Poll Options
View poll results: Obama...
more good than bad
58 62%
more bad than good
35 38%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 5
I think he's black and everyone hates him because of it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
seems like he tried to get a lot done but the Republicans kept roadblocking him at every opportunity so i cant say either way since he couldnt get anything done

sucks about him dronestriking kids overseas tho
Like his healthcare, don't like how sleazy he is in regards to committee appointments and his obvious approval of shit like public surveillance and that lack of accountability in big business.
In all seriousness I agree with Obama's words most of the time and voted for him, but in practice he's an extremely weak leader. I think presidential leadership is super important so I lean towards him being more bad than good. I made a list ranking the US presidents a few months ago and I would put him in the middle and trending downward.
Is Andrew Jackson on the butt end of your list cause he's kind of a scumbag and why is he even on the $20 bill.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
Is Andrew Jackson on the butt end of your list cause he's kind of a scumbag and why is he even on the $20 bill.

Yeah he's like bottom 10 I think but I want him to stay on the $20 bill because he was anti-national bank and not in favor of paper currency so it's funny and he would hate it if he were alive.
I think Ted Cruz's nose should be the next president.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by GuitarGod_92
you say that like there's been a president that wasnt a scumbag

Quote by bradulator
In all seriousness I agree with Obama's words most of the time and voted for him, but in practice he's an extremely weak leader. I think presidential leadership is super important so I lean towards him being more bad than good. I made a list ranking the US presidents a few months ago and I would put him in the middle and trending downward.

You want to do a top 50 presidents list, don't you?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
you say that like there's been a president that wasnt a scumbag

I'd rather have a scumbag that gets things done than a feckless "angel".

Anyways, the OP question implies that the modern presidency has any effective influence or that our democracy is working.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 19, 2014,
Quote by bradulator
Yeah he's like bottom 10 I think but I want him to stay on the $20 bill because he was anti-national bank and not in favor of paper currency so it's funny and he would hate it if he were alive.

respectable and also kind of the answer I semi-hoped for
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by bdof
If there were 50 to even begin with

How about a top 40?

tbf it was a joke referring to another list of 50 he's involved in.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Eastwinn
not radical enough.

Radicalism doesn't work in our govt by nature because it's pretty well based on compromises. Jimmy Carter was maybe one of the most principled presidents we had, which is admirable, but it didn't make him a good/effective one.

Quote by steve_muse
You want to do a top 50 presidents list, don't you?

UG's top 50 presidents hmu

[quote="GuitarGawd16[/quote"]lol
I know you're wrong
I think he seems like a pretty cool guy, but I honestly don't think I know enough about politics (mainly bc I don't want to tbh) to have an opinion on whether he's been a good or bad president.
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 19, 2014,
I think he's a crappy extemporaneous speaker, but good otherwise. His speech about that Tuscon congresswomen who got shot in the head by a loony is probably one of his greatest moments. And one of the best speeches in US history i'd wager.
I'm pretty sure he only became president because people thought it would be super politically correct to have a black president

I don't know all there is to know about American politics, but from what I've heard of him he's seemed more bad than good, but in this day and age there isn't really such thing as a politician who is more good than bad
I have nothing important to say
Quote by GuitarGod_92
seems like he tried to get a lot done but the Republicans kept roadblocking him at every opportunity so i cant say either way since he couldnt get anything done

If only he had a Democrat controlled House and Senate for a few years.

Oh wait

Quote by Baby Joel

Considering the fact that he destroyed the central banking system, he probably wouldn't want to be on the $20 anyway. He would be high on my list though, notwithstanding the Indian Removal Act.
While I generally disagree with the direction he's taken the country, I think the opposition he faced made it difficult for him to do much of anything. And I'd rather see change, even in my idea of the "wrong" direction, than stagnation, which I feel we're facing.

Getting the whole first black president thing over with was nice.

I hindsight, he's been no better than Bush, who gets so thoroughly bashed. At least Bush was an outright corporate cocksucker, where Obama seems better at hiding it. CORPORATE COCKUSCKERS THE LOT OF EM.

**** the War on Drugs, **** JSOC, **** police brutality, Long be the prosperity of the American peoples.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
He's a well educated orator. Ignoring the dispute between original or drafted speeches, he knows how to craft words and convey a message that sounds sincere. He uses mayoral charm and gets in the pocket of trust, while appealing to a broader audience.

In all, he's an excellent surface study of what a president looks like, acts like, and talks like...but it ends at study.

In practice, he's best suited as a governor, because that's how he acts, the kind of politician that makes big decisions on a small scale. He was underprepared, and elected based on false-pretense, and his self-awareness about public opinion regarding his office (a big one being race) has led him to lead a presidency in which he's been out to prove himself since day one. This objective has clouded his ability to lead, and when the going got tough he was smart enough to act like a president, but not really be one.

I think back to everything that's happened during his time in office, and then remember everything said in his first campaign debate...the two definitely do not match up. That in principle makes him a bad president for me.
Horrible president, i promise you 10-15 yrs later when the bigger picture of the effects of is presidency become apparent he will go down in history as one of the worst. His Foreign policy has been a joke. Bengazi, Ignoring his generals who said we were not ready to leave Iraq on their own. Look at Isis now taking over the whole place, which the white house was aware of their growing presence and ignored the intelligence community that said the US should respond, now they are a massive problem.

Follow the money. He presided over the largest transfer of wealth in history with the bank bailout. Incomes have fallen the largest percentage in decades. We have the greatest non-participation in the labor force in 40 years. Minorities have been hardest hit by his economic do nothing policy. They completely, and outright lied to get Obamacare passed. Which, no surprise, already by early estimates, the CBO says will be much more than estimated. His whole finacial team was Goldman sachs banksters. Tim Geitner, Larry Summers. Look at who they worked for n the past, and many others. All the same players.

He expanded many of the patriot act powers that he criticized Bush for. As well as expanded drone strikes killing many innocent civilians. I could keep going. Dont get me wrong. The republicans are a$$#@les too. They have evryone convinced of this false left right paradigm, that doesnt exist.
Page 1 of 5