Hello!

I'm fairly new to guitar recording, and just picked up the Scarlett 2i4 because I read it was good for it's value. Before that, I was just using a Rocksmith cable, which is cheap and not really meant for recording.

So I plugged it in my computer via the USB cable, and installed the driver. However, to get the best outcome for the 2i4, I needed to plug in either headphones or speakers into the 2i4. Here's the problem, none of the speakers or headphones I have is able to fit into the 2i4, so now I have to use the ol' ASIO4ALL drivers.

I am thinking of getting speakers or monitors that is able to be used for the 2i4, but I don't know which one is good, or decent. I'm thinking of a budget of a maximum of $700, but maybe a bit more if needed. Any ideas?

And in the meantime, does anyone know how to get low latency when using ASIO4ALL drivers? I usually get about 30-50ms, and I don't know if it's too high or not.

Thank you!
JBL LSR305 are also a good option...I had a friend though who insisted that for low budget you should get the Focal CMS series though...
Quote by diabolical
Depends on your budget for monitors. The M-Audio BX5 for not much $ are pretty decent.

My budget is around $500-700.
Is it the M-Audio BX5 Carbon, or D2?
Quote by ThatGuy_17
JBL LSR305 are also a good option...I had a friend though who insisted that for low budget you should get the Focal CMS series though...

Hmm, they don't seem to have those in my local music store. Do you know any other that has more value?
Used pair of Dynaudio BM5A Mk IIs or a new pair of Yamaha HS8s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Def a pair of HS8's if ya ask me.
Even better, if you can stretch your budget a bit get the ZenPro mod'd model.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by awesomealvin
Hmm, they don't seem to have those in my local music store. Do you know any other that has more value?

Can your local store order products? Are you against buying online? If the CMS are in your budget, you should buy them. I can't stress enough that they're really the best for that price and if you can afford great monitors from the get-go, you shouldn't think twice about making that decision.

Besides, if you don't have experience with studio monitors then you probably don't know what to listen for when auditioning them, so you kinda need to go on recommendations. Look up reviews for the Focals and you'll see why they're your best bet

KRK VXT series are also in that range, and are almost as good at the CMS.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by MatrixClaw
Used pair of Dynaudio BM5A Mk IIs or a new pair of Yamaha HS8s.

My other local music store has got a Dynaudio, but it's on POA.

The Yamaha are in stock, maybe not in my local area, but I could have them deliver.
http://www.musicworks.co.nz/studio-monitors/hs8-yamaha-powered-studio-monitor/ They don't specify if it comes in single, or double, but comparing the price to amazon, if it was single, do you think it would be too much? I'm emailing them right now about if it's single or double.
Quote by Sid McCall
Can your local store order products? Are you against buying online? If the CMS are in your budget, you should buy them. I can't stress enough that they're really the best for that price and if you can afford great monitors from the get-go, you shouldn't think twice about making that decision.

Besides, if you don't have experience with studio monitors then you probably don't know what to listen for when auditioning them, so you kinda need to go on recommendations. Look up reviews for the Focals and you'll see why they're your best bet

KRK VXT series are also in that range, and are almost as good at the CMS.

I think they can only order it, if the product is on their website.
Do you know what KRK VXT model in particular is good? I found http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/krk-vxt-6-inch-active-bi-amp-studio-monitors-pair.html this. Seems a bit too much for me tho.
Quote by awesomealvin
I think they can only order it, if the product is on their website.
Do you know what KRK VXT model in particular is good? I found http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/krk-vxt-6-inch-active-bi-amp-studio-monitors-pair.html this. Seems a bit too much for me tho.

The VXT4 should be much cheaper. Then again, it looks like most people thought you meant USD, because if that's the price of the VX6, then your budget is a bit off from USD. Those would cost $900 for a pair in the US.

But seriously, if you can afford the Focals, order them. You won't have to upgrade those for many years.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
The VXT4 should be much cheaper. Then again, it looks like most people thought you meant USD, because if that's the price of the VX6, then your budget is a bit off from USD. Those would cost $900 for a pair in the US.

But seriously, if you can afford the Focals, order them. You won't have to upgrade those for many years.

The VXT4 is $999 in NZ http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/krk-vxt-4-inch-active-bi-amp-studio-monitors-pair.html

Do you know where I could order Focals online? and also what specific model?
For serious recording you need both headphones and monitors.... and room treatment. I would choose Sony 7506 phones and Mackie HR824 monitors.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HR824mk2?adpos=1o1&creative=54989476081&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CIetpLzU3cICFRJlfgodBnQAkQ
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
For Studio Headphones, I've noticed the Audio Technica ATH-M50's get mentioned quite a bit...
Quote by ThatGuy_17
For Studio Headphones, I've noticed the Audio Technica ATH-M50's get mentioned quite a bit...

I've done quite a bit of research of them, and they do seem really good for it's value, so I guess I'll pick those up, thanks.
Quote by Cajundaddy
For serious recording you need both headphones and monitors.... and room treatment. I would choose Sony 7506 phones and Mackie HR824 monitors.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HR824mk2?adpos=1o1&creative=54989476081&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CIetpLzU3cICFRJlfgodBnQAkQ

Sorry that i wasn't specific enough; I am looking for pairs of under around $700.
And also, i probably won't be doing serious recording, as I'm fairly new to it.
I've read some positive reviews about the Behringer Truth B1030A, and I just wanted to make sure if it was good for it's price? In NZD, it's $600 for pairs and they've got it in stock at my local music store.