Looking for a drop in hardtail bridge for a strat copy I refinished instead of buying a tremelo upgrade. Do any exist?
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Anyone?
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
You could always go for something like this:
Hardtail bridge for strat

You can fill the cavity that's there from the original trem with a chuck of wood and stick this on there. They can be found cheaper as well.

If you don't want to fill the cavity, you could probably modify the bridge to fit a block onto it.
Thanks was thinking of going this route.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Thanks for the links
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Just block the bridge, leave the springs on and remove the arm. It will be much easier, cheaper and will accomplish the same thing.
I'm looking for different bridge options because I'm changing color of the hardware from chrome to black.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by RJH11
I'm looking for different bridge options because I'm changing color of the hardware from chrome to black.

Then just get a new black trem style bridge, they do make them you know. I'm still sticking with my 1st post.

EDIT: Guitar Fetish is a good place to find a good quality replacement for a good price. They have options for 6 point trems in American & Import sizes and 2 point trems for American spaced or Wilkinson 2 points that fit American & Import.

But if you're bent on going through all the trouble of converting to a fixed bridge, that's your choice and nothing wrong with it. I'm just trying to help you get the same result with way less work. And you would still have the option to unblock it in the future if you ever did get the bug back to use the trem. I'v seen plenty of people who have.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Dec 22, 2014,
Right on I've just always wanted a full on hardtail strat but one of the black import trems will do. And I know locking it acomplishes the same thing 4 other strats have this done all ready.
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals