what branch of maths should i study if i want to be able to read the langage of texts like this one? : http://projecteuclid.org/download/pdf_1/euclid.cmp/1103858969
*safe link
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Last edited by /-Vince-\ at Dec 19, 2014,
i'll be honest m8

when i saw "nomenclature" in the thread title

thought we were gonna talk binomial

and i would have been all

shit i got a link in my sig an everything
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You'll need to learn and comprehend everything that describes the state of affairs in Bell's Theorem.
Quote by Zaphikh
You'll need to learn and comprehend everything that describes the state of affairs in Bell's Theorem.
I went to a Taco Bell once.
Paging Dr. Eastwinn...

I thought we were going to be arguing whether it is "math" or "maths."

Just going of the word "Euclidian" I'm assuming its geometry related.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by theogonia777
i'll be honest m8

when i saw "nomenclature" in the thread title

thought we were gonna talk binomial

and i would have been all

shit i got a link in my sig an everything

Hey I have some maths for ya.

Biology ≠ maths

However
Music = art
Art = colours
Colours = physics
Physics = Maths

Proofs
Quote by chrismendiola
Hey I have some maths for ya.

Biology ≠ maths

However
Music = art
Art = colours
Colours = physics
Physics = Maths

Proofs

cake = music

so

cake = math

but it thought

pi = math
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by /-Vince-\
what branch of maths should i study if i want to be able to read the langage of texts like this one? : http://projecteuclid.org/download/pdf_1/euclid.cmp/1103858969
*safe link

Too many. Why do you want to be able to 'read' that? If you're interested in the subject but lack the theory background then a scientific paper isn't the way to go, you need something a lot more basic.

In the first couple of pages there's a shitton of tensor product, the idea of dual spaces, metric tensors, etc. getting even the most basic idea of what that is takes quite some time, quite a lot.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
From Wikipedia (so it must be true): In mathematics, a Green's function is the impulse response of an inhomogeneous differential equation defined on a domain, with specified initial conditions or boundary conditions. Via the superposition principle, the convolution of a Green's function with an arbitrary function f(x) on that domain is the solution to the inhomogeneous differential equation for f(x).

Understand that? If not, do a somewhat in depth study of general math/physics concepts and you might understand this introduction. Why do you want to understand this anyway, unless of course you're a mathematics student? (In which case I would totally respect.)
step one in academia, research the authors.

Konrad Osterwalder studied theoretical physics. Robert Schrader studied Mathematical Physics.

Therefore, physics and mathematics...at the bachelors level, masters level, and doctoral level.

You also have to understand that physics and mathematics are intertwined (more-so for the prior) and doctoral scientific research from beginning to end takes in the neighborhood of 12 - 16 years (including post-doc research) AND this paper was written by two researches who have already contributed volumes of research prior to the said paper.

Go to school.
Quote by Zaphikh

something something nonlocality
Anytime someone says their link is safe, I assume it's not.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by RedDeath9
something something nonlocality

That's it in a nutshell.