I think a lot of what you're hearing is just the strings themselves. A big semi hollow body guitar is going to let the strings resonate more... just like an acoustic, but not quite. It sounded like the typical humbucker sound to me when he changed to his distortion channel.

As far as what the pickups are, no clue.

Edit: Hmmm, did some researching and found this little quote on Wiki: "In addition to the change from the original black plastic dual-coil Humbucker pick-ups this guitar was altered when it became the EA-250 Riviera and the guitar was re-introduced with single coil pick-ups covered with the standard two coil Humbucker pick-up covers which adds a unique element to the guitar model."
Last edited by Explorer91 at Dec 20, 2014,
Want humbuckers that are similar to single coils you could try some P90s
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Quote by 'DC fan
Want humbuckers that are similar to single coils you could try some P90s

Except P90s aren't hum-cancelling. The best bet is to get some 4 conductor (wire) humbuckers and have someone install a coil splitting circuit.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Except P90s aren't hum-cancelling. The best bet is to get some 4 conductor (wire) humbuckers and have someone install a coil splitting circuit.

No, that's far from the best bet. In fact, it's not even close.

I have an old original 1949 ES-175 that came with a single P90 in the neck position.

If you want a noiseless P90, there are several available. Perhaps the best one (the one that sounds most like my vintage original P90, that is) is the Kinman noiseless P90.

http://www.kinman.com/index.php
Quote by Explorer91
I think a lot of what you're hearing is just the strings themselves. A big semi hollow body guitar is going to let the strings resonate more... just like an acoustic, but not quite. It sounded like the typical humbucker sound to me when he changed to his distortion channel.

As far as what the pickups are, no clue.

Edit: Hmmm, did some researching and found this little quote on Wiki: "In addition to the change from the original black plastic dual-coil Humbucker pick-ups this guitar was altered when it became the EA-250 Riviera and the guitar was re-introduced with single coil pick-ups covered with the standard two coil Humbucker pick-up covers which adds a unique element to the guitar model."

Is that mean EA-250 has two single-coil pickups in humbucker cases?
Quote by kyuseok
Is that mean EA-250 has two single-coil pickups in humbucker cases?

Yep, that's exactly what they're saying
Sooooooo...get some HB-sized P90s. They're the right size, and will deliver singlecoil tones.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You might take a look at some TV Jones filter trons. Humbuckers with a unique tone.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Sooooooo...get some HB-sized P90s. They're the right size, and will deliver singlecoil tones.

Well, it looks like a real humbucker with adjustable pole-piece on the down side, and it is more closer to Fender's chimey tone, not the P90 one... Any ideas for suggestion please?
Quote by columbiar
You might take a look at some TV Jones filter trons. Humbuckers with a unique tone.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote by kyuseok
Well, it looks like a real humbucker with adjustable pole-piece on the down side, and it is more closer to Fender's chimey tone, not the P90 one... Any ideas for suggestion please?

I'd look at the RailHammer H90s (the Tel90) and Bareknuckle HBS-P90s (Manhattan, Blue Note, or Mississippi Queen) first.

That said, the TV Jones are an excellent suggestion.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!