Page 1 of 2
A lot of us have pretty fond memories of Christmas at home and the gifts we'd get. Christmas day for me would always be opening this kickarse present and spending the day setting it up and playing with it.

What was your top Christmas toy as a kid?

For me it was one of two lego kits I had.

The two most vivid Christmas's I had were spent constructing those two bad boys.

NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Playstation 2, but it was technically for me and my two brothers so it wasn't really mine

So I guess this was my favorite thing I ever got. A Schwinn when I was 7 or 8. It was a little big at the time so it's something I could still use, and it's in good condition. Don't really ever use it anymore, but I can't see myself getting rid of it. Probably have hundreds of miles on that thing. This pic isn't the exact model, but it's basically the same.

Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 20, 2014,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Consoles don't count post REAL toys only

**** you

N64

I guess if you insist otherwise, like Phils, my multiple bicycles. When I wasn't playing Mario Kart or Bomberman or something I was likely owning the streets of southern Indiana with my friends on my bike.

And mine was also a Schwinn
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Dec 20, 2014,
My best Christmas was when Dad only beat us twice.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
if real toys only then probably these dope lightsabers that you could change the color of the LED, the hilt type, etc
toys were pretty boring to be honest

sports stuff was the best, then video games
Quote by WCPhils
toys were pretty boring to be honest

sports stuff was the best, then video games

I've never been into sports, really, at any stage in my life. As kids, my friends and I got our kicks through a variety of outdoor shenanigans. Bikes, climbing trees, walking creeks, hiking, etc.

Now I'm lazy and spend 90% of the year indoors. Being an adult is so cool :')
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
As kids, my friends and I got our kicks through a variety of outdoor shenanigans. Bikes, climbing trees, walking creeks, hiking, etc.

Now I'm lazy and spend 90% of the year indoors. Being an adult is so cool :')

No, I agree with this. There were a lot of pickup games of basketball, baseball, and football, but also all that other stuff too. I hate how much I'm inside now. :/
Legitimately think Lego is one of the best toys ever. Gets you active with your hand, stimulates spacial areas of your brain, and you can have so much fun just making your own constructions and stuff as well as following the instructions to make the normal stuff is so great. If I am ever a Dad I'm buying my kid Lego.
I think my favourite gift I got was a Lego model of Cloud City.

Fun fact is that people will now pay hundreds for the Boba Fett figure from that set in good condition because apparently people are worse with their money than me.

Quote by roRyL
This shit:

I remember this set because I saw it a couple of years after I got out of Lego. That awkward age where I was old enough to think I should be a grown up and not get toys and not old enough to not care what people think of me and get toys.

I was in the Lego shop earlier today for a gander. They have a new Star Destroyer and I'm so tempted. Lego is cool (and damn expensive).
Quote by Trowzaa

+1000 I'm such a 90's kid
Quote by homeless-john
I think my favourite gift I got was a Lego model of Cloud City.

Fun fact is that people will now pay hundreds for the Boba Fett figure from that set in good condition because apparently people are worse with their money than me.

I remember this set because I saw it a couple of years after I got out of Lego. That awkward age where I was old enough to think I should be a grown up and not get toys and not old enough to not care what people think of me and get toys.

I was in the Lego shop earlier today for a gander. They have a new Star Destroyer and I'm so tempted. Lego is cool (and damn expensive).

I've got a full Slave 1 set with Boba Fett. Wonder how much I can sell it for

Lego is so cool but it's a bit of an eternal present really. Pass it down to your kids and to their kids kids and it can still be used together.
Quote by Trowzaa

This, with Super smash bros and Mario 64. Best christmas ever.
Guitar
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Consoles are boring we know what they look like post real toys like this bad boy

That was most definitely the shit too.

(Invalid img)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I've got a full Slave 1 set with Boba Fett. Wonder how much I can sell it for

Lego is so cool but it's a bit of an eternal present really. Pass it down to your kids and to their kids kids and it can still be used together.

I think it's that specific Boba Fett figure that fetches so much because it was the first figure to have arm printing. I know more about this than I should but all the weird aftermarket stuff that goes on around Lego is genuinely kind of fascinating.

It's true about it being a generational thing. It's timeless.

EDIT: Here's a price guide for that Boba Fett figure. It's insane.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sw107

There are some that go for even more than that. For the past few years they've been handing out Comic Con exclusive Marvel and DC figures and I'm sure some of those have went for up to £500. It's genuinely baffling that anybody could pay that much for an inch tall plastic figure.
Last edited by homeless-john at Dec 20, 2014,
I had that lego castle too! And also this

I guess all the lego are still somewhere (huge box)
I had the entire Rebel fighter fleet in Lego. The X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, even the B-Wing. I'm assuming I got at least one of those for Christmas
Ah fair enough. I think some of the old Lego kits were so much cooler than the new ones. As good as the new ones are they're much more licensed and harder for your imagination to run riot with generic concepts like "castles" or "pirates" and I think that's lost a lot of the magic.

Quote by ElMaco
I had that lego castle too! And also this

I guess all the lego are still somewhere (huge box)

Haven't played lego for ages but a few years back I sorted out all of the kits my kits into boxes and collected the instructions and figures together and bagged them up so it'd be easy to build them up if someone got them out of the loft again. Jesus lego was so cool.
I love how this has inadvertently became a thread where people reminisce about Lego.

Quote by BelowTheSun
I had the entire Rebel fighter fleet in Lego. The X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, even the B-Wing. I'm assuming I got at least one of those for Christmas

I had all the TIE Fighters. We could have had battles and I would have one because TIE Fighters rule, Rebel fighters drool.

Rebel fighters are actually better but I have to work with what I got here.
Quote by homeless-john
I had all the TIE Fighters. We could have had battles and I would have one because TIE Fighters rule, Rebel fighters drool.

Rebel fighters are actually better but I have to work with what I got here.

My B-Wing would have crushed you on its own. That ship was so cool, it should have gotten more screen time in the films than the like, 10 seconds it gets in RoTJ.
I had a couple of Harry Potter ones too. Didn't get much Star Wars lego because it was ridiculously overpriced but the original Slave 1 was #GOAT

Quote by BelowTheSun
My B-Wing would have crushed you on its own. That ship was so cool, it should have gotten more screen time in the films than the like, 10 seconds it gets in RoTJ.

Did it even get more screen time in any of the edits? I mean the image of a B-Wing is burned into my mind but I can't think of a single specific shot it's in from Return of the Jedi.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I had a couple of Harry Potter ones too. Didn't get much Star Wars lego because it was ridiculously overpriced but the original Slave 1 was #GOAT

I had that exact set. Loved it.

Saw a display of this big beautiful bastard while I was looking about the Lego Store earlier. The picture doesn't quite do justice do how massive it is.

Quote by BelowTheSun

B-Wings were terrible in X-wing v TIE Fighter.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Amongst many others I also had this monstrosity:

This one was my favourite:
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Consoles are boring we know what they look like post real toys like this bad boy

I got this one Christmas
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
I got this one Christmas

Yea, I think everyone had one. They must have sold so many of those things

It's like this rug

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Jesus that's beautiful, is it a set you can buy?

The dream is also having this:

I think it's available January. It's also £170 if I'm remembering correctly.

The Super Star Destroyer is beautiful but I don't know where I have the space to display or, more importantly, the money to buy it.
Quote by WCPhils
Yea, I think everyone had one. They must have sold so many of those things

It's like this rug

That rug was the shit I loved mine

90s British toys were the best
Back when I was a kid we didn't have Christmas. My family went around the weekend before Christmas buying used pots and pans from garage sales so we would have something to cook with. Of course we didn't have any money, so my brothers and I mowed lawns and cleaned houses in payment. And we were grateful because we knew that meant we could cook our beans and boil our water for Christmas dinner.
Page 1 of 2