Building might not be the right word for what I'm trying to do but a title with Putting together kits and parts for a whole rig is a bit lengthy

I'm looking to purchase a good 15 watt DIY tube kit, an empty 1x12 cabinet (either extension or combo if it fits the chassis of the tube amp kit) and a good speaker to match. I'm at a bit of a lose for finding the tube amp kit. While there are plenty out there I can't seem to find a site that I like and looks trustworthy. So does anyone have any suggestions for DIY tube amp sites?

I'd like to find one that has a 3 band EQ, possibly a master volume, and a FX loop. I have a degree in Electronics Engineering so skill level should be an issue unless the instructions is just a huge schematic, then I might get lost.

Also what is GB&C's opinions on speakers? I know all the common or mainstream speakers, Celetion Greenback, creamback, heritage. Eminence Patriot, Swamp thing....the list goes on of course. But having no way of sitting down and play though each speaker, I'm looking for insight, please.

I play a wide range of music; jazz, blues, rock, classic rock, 80's metal, heavy metal, death metal, prog anything. Just about the only thing I don't dable in is country. My main stay area though is 80's metal, prog rock and metal, and heavy metal.

I won't say budget isnt an issue because it always is but I'd like to see/hear any input provided in case something amazing comes along that makes have the "I need it!" feeling.

Thanks,
These are good reputable places you an buy from
www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/amp-kits

http://ceriatone.com/ and if your in the USA use this alternate site instead http://ceriatone.net/

Just realize it is not going to be all that cheap to build an amp yourself
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I realize I'm not saving money in this endeavor. It was never about that, it was about building/having a tube amp that re-sparks my love for guitar and to kick start myself in guitar gear building.

great links! keep them coming
Quote by Scotsman24`
I realize I'm not saving money in this endeavor. It was never about that, it was about building/having a tube amp that re-sparks my love for guitar and to kick start myself in guitar gear building.

great links! keep them coming

These are a few other sites I would trust
www.tubedepot.com/
www.modkitsdiy.com/

Since it is your first build maybe start with this kit www.modkitsdiy.com/kit/mod_102_guitar_amp_kit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My current first choice would be Ceriatone. It's in Indonesia, I'm in El Lay and I'm absolutely confident that Nik Hazlam would get me a great kit quickly. The ONLY problem is that Nik will handwire the thing for you (well, now he has minions to do it) so inexpensively, that unless you really want the experience of putting together a kit, it makes all kinds of sense to have him (or Minion #2) do it for you <G>.

Second choice would be Weber. https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits.htm
Good stuff all-round, and Weber speakers are excellent. Also has cabinets, etc. The whole schmear.

My favorite 12" speaker for most rock music is a Vintage 30 that's been well broken in, in an open-back cabinet.

My favorite closed-back 1x12 cabinet is the Mesa Theile cabinet with an EV-L in it (that's what it was designed for). This is a cabinet that was actually designed by ElectroVoice for these speakers, but Mesa modified the dimensions slightly (and not for the better). Here's an unfinished version: http://www.trmguitarcabs.com/ported-cabs.html

My suggestion is to NOT tolex it. You might try using Duratex (this is what's being used on most Pro Audio cabinets these days),which is a textured, very tough paint available in colors. I have one of these that was hosed down with Line-X (google it), which (if you're going to be going on the road with it) will make it pretty close to indestructible.
^ Ceriatone has a distributer based in the USA now so you will get it even quicker
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ Ceriatone has a distributer based in the USA now so you will get it even quicker

Check with Nik before you use them.
Quote by dspellman
Check with Nik before you use them.

Yeah it was an email from Ceriatone that I found out about the US based distributer, they said it would be a much quicker way for me to get one if I ordered.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thx Robb and dspell!

Any more suggestions anyone? I had in my head to build a ~15W amp with a great clean sound and a warm tube overdrive to help push my effects (that I eventually will build myself).

Specifically, anyone have more ideas on speakers?