Does anyone name their bass (or guitar)? Not my thing, but I wonder how these names come about....
A friend named my Ibanez Edward, because it's pale and has a slight sparkle. I was not impressed.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
^Tell BB King that.

With that said, my upright has been named Godzilla, for the sound it made when I started to play Arco and its relative size in our living room.
No.

It's sad imo.

I think it's passable to name a one-of-a-kind guitar, but a mass produced guitar? nah.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I call mine "guitar"

it loves me very much.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
My MSA Classic is sometimes unofficially referred to as "White Jerry Stackhouse" because it has the same birthday as Jerry Stackhouse (November 5th, 1974) but is white.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yes, I name them every time they go out of tune, or it I am having an off playing day. Then I name them "Stupid, f%cking piece of sh#t!!!"

That probably doesn't count, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Only my good fretted instruments (4 of them), and with meaningful names.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I only named one; after my mother. It's the one instrument she bought me as sort of a university graduation present.
404: Sig not found.
I call mine the "piece of shit" because it is
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
A friend of mine got a bass for Christmas and called it Ferdinand, which I'm pretty sure is not the name of her girlfriend.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
I name all my guitars, though I rarely refer to them by name. More like "Hand me that sh*tty acoustic over there. Yeah, the one with all the dents and chipped wood." And I have not named either bass I've owned, I just realized, or the keyboards.
Quote by bloatedcorpse13
Anyone name one after a wife or girlfriend? Mom was mentioned...

Named my LP after my girlfriend's favorite Pokemon, though I can't remember why other than 'because we're dorks,' but the name, Shinx, has stuck.
Named my acoustic as soon as I got it out of the box (I ordered online-- I now see my mistake). It's an Epiphone AJ-100, and on the headstock it says AJ, so that's it's name.
My mysterious Strat knock-off is covered with stickers from Ithaca, so I dub it The Ithacaster...again, I'm a dork like that.
Custom-Built Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Orange Rockerverb 50 Combo
I've given names to all of mine
1) White Partscaster with Gold Stripe and hardware: Lux
2) Austin AA25-DEC acoustic that is a Red Sunburst: Ember
3) Squier Stratocaster in Black: Pearl
4) Ibanez AEB10E acoustic bass in Black: Jett
5) Yamaha RBX170 bass in Metallic Red: Rubie (like Ruby)
6) Fender Tom Delonge (I know he is a horrible guitar player) Stratocaster in Surf Green: Cabbage
7) Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333 Brown Stripe: Mutt
8) Fender Mark Hoppus Precision-Jazz Bass in Surf Green: Lettuce II
9) Gibson Les Paul Junior in Gloss Yellow: Apollo
I've found females that are interested in you like it when you name your instruments after them

Well the ones that are interested in me always seem to. Not sure if that's related to the fact I don't name my guitars anymore or not, maybe I'll find out one day
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Holy NecroThread, Batman!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by anarkee
^Tell BB King that.

There are people who give their genitals names, too.
It's what you do in an Oklahoma trailerpark between tornadoes.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 27, 2015,
bit of a bump isn't it? at any rate I got another bass (should have made a thread after I was unbanned) and named it Chase after a girl who's become a very dear friend.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day