Page 4 of 8
Dick Dale called my wife hot while he was on stage and we were front center. That's about all I got, haha.
Quote by Ippon
I thought she was still a serious GF.

We did it up at the courthouse last week. The ceremony itself in in 4 weeks.
GF, wife, fiancé...he flips terminology about as often as he flips guitars.

...maybe he's flipping women as well, and he's actually talking about different people!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Ippon
I thought she was still a serious GF.

I was more surprised that Dick Dale is still touring.

EDIT:

And Congrats, Rooster, as well
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Feb 25, 2015,
Congrats?

I mean, congrats!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
GF, wife, fiancé...he flips terminology about as often as he flips guitars.

...maybe he's flipping women as well, and he's actually talking about different people!

He's loyal, like loyal to G&L, his GF/now wife, etc. This is something I hope to experience since I'm always in love with whoever I'm with.
Quote by JustRooster
CP Jaguar and J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster for sure.

actually i saw him on late night with seth meyers the volume was turned down the whole show i dont know what i was waiting for after it but i listened to his performance it was great ( the name of the song will be helpful guys )

so yeah maybe i will get it
please ignore my username
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
actually i saw him on late night with seth meyers the volume was turned down the whole show i dont know what i was waiting for after it but i listened to his performance it was great ( the name of the song will be helpful guys )

so yeah maybe i will get it

Get it! Pic of the J Mascis: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33261282&postcount=4461
Those Squier JM Jazzmasters are really worth while. Probably the best thing out of the Chinese factory.
Out of curiosity, how's the bridge on those things? Is the radius mismatched like on J's own ones (he uses TOMs, right?)? And does it affect it in any major way?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
so guys its time to buy me a jazzmaster but im having doubts about the pickups im going to use the guitar for stuff like ( hole / arctic monkeys / a little bit of nirvana) basic distortion but are they going to work
If the pickups on the Jazzmaster aren't to your taste, maybe you'd prefer the pickups on a Jaguar (Single coils) or maybe a blacktop Jaguar (Humbuckers). That way you get a guitar that looks similar to a Jazzmaster but with the pickup combination you like.

The only way to know for sure is to find a few Jazzmaster / Jaguars and try them all and see which sounds best to you.
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
so guys its time to buy me a jazzmaster but im having doubts about the pickups im going to use the guitar for stuff like ( hole / arctic monkeys / a little bit of nirvana) basic distortion but are they going to work

FYI Alex Turner uses a Jazzmaster.

Kurt Cobain used various Fender offsets afaik so the JM should do.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by WeZ-84
If the pickups on the Jazzmaster aren't to your taste, maybe you'd prefer the pickups on a Jaguar (Single coils) or maybe a blacktop Jaguar (Humbuckers). That way you get a guitar that looks similar to a Jazzmaster but with the pickup combination you like.

The only way to know for sure is to find a few Jazzmaster / Jaguars and try them all and see which sounds best to you.

a Squier is all what i can afford at this moment

and there is no way for me to try one
Quote by JustRooster
"hole / arctic monkeys / a little bit of nirvana"

Sounds like you want a Jaguar.

right now i have 2 ebay pages opened one is for the jag and the other is for the jazzmaster

there is no H/H jaguar except the Fiesta Red but i dont like the finish
Quote by cxrlxscr
FYI Alex Turner uses a Jazzmaster.

Kurt Cobain used various Fender offsets afaik so the JM should do.

I think im going with a jaguar and the jazz master will be next around 4 months im getting both guitars but one is a squier
So now the jazzmaster will be an American or a classic player
Check out Guitars & Effects for decent deals on used guitars:
http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/page3.html

Everyone I know who has made a purchase there has been pleased.

Elderly instruments usually has good ones as well, but tend towards the higher end ones.

^That guitarandeffects.com site is really cool. Thanks for posting that link.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Designing a guitar body. Got the tools, gonna start building soon. Here's a rough idea of what I'd like to go for. Thoughts?

Quote by JustRooster
Designing a guitar body. Got the tools, gonna start building soon. Here's a rough idea of what I'd like to go for. Thoughts?

The curly horn isn't to my personal taste, but overall it's a really nice looking guitar, good luck with it

Finish ideas?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 1, 2015,
This is just a dreaming phase right now. I've only begun to make bodies, so I'm going to get a few Tele's out of the way before I go for the gold.
Quote by JustRooster

looks a little bit like the yamaha sg 1968
Quote by JustRooster

Extend the bottom horn out a little bit.

****, I miss my Iceman.
Cry yourself to ash
so guys did anyone tried laboga amps ?

my uncle friend is opening a new shop finally and he told me that he is bringing "laboga"

for the first year
Do Mustang saddles fit directly on Jag bridges? I'm already having the time of my life handling rattly screws (less than two weeks into owning this thing) and I want to sort it as cheaply as possible.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
If I remember correctly the only difference is that the Mustang bridge has only the single groove saddles, so the saddles should be interchangeable. If not, I know that the entire bridge piece is interchangeable between the Mustang and Jaguar, so you could always swap the entire piece out.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
If I remember correctly the only difference is that the Mustang bridge has only the single groove saddles, so the saddles should be interchangeable. If not, I know that the entire bridge piece is interchangeable between the Mustang and Jaguar, so you could always swap the entire piece out.

Much appreciated Only reason I prefer the saddles-only option is because I'm completely broke and could hardly afford the guitar itself in the first place The less extra I spend on this the better.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
So the jaguar is on the way

How much time it takes a shipment to arrive to new york from california ?
Anyone tried the Thurston Moore or Lee Renaldo sigs?

Personally I think they are beautiful guitars, haven't gotten the chance to play them though.
Cry yourself to ash
Very pretty, though missing a few switches and knobs
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
so jay turser is making a mustangs copy now i dont remember this was on the website before

Quote by Vampire_State
Anyone tried the Thurston Moore or Lee Renaldo sigs?

Personally I think they are beautiful guitars, haven't gotten the chance to play them though.

I wish. I've never seen either in real life, but I know the Lee Ranaldo Sig has the Reissue Wide Ranges that no one seems to like (I do though, they're decent pickups even if they aren't faithful reissues).

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi