Page 5 of 8
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Seriously debating buying that last Eko right now. Should i do it?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It LOOKS pristine.

And compared to this one:
https://reverb.com/item/155920-eko-500-4v-1962-pearl-white

The price looks sweet, too.

(I'm no EKO expert, though.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 7, 2015,

That's one way of letting people know it has really been sold!

so what do you thing about "relicing" a guitar i never though of doing it but some how i want to do it on the VM jaguar ( it should arrive in the next 4 days)
please ignore my username
Relicing can be done subtle, which can be nice, or outrageous, which is usually horrid if not done naturally IMHO.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Not a fan of relicing at all.

im not a fan also but i dont know why i want to on this guitar

im thinking only on this area

Quote by nirvana_n_roses
im not a fan also but i dont know why i want to on this guitar

im thinking only on this area

Personally I'm not into relicing unless it's done the hard way or in really good imitation of it. That said, while I don't tend to like sunburst as such, I think it looks exceptionally good reliced in a way other finishes generally don't.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one

the JAG suppose to arrive today im checking the shipping company app every 10 minutes no updates yet i just hope they will finish customs papers by the time i finish my night shift so i can pick it up on my why home 1 1/2 hour left its a great feeling to get a new guitar .... and already aimed at my "next new" guitar
somehow Thurston's original Jazzmaster still exists and is in working order

The things I would do to own that thing...
Cry yourself to ash
and its finally home

but what does this knob do ?

Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Mar 14, 2015,
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
and its finally home

but what does this knob do ?

That's the Squier, right? That's your strangle switch - basically it cuts some of the bass out of the sound for a more piercing trebly tone.

By the way, I bought one of those a few weeks ago and from my experiences I'd say it's absolutely vital that you either make sure the action's set up and immobilise the saddle screws with LocTite threadlocker, or replace the saddles/bridge with those of a Mustang. I thought I'd be able to cope without, and tried to for a couple weeks but eventually I went with the LocTite until such a time as I can afford the Mustang saddles because you get lots of unwanted buzzing and self-lowering action if the standard saddles are just left alone. It's also much easier to do action adjustment solely with the allen key screws in the bridge posts. I'd also strongly recommend strings of at least 11-49 gauge if you didn't know already, because they really improve the tuning stability and general functionality of the tremolo. Might be that you already know all that, but I figured I'd just save you some trouble from my own experience of the first three weeks or so owning a Jag.

By the way, for the general benefit of anyone new to offsets, possibly even something to stick in the OP if the long-time offset owners agree, these articles (1, 2, 3 and 4) really helped me get to grips with the eccentricities of the Fender offsets, and I think they could be really useful for anyone thinking about buying a Jag or JM.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 15, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's the Squier, right? That's your strangle switch - basically it cuts some of the bass out of the sound for a more piercing trebly tone.

By the way, I bought one of those a few weeks ago and from my experiences I'd say it's absolutely vital that you either make sure the action's set up and immobilise the saddle screws with LocTite threadlocker, or replace the saddles/bridge with those of a Mustang. I thought I'd be able to cope without, and tried to for a couple weeks but eventually I went with the LocTite until such a time as I can afford the Mustang saddles because you get lots of unwanted buzzing and self-lowering action if the standard saddles are just left alone. It's also much easier to do action adjustment solely with the allen key screws in the bridge posts. I'd also strongly recommend strings of at least 11-49 gauge if you didn't know already, because they really improve the tuning stability and general functionality of the tremolo. Might be that you already know all that, but I figured I'd just save you some trouble from my own experience of the first three weeks or so owning a Jag.

By the way, for the general benefit of anyone new to offsets, possibly even something to stick in the OP if the long-time offset owners agree, these articles (1, 2, 3 and 4) really helped me get to grips with the eccentricities of the Fender offsets, and I think they could be really useful for anyone thinking about buying a Jag or JM.

thanks man ....

yep i left it in the shop today for the set up string change and cleaning

every guitar i own have the daddario Coated Nickel "10" on them but im trying an 11 gauge for the jaguar and for the bridge im waiting for a new shop to open in about 11 days they have all kind of bridges pick up guards.... etc ( and thats the first shop here that comes with these accessories i mean finally some one though that we need something other than yamaha guitars ) instead of ordering one and pay & wait for the shipping

Those USA-made Reverends have held/appreciated in value. It's rare to see them under $1000.

Part of that is quality- they're VERY well made.

Part of that is rarity. Many models were done in runs of less than 50.

Then there's the crazy factor!

Here's one that is sitting in my eBay watch list, waiting to be relisted.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Reverend-Rocco-Lava-Swirl-1971-/291399162581?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=twvPwMFfNMVfJopKoyDvn%252Fjv%252FRQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 17, 2015,
so this is what happen when you use the mirror effect on a jazzmaster picture good or bad ? never mind the headstock

Don't like the headstock with that body, and probably too many switches...but...not bad, overall.

It could be worse... Hypothetically speaking.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Don't like the headstock with that body, and probably too many switches...but...not bad, overall.

this is all what i can do with my great skills using "paint"
Here is a picture that proves Reverend is trying to commit dannycide:

That man is playing what is being called a Club King 290...but it is CLEARLY also a 12-string! Either they simply made him a custom, or that could be a major hint for what may be available later this year.

Personally, I'm hoping it is the latter...and that there will be a RevTron version available as well. Regardless, my heart is a-pounding right now!

Edit: ...and I just found out that Reverend has at least one 12-string model in the 2nd prototype stage.

Yay

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 21, 2015,

How do people feel about this badboy? It's a MIM, FSR (150 of them apparently) and probably vastly overpriced since it's produced as the guitarist from L'arc~en~Ciel's signature model and getting it thus involves importing it from Japan, whither it'd already been imported from Mexico...

Anyway, I just thought all things considered, it looks the part and then some, though clearly I can't vouch for anything else. My point is, block inlays on Jags are everything to me...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Looks like a pretty Jaguar, I guess. What makes it different from the CP besides the paintjob?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Looks like a pretty Jaguar, I guess. What makes it different from the CP besides the paintjob?

Well, first of all there's the
absolutely nothing

In more interesting news (for me and me alone), I just stopped putting it off on financial grounds and put Mustang saddles on my Squier Jag... The difference is night and day.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 31, 2015,
I want a daphne blue mustang with a tortoise shell pickguard.

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Not gonna lie, I've never really been a fan of tortoiseshell myself, but it's a good combo to be sure.

I'm kinda appealing for help again here; when I play my Jag for a while the bridge always seems to end up tilting fully back with the low E buzzing on the edge of the tray and everything (understandably) a ways out of tune. Shoving the bridge back forward and giving a few tugs and pushes on the tremolo settles it back in place alright, but obviously it's not really a great issue to have to deal with constantly. Does anyone know why this'd be happening? More likely to be my right hand technique or break angle or...?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by JustRooster

Blocks and Binding, too.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi

My brother just walked past while I was looking at that and commented "That's a nice guitar" so I guess there's your verdict. I think I agree with him, which helps.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Setup question: I keep having the bridge creep back, and I'm wondering it's because I had to put the saddles pretty far back to intonate with the bridge fully upright, so the downward pressure is mostly over the back-end of the bridge; if I rock the bridge back a tad and intonate it with the saddles more or less over the centre of the bridge is that likely to get it staying in place better?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I want a Supersonic

I know they are ugly as sin, but there is something cool about them.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Vampire_State
I know they are ugly as sin, but there is something cool about them.

I'm conflicted. It's like a kink that you know is sketchy as hell but still gets you going.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'm conflicted. It's like a kink that you know is sketchy as hell but still gets you going.

Coincidentally how I feel about the Cyclone
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Vampire_State
Coincidentally how I feel about the Cyclone

Not gonna lie, for one reason or another that doesn't really offend me; I actually really like that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22