i suck really and im sick of it. i can play bits and pieces of songs etc but on electric you can hear the difference big time. where should i start with lessons for electric??what do you need to learn first? im a hack and i hate it..electric just seems to magnify my short comings..help
DONT BE A DICK
electric is not harder to learn on then acouastic. iam learing on electric and i find it better.
go to justin guitar he has lesson just follow them there is a beginner course start off with stage 1 chords and work our way up there are beginner songs with just 2 and 3 chords learn them and work your way up
personally I have a way tougher time with acoustic than electric. practice makes perfect. obviously playing through an amp can really show your weakpoints but that can be to your favor. practice what you suck at. try playing not plugged in till you feel you have it down then plug in.
That seems very weird. Most people have the tendency to find acoustic guitar way harder because you have to press the strings harder.

Maybe you could give us a more detailled description of your problem. What does it exactly sound like? What is wrong?
You aren't alone, I have exactly the same problem. After arm wrestling with 13-56 strings on an acoustic for about half a century I find the delicate control needed for electrics really difficult. I think a significant part of the answer is to treat them as essentially different instruments that just happen to be tuned the same way.
It could be that you need to spend more time practicing your left/right hand muting technique, unwanted strings ringing out can really be a bother.
Whatever you're not used to is harder. You probably just need to work on your muting to get rid of unwanted string noise, and just keep practicing until you get the feel for it.
I'm just gonna copy + paste what I wrote in another thread a few days ago.

The thing about it is that in a lot of ways an acoustic guitar and electric guitars are almost two different instruments in terms of many aspects of technique. Things that work well on one might not work as well or may work completely differently on the other.

Think of it as being like the difference between a piano and organ. Even though they should theoretically be played the same way (you just press down keys, right?) in practice this is not the case due to differences in many things such as sustain, dynamic responsiveness, and timbre which require the two to be approached quite differently.

In many ways, these differences are mirrored with acoustic and electric guitar, with the acoustic being analogous to the piano and the electric to the organ. Piano and acoustic sustain a lot less, are more dynamically responsive to your attack (how hard you hit them), and have a harmonically simpler timbre than electric guitar and organ.

These differences mean that the acoustic and piano must keep moving or the sound fades out (as compared to far longer sustain of electrics and organs), but on the other hand they can play more complex chords without sounding messy (particularly compared to distorted electric guitars). On the flip side, this means that it takes more notes and bigger chords to fill out the sound. The electric guitar, due to it's increased level of dynamic compression (again, especially when distorted), does not require such a right hand attack.

Another thing to consider is that acoustic guitars tend to have heavier string gauges (which means physically more string to move and higher tension) as well as slightly higher action to prevent buzzing that results from hitting harder. These factors result in the acoustic guitar being physical more difficult to play, especially at higher speeds.

Those are all some different things to consider.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.