Page 1 of 9
Heya Pit. The Film Thread just made its 2014 edition of the top 50 movies of all time. Due to ties, it became a Top 56. Each participating user ( 22 users participated this year ) submitted his private top 50. The punctuation was:

1: 8pts
2-5: 7pts
6-10: 6pts
11-20: 5pts
21-30: 4pts
31-40: 3pts
41-50: 2pts

The following list contains the final results. After that, you'll be able to see more detailed info about these 56 movies, and after that, you can check each person's list.

NOTE: I'm sorry for altering ( some ) titles of your lists, but I turned some of them to their original title 'cause it would help me to keep it organized in Excel. If you want me to put the English titles, I won't mind.

1	Fargo
2 No Country For Old Men
3 Her
4 Inglourious Basterds
5 2001: A Space Odyssey
Taxi Driver
7 Drive
El Laberinto Del Fauno
Jurassic Park
There Will Be Blood
11 Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
12 The Raid
13 The Godfather
The Lego Movie
15 Apocalypse Now
16 Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
Persona
The Shining
19 Lost in Translation
The Silence Of The Lambs
21 Back to the Future
The Grand Budapest Hotel
23 M
Magnolia
Short Term 12
The Departed
27 Do The Right Thing
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
29 Alien
Network
Raging Bull
32 Hot Fuzz
Jaws
Raising Arizona
The Raid 2: Berandal
36 City Lights
Donnie Darko
Living In Oblivion
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Only God Forgives
Smultronstället
42 Barton Fink
Inception
La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
Ladri di biciclette/The Bicycle Thieves | Vittorio De Sica | 1948
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Synecdoche, New York
Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux
49 Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Moonrise Kingdom
Mulholland Dr.
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
The Big Lebowski
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Thing (1982)
The Tree Of Life

#49: The Tree Of Life (2011) – 17pts
by Terrence Malick

“The story of a family in Waco, Texas in 1956. The eldest son witnesses the loss of innocence and struggles with his parents' conflicting teachings.”

( #7 ali.guitarkid7; #15 andyscoot; #30 uhh_me?; #46 BelowTheSun )

#49: The Thing (1982) – 17pts
by John Carpenter

“Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.”

( #19 whywefight, #20 homeless-john, #39 steve_muse, #41 Dreadnought, #43 Deadsmileyface )

#49: The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004) – 17pts
By Wes Anderson

“With a plan to exact revenge on a mythical shark that killed his partner, oceanographer Steve Zissou rallies a crew that includes his estranged wife, a journalist, and a man who may or may not be his son.”

( #10 Dreadnought, #17 bradulator, #30 BelowTheSun, #43 uhh_me? )

#49 The Big Lebowski (1998) – 17pts
by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen

“"The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.”

( #1 steve_muse, #20 bradulator, #23 ThrashUnleashed )

#49: Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (2001) – 17pts
by Hayao Miyazaki

“In the middle of her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and monsters; where humans are changed into beasts.”

( #3 WCPhils, #10 uhh_me?, #23 Vitor_vdp )

#49: Mulholland Dr. (2001) – 17pts
by David Lynch

“After a car wreck on the winding Mulholland Drive renders a woman amnesiac, she and a perky Hollywood-hopeful search for clues and answers across Los Angeles in a twisting venture beyond dreams and reality.”

( #6 lolmnt, #9 steve_muse, #14 ali.guitarkid7 )

#49: Moonrise Kingdom (2012) – 17pts
by Wes Anderson

“A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out to find them.”

( #2 WCPhils, #34 Dreadnought, #35 Duffman123, #43 steve_muse, #48 cornmancer )

#49: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) – 17pts
by Stanley Kubrick

“An insane general triggers a path to nuclear holocaust that a war room full of politicians and generals frantically try to stop.”

( #2 Duffman123, #10 whywefight, #30 bradulator )

#42: Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux (1962) – 18pts
by Jean-Luc Godard

“Twelve episodic tales in the life of a Parisian woman and her slow descent into prostitution.”

( #3 ali.guitarkid7, #8 Bob_Sacamano, #39 Duffman123, #48 Deadsmileyface )

#42: Synecdoche, New York (2008) – 18pts
by Charlie Kaufman

“A theatre director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he creates a life-size replica of New York City inside a warehouse as part of his new play.”

( #1 Deadsmileyface, #29 ali.guitarkid7, #34 uhh_me?, #38 Baby Joel )
#42: Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981) – 18pts
by Steven Spielberg

“Archeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the US government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.”

( #1 cornmancer, #12 WCPhils, #38 BelowTheSun, #42 uhh_me? )

#42: Ladri Di Biciclette (1948) – 18pts
by Vittorio De Sica

“A man and his son search for a stolen bicycle vital for his job.”

( #3 uhh_me?, #4 bradulator, #22 lolmnt )

#42: La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc (1928) – 18pts
by Carl Theodor Dreyer

“A chronicle of the trial of Jeanne d'Arc on charges of heresy, and the efforts of her ecclesiastical jurists to force Jeanne to recant her claims of holy visions.”

( #14 andyscoot, #16 ali.guitarkid7, #21 Duffman123, #28 lolmnt )

#42 Inception (2010) – 18pts
by Christopher Nolan

“A thief who steals corporate secrets through use of dream-sharing technology is given the inverse task of planting an idea into the mind of a CEO.”

( #13 padgea7x, #34 Baby Joel, #34 whywefight, #35 Dreadnought, #41 seventh_angel, #47 WCPhils )

#42: Barton Fink (1991) – 18pts

“A renowned New York playwright is enticed to California to write for the movies and discovers the hellish truth of Hollywood.”

( #2 ali.guitarkid7, #9 Bob_Sacamano, #19 cornmancer )

#36: Smultronstället (1957) – 19pts
by Ingmar Bergman

“After living a life marked by coldness, an aging professor is forced to confront the emptiness of his existence.”

( #12 Duffman123, #13 uhh_me?, #14 lolmnt, #29 BelowTheSun )

#36: Only God Forgives (2013) – 19pts
by Nicolas Winding Refn

“Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok's criminal underworld, sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother's recent death.”

( #4 steve_muse, #19 ali.guitarkid7, #26 cornmancer, #40 Baby Joel )

#36: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) – 19pts
by Terry Gilliam & Terry Jones

“King Arthur and his knights embark on a low-budget search for the Grail, encountering many very silly obstacles.”

( #8 WCPhils, #11 ThrashUnleashed, #13 whywefight, #32 padgea7x )

#36: Living In Oblivion (1995) – 19pts
by Tom DiCillo

“One day on the set of a long-suffering director's no-budget independent film, as he deals with his crew's, and his own, tribulations.”

( #2 Cadj, #9 Vitor_vdp, #30 Bob_Sacamano, #44 ali.guitarkid7 )

#36: Donnie Darko (2001) – 19pts
by Richard Kelly

“A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident.”

( #5 Deadsmileyface, #19 seventh_angel, #28 Vitor_vdp, #32 Baby Joel )
#36: City Lights (1931) – 19pts
by Charlie Chaplin

“With the aid of a wealthy erratic tippler, a dewy-eyed tramp, who has fallen in love with a sightless flower girl, accumulates money to be able to help her medically.”

( #5 lolmnt, #13 andyscoot, #13 Vitor_vdp, #48 Bob_Sacamano )

#32: The Raid 2: Berandal (2014) – 20pts
by Gareth Evans

“Only a short time after the first raid, Rama goes undercover with the thugs of Jakarta and plans to bring down the syndicate and uncover the corruption within his police force.”

( #16 Bob_Sacamano, #22 GuitarGod_92, #31 steve_muse, #37 ali.guitarkid7, #40 WCPhils, #50 Cadj )

#32: Raising Arizona (1987) – 20pts

“When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family's quintupelets, their lives get more complicated than they anticipated.”

( #7 Cadj, #8 bradulator, #18 steve_muse, #36 Bob_Sacamano )

#32: Jaws (1975) – 20pts
by Steven Spielberg

“When a gigantic great white shark begins to menace the small island community of Amity, a police chief, a marine scientist and grizzled fisherman set out to stop it.”

( #7 BelowTheSun, #12 lolmnt, #17 WCPhils, #30 cornmancer )

#32: Hot Fuzz (2007) – 20pts
by Edgar Wright

“Exceptional London cop Nicholas Angel is involuntarily transferred to a quaint English village and paired with a witless new partner. While on the beat, Nicholas suspects a sinister conspiracy is afoot with the residents.”

( #8 steve_muse, #20 WCPhils, #25 whywefight, #36 ThrashUnleashed, #47 homeless-john )

#29: Raging Bull (1980) – 21pts
by Martin Scorsese

“An emotionally self-destructive boxer's journey through life, as the violence and temper that leads him to the top in the ring, destroys his life outside it.”

( #1 andyscoot, #7 Baby Joel, #16 Duffman123, #45 ThrashUnleashed )

#29: Network (1976) – 21pts
by Sidney Lumet

“A television network cynically exploits a deranged former anchor's ravings and revelations about the news media for its own profit.”

( #10 andyscoot, #15 Cadj, #18 lolmnt, #35 ali.guitarkid7, #50 steve_muse )

#29: Alien (1979) – 21pts
by Ridley Scott

“The commercial vessel Nostromo receives a distress call from an unexplored planet. After searching for survivors, the crew heads home only to realize that a deadly bioform has joined them.”

( #13 homeless-john, #14 BelowTheSun, #27 Bob_Sacamano, #29 cornmancer, #31 WCPhils )

#27: Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) – 22pts
by Irvin Kershner

“After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.”

( #5 BelowTheSun, #11 Cadj, #12 homeless-john, #18 whywefight )

#27: Do The Right Thing (1989) – 22pts
by Spike Lee

“On the hottest day of the year on a street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, everyone's hate and bigotry smolders and builds until it explodes into violence.”

( #5 Baby Joel, #10 Bob_Sacamano, #24 ali.guitarkid7, #32 lolmnt, #48 uhh_me? )
#23: The Departed (2006) – 23pts
by Martin Scorsese

“An undercover state cop who has infiltrated an Irish gang, and a mole in the police force working for the same mob, race to track down and identify each other before being exposed to the enemy, after both sides realize their outfit has a rat.”

( #4 Thrash Unleashed, #12 whywefight, #28 steve_muse, #35 WCPhils, #43 padgea7x, #44 BelowTheSun )

#23: Short Term 12 (2013) – 23pts
by Destin Daniel Cretton

“A 20-something supervising staff member of a residential treatment facility navigates the troubled waters of that world alongside her co-worker and longtime boyfriend.”

( #3 Baby Joel, #4 BelowTheSun, #4 Bob_Sacamano, #43 ali.guitarkid7 )

#23: Magnolia (1999) – 23pts
by Paul Thomas Anderson

“An epic mosaic of interrelated characters in search of love, forgiveness, and meaning in the San Fernando Valley.”

( #1 Bob_Sacamano, #6 ali.guitarkid7, #18 Vitor_vdp, #22 seventh_angel )

#23: M (1931) – 23pts
by Fritz Lang

“When the police in a German city are unable to catch a child-murderer, other criminals join in the manhunt.”

( #12 cornmancer, #15 bradulator, #21 andyscoot, #27 lolmnt, #31 uhh_me?, #41 Bob_Sacamano )

#21: The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) – 24pts
by Wes Anderson

“The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous hotel from the fictional Republic of Zubrowka between the first and second World Wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.”

( #5 Dreadnought, #7 ThrashUnleashed, #10 padgea7x, #33 steve_muse, #42 WCPhils )

#21: Back To The Future (1985) – 24pts
by Robert Zemeckis

“A young man is accidentally sent 30 years into the past in a time-traveling DeLorean invented by his friend, Dr. Emmett Brown, and must make sure his high-school-age parents unite in order to save his own existence.”

( #1 Cadj, #2 bradulator, #6 WCPhils, #31 ThrashUnleashed )

#19: The Silence Of The Lambs (1991) – 25pts
by Jonathan Demme

“A young F.B.I. cadet must confide in an incarcerated and manipulative killer to receive his help on catching another serial killer who skins his victims.”

( #3 ThrashUnleashed, #15 BelowTheSun, #20 whywefight, #25 andyscoot, #26 Baby Joel )

#19: Lost In Translation (2003) – 25pts
by Sofia Coppola

“A faded movie star and a neglected young woman form an unlikely bond after crossing paths in Tokyo.”

( #5 Baby Joel, #13 Deadsmileyface, #15 ThrashUnleashed, #23 Bob_Sacamano, #28 ali.guitarkid7 )

#16: The Shining (1980) – 26pts
by Stanley Kubrick

“A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.”

( #7 steve_muse, #15 whywefight, #19 Baby Joel, #26 lolmnt, #38 ThrashUnleashed, #39 padgea7x )

#16: Persona (1966) – 26pts
by Ingmar Bergman

“A nurse is put in charge of an actress who can't talk and finds that the actress's persona is melding with hers.”

( #1 ali.guitarkid7, #7 uhh_me?, #13 BelowTheSun, #13 Bob_Sacamano, #46 andyscoot )
#16: Il Buono, Il Brutto, It Cattivo. (1966) – 26pts
by Sergio Leone

“A bounty hunting scam joins two men in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery.”

( #4 padgea7x, #9 bradulator, #14 homeless-john, #18 ali.guitarkid7, #33 whywefight )

#15: Apocalypse Now (1979) – 27pts
by Francis Ford Coppola

“During the Vietnam War, Captain Willard is sent on a dangerous mission into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade colonel who has set himself up as a god among a local tribe.”

( #11 Bob_Sacamano, #13 steve_muse, #15 Baby Joel, #21 ali.guitarkid7, #23 WCPhils, #24 cornmancer )

#13: The Lego Movie (2014) – 29pts
by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller

“An ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied 'Special', is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis.”

( #14 Baby Joel, #14 Bob_Sacamano, #14 steve_muse, #17 ThrashUnleashed, #30 ali.guitarkid7, #39 GuitarGod_92, #43 Dreadnought )

#13: The Godfather (1972) – 29pts
by Francis Ford Coppola

“The aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.”

( #1 whywefight, #4 WCPhils, #6 andyscoot, #21 lolmnt, #21 BelowTheSun )

#12: The Raid (2011) – 30pts
by Gareth Evans

“A S.W.A.T. team becomes trapped in a tenement run by a ruthless mobster and his army of killers and thugs.”

( #2 steve_muse, #10 GuitarGod_92, #16 WCPhils, #20 BelowTheSun, #23 Baby Joel, #40 homeless-john )

#11: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (2004) – 31pts
by Michel Gondry

“When their relationship turns sour, a couple undergoes a procedure to have each other erased from their memories. But it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.”

( #2 Baby Joel, #10 cornmancer, #15 padgea7x, #15 seventh_angel, #18 ThrashUnleashed, #38 Bob_Sacamano )

#7: There Will Be Blood (2007) – 34pts
by Paul Thomas Anderson

“A story of family, religion, hatred, oil and madness, focusing on a turn-of-the-century prospector in the early days of the business.”

( #2 BelowTheSun, #2 andyscoot, #11 cornmancer, #22 bradulator, #27 WCPhils, #28 Duffman123, #35 lolmnt )

#7: Jurassic Park (1993) – 34pts
by Steven Spielberg

“During a preview tour, a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows its cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok.”

( #1 BelowTheSun, #1 Vitor_vdp, #9 ThrashUnleashed, #25 WCPhils, #36 whywefight, #39 lolmnt, #45 GuitarGod_92 )

#7: El Laberinto Del Fauno (2006) – 34pts
by Guillermo del Toro

“In the falangist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.”

( #3 whywefight, #5 WCPhils, #11 BelowTheSun, #17 Baby Joel, #17 cornmancer, #31 Dreadnought, #48 GuitarGod_92 )

#7: Drive (2011) – 34pts
by Nicolas Winding Refn

“A mysterious Hollywood stuntman, mechanic and getaway driver lands himself in trouble when he helps out his neighbor.”

( #4 Vitor_vdp, #9 Dreadnought, #12 ThrashUnleashed, #16 padgea7x, #23 BelowTheSun, #23 cornmancer, #40 steve_muse )
#5: Taxi Driver (1976) – 36pts
by Martin Scorsese

“A mentally unstable Vietnam war veteran works as a night-time taxi driver in New York City where the perceived decadence and sleaze feeds his urge for violent action, attempting to save a preadolescent prostitute in the process.”

( #3 andyscoot, #4 cornmancer, #5 ali.guitarkid7, #6 Bob_Sacamano, #12 Baby Joel, #23 padgea7x )

#5: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) – 36pts
by Stanley Kubrick

“Humanity finds a mysterious, obviously artificial, object buried beneath the Lunar surface and, with the intelligent computer H.A.L. 9000, sets off on a quest.”

( #3 Bob_Sacamano, #3 Vitor_vdp, #8 andyscoot, #13 Baby Joel, #22 steve_muse, #30 WCPhils, #40 bradulator )

#4: Inglourious Basterds (2009) – 41pts
by Quentin Tarantino

“In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a plan to assassinate Nazi leaders by a group of Jewish U.S. soldiers coincides with a theatre owner's vengeful plans for the same.”

( #1 WCPhils, #2 ThrashUnleashed, #4 whywefight, #7 Vitor_vdp, #16 bradulator, #29 padgea7x, #47 lolmnt, #48 ali.guitarkid7 )

#3: Her (2013) – 46pts
by Spike Jonze

“A lonely writer develops an unlikely relationship with his newly purchased operating system that's designed to meet his every need.”

( #5 seventh_angel, #5 GuitarGod_92, #6 BelowTheSun, #6 Baby Joel, #8 padgea7x, #8 cornmancer, #12 ali.guitarkid7, #35 Bob_Sacamano )

#2: No Country For Old Men (2007) – 49pts
by Ethan Coen & Joel Coen

“Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon a drug deal gone wrong and more than two million dollars in cash near the Rio Grande.”

( #1 bradulator, #2 lolmnt, #5 ThrashUnleashed, #6 cornmancer, #8 BelowTheSun, #10 WCPhils, #17 whywefight, #21 padgea7x )

#1: Fargo (1996) – 54pts

“Jerry Lundegaard's inept crime falls apart due to his and his henchmen's bungling and the persistent police work of the quite pregnant Marge Gunderson.”

( #1 uhh_me?, #3 lolmnt, #4 homeless-john, #7 WCPhils, #8 Baby Joel, #13 ThrashUnleashed, #18 andyscoot, #28 bradulator, #41 padgea7x, #43 BelowTheSun, #45 Cadj )
Wow this is poppin so far, refusing to look at the complete one yet

Everyone I voted on Ali did with me
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I noticed the first few and was like "AHHH!" but I quickly realized my mistake.

I'm super glad Bicycle Thieves is there. But Only God Forgives? Inception? Donnie Darko? lol
I really like Donnie Darko lol and Inception

I really hate Only God Forgives
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Under Do the Right Thing: '#24 Do The Right Thing'

Is that right? Lol. It's funny to see the individual placement on The Empire Strikes Back. No one who voted for it put it over #20
Quote by whywefight

Is that right? Lol. It's funny to see the individual placement on The Empire Strikes Back. No one who voted for it put it over #20

they all put it over 20 though

as in, higher on the list than 20

And damn, I completely forgot about Do The Right Thing when making mine
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 21, 2014,
Quote by WCPhils
they all put it over 20 though

as in, higher on the list than 20

And damn, I completely forgot about Do The Right Thing when making mine

yeah I just meant numerically
Quote by seventh_angel

1 Fargo
2 No Country For Old Men
3 Her
4 Inglourious Basterds
5 2001: A Space Odyssey
Taxi Driver
7 Drive
El Laberinto Del Fauno
Jurassic Park
There Will Be Blood
11 Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
12 The Raid
13 The Godfather
The Lego Movie
15 Apocalypse Now
16 Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
Persona
The Shining
19 Lost in Translation
The Silence Of The Lambs
21 Back to the Future
The Grand Budapest Hotel
23 M
Magnolia
Short Term 12
The Departed
27 Do The Right Thing
Star Wars: Episode V - Empire Strikes Back
29 Alien
Network
Raging Bull
32 Hot Fuzz
Jaws
Raising Arizona
The Raid 2: Berandal
36 City Lights
Donnie Darko
Living In Oblivion
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Only God Forgives
Smultronstället
42 Barton Fink
Inception
La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
Ladri di biciclette/The Bicycle Thieves | Vittorio De Sica | 1948
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Synecdoche, New York
Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux
49 Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Moonrise Kingdom
Mulholland Dr.
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
The Big Lebowski
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Thing (1982)
The Tree Of Life

Fargo is surprising. I like it, but I put a lot of Coen movies on my list, and Fargo was not there.
NCFOM is duh.
Inglorious is surprisingly high and that's just ugh, ut whatever. I can live with it.
Taxi Driver is surprisingly low. Wonder how long till TWBB shows up.
Pan's Labyrinth and Jurassic Park being so high makes me happy. I didn't put Jurassic Park on my list, but I kinda feel like I should have, but I also feel like
I can't think of a movie I'd to remove for it.
I really need to see The Raid. I know I'd love it.
I love that The Godfather is tied with the Lego Movie even though I wouldn't put the Lego Movie on my list in 1000000 years. Good shit, but no way is list material.
I need to see Lost in Translation.
I need to rewatch BTTF.
I NEED to see Grand Budapest Hotel.
M is higher than I expected, especially since it took such a huge fall in my list (mostly because it's been a while since I've seen it and I was more excited about other stuff), but still too low.
I need to see Short Term 12.
We chose the wrong Star Wars.
**** yeah Alien.
Oh wow The Raid 2 is here too.
Boo Donnie Darko. Overhyped.
Barton Fink is too low.
Raiders is DEFINITELY too low.
I'm glad The Thing made it. It just barely missed the cut for my list (I think. I can't recall now).

More surprising a list than the previous two I think. It's hard to top NCFOM getting #2 or 3 last year, but still very surprising. Wish there were quotes, wish it was a slow burn of the list slowly being revealed, but mad love and respect to Seventh for doing it. If I want to complain about that, I should run it next year. Props to him for getting us organized.

Speaking of getting us organized, I've been thinking more about the Film Thread blog. Gonna start making plans for that. Should be fun. PM me if you have ideas too.

edit: Also, lots of ties this year. I wonder if the same lists went through the preious voting systems if we'd still ahve that. I'll probably test that.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 21, 2014,
fargo is my favorite movie. no country for old men is essentially the same movie.

l8r
i don't know why i feel so dry
I'd be fascinated to see a version of the list where people were allowed to negative vote for five films. It would have had to be done sight unseen and submitted along with your list.
Quote by whywefight

Thanks for pointing this out

GUYS GUYS, LET ME MAKE WAY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL LISTS SLOTS 'KAY ?
Can someone please explain the Lego Movie to me? Because I don't get it. I liked it, but I don't even think it would crack my top 15 animated films.
Dreadnought

1	Prince Avalanche
2	What Dreams May Come
3	Gravity
4	The Fountain
5	The Grand Budapest Hotel
6	Interstellar
7	Black Hawk Down
8	The Great Gatsby (2013)
9	Drive
10	The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
11	50/50
12	Celeste and Jesse Forever
13	The Kings of Summer
14	Four Lions
15	Romeo and Juliet (1968)
16	Zero Dark Thirty
17	Nordwand
18	Solaris (2002)
19	Cloud Atlas
20	The Longest Day
21	Fantastic Mr. Fox
22	The Boondock Saints
23	The Darjeeling Limited
24	Life of Pi
25	The Wall (2013)
26	Lone Survivor
27	(500) Days of Summer
28	Mononoke Hime
29	Forgetting Sarah Marshall
30	Event Horizon
31	El Laberinto Del Fauno
32	Cool Hand Luke
33	Meet Joe Black
34	Moonrise Kingdom
35	Inception
36	Rosemary’s Baby
37	Blade Runner
38	You’re Next
39	Europa Report
40	The Babadook
41	The Thing (1982)
42	Moon
43	The Lego Movie
44	Platoon
45	Snowpiercer
46	Once
47	300
48	Requiem for a Dream
49	The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)
50	Little Miss Sunshine

Deadsmileyface

1	Synecdoche New York
2	Brazil
3	Lost Highway
4	Eyes Wide Shut
5	Donnie Darko
6	Eraserhead
7	Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
8	Metropolis,
9	Natural Born Killers
10	Trainspotting
11	The Decline of Western Civilization
12	Nosferatu
13	Lost in Translation
14	A Clockwork Orange
15	Gummo
16	Les Quatre Cents Coups
17	Full Metal Jacket
18	Being John Malkovich
19	Non Si Deve Profanare Il Sonno Dei Morti
20	Begotten
21	Dazed and Confused
22	They Live
23	The Devil Rides Out
24	Lucifer Rising
25	Psycho
26	1991: The Year Punk Broke
27	Hexen Bis Aufs Blut Gequält
28	Carnival of Souls
29	Seddok, L'erede Di Satana
30	Witchfinder General
31	The Breakfast Club
32	Mallrats
33	American Psycho
34	Pulp Fiction
35	Amanti D'oltretomba
36	Silent Hill
37	Jeepers Creepers
38	The Artist
39	American Gangster
40	Gravity
41	What We Do Is Secret
42	Office Space
43	The Thing (1982)
44	Interview with the Vampire
45	The Fugitive
46	White Zombie
47	Enter the Void
48	Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux
49	Alice in Wonderland
50	Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost

padgea7x

1	Seppuku (1962)
2	In Bruges (2008)
3	3:10 to Yuma (2007)
4	Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo. (1966)
5	Tropic Thunder (2008)
6	C'era Una Volta Il West (1968)
7	Per Qualche Dollaro In Più (1965)
8	Her (2013)
9	Road to Perdition (2002)
10	The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
11	Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Roman Tan (2012)
12	Calvary (2014)
13	Inception (2010)
14	Jagten (2012)
15	Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
16	Drive (2011)
17	Filth (2013)
18	Per Un Pugno Di Dollari (1964)
19	The Room (2003)
20	Shutter Island (2010)
21	No Country for Old Men (2007)
22	Take Me Home (2011)
23	Taxi Driver (1976)
24	Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
25	Django Unchained (2012)
26	Back to the Future Part III (1990)
27	Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)
28	Locke (2013)
29	Inglourious Basterds (2009)
30	Ging Chat Goo Si (1985)
31	Lawless (2012)
32	Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
33	Nightcrawler (2014)
34	Burn After Reading (2008)
35	Bronson (2008)
36	Interstellar (2014)
37	The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
38	Fury (2014)
39	The Shining (1980)
40	Ying Xiong (2002)
41	Fargo (1996)
42	Into The Wild (2007)
43	The Departed (2006)
44	The Ox-Bow Incident (1943)
45	Jûsan-nin No Shikaku (2010)
46	Paper Moon (1973)
47	Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)
48	It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
49	Flammen & Citronen (2008)
50	Pusher (1996)

lolmnt

1	Chinatown (Roman Polanski)
2	No Country For Old Men (The Coen Brothers)
3	Fargo (The Coen Brothers)
4	The Graduate (Mike Nichols)
5	City Lights (Charlie Chaplin)
6	Mulholland Drive (David Lynch)
7	Tôkyô Monogatari (Yasujiro Ozu)
8	Tengoku To Jigoku (Akira Kurosawa)
9	À Bout De Souffle (Jean-Luc Godard)
10	Ikiru (Akira Kurosawa)
11	George Washington (David Gordon Green)
12	Jaws (Steven Spielberg)
13	Le Samourai (Jean-Pierre Melville)
14	Smultronstället (Ingmar Bergman)
15	L'Avventura (Michelangelo Antonioni)
16	Badlands (Terrence Malick)
17	Tôkyô Nagaremono (Seijun Suzuki)
18	Network (Sidney Lumet)
19	Spring Breakers (Harmony Korine)
20	Annie Hall (Woody Allen)
21	The Godfather (Francis Ford Coppola)
22	Ladri Di Biciclette (Vittorio De Sica)
23	Night of the Hunter (Charles Laughton)
24	Mud (Jeff Nichols)
25	Nuovo Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore)
26	The Shining (Stanley Kubrick)
27	M (Fritz Lang)
28	La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc (Carl Theodor Dreyer)
29	Citizen Kane (Orson Welles)
30	Groundhog Day (Harold Ramis)
31	Valhalla Rising (Nicholas Winding Refn)
32	Do the Right Thing (Spike Lee)
33	Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock)
34	Soy Cuba (Mikhail Kalatozov)
35	There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson)
36	C'era Una Volta Il West (Sergio Leone)
37	Star Wars IV: A New Hope (George Lucas)
38	Trois Couleurs: Bleu (Krzysztof Kieślowski)
39	Jurassic Park (Steven Spielberg)
40	El Topo (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
41	Les Quatre Cents Coups (Francois Truffaut)
42	Putney Swope (Robert Downey Sr.)
43	Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (Werner Herzog)
44	Fantastic Mr. Fox (Wes Anderson)
45	American Beauty (Sam Mendes)
46	Halloween (John Carpenter)
47	Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino)
48	Pi (Darren Aronofsky)
49	Lola Rennt (Tom Tykwer)
50	The French Connection (William Friedkin)

seventh_angel

1	Das Boot
2	Irreversible
3	Animal Farm
4	25th Hour
5	Her
6	Before Midnight
7	Watchmen
8	Se7en
9	Vanilla Sky
10	Blue Valentine
11	Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels
12	The Plague Dogs
13	Meet Joe Black
14	Orphée
15	Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
16	A Clockwork Orange
17	Jeux Interdits
18	In The Company Of Men
19	Donnie Darko
20	My Winnipeg
21	Wall-E
22	Magnolia
23	La Guerre Est Declarée
24	Cure
25	The Prestige
26	Vals Im Bashir
27	Perfect Sense
28	Oleanna
29	Doubt
30	Like Crazy
31	eXistenZ
32	Metropolis
33	El Angel Exterminador
34	They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
35	Memento
36	District 9
37	Jodaeiye Nader az Simin
38	Away From Her
39	Punishment Park
40	(500) Days Of Summer
41	Inception
42	2h37
43	Paths Of Glory
44	Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills
45	Sophie's Choice
46	Popiol i Diament
47	American History X
48	The Others
49	28 Days Later
50	Angel-A

Cadj

1	Back To The Future
2	Living In Oblivion
3	Vampire's Kiss
4	Tenten - Adrift In Tokyo
5	The Rock
6	Sherlock Jr.
7	Raising Arizona
8	The Producers (1968)
9	12 Angry Men (1957)
10	Sunset Boulevard
11	Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
12	Ed Wood
13	Back to the Future Part II
14	The Rocketeer
15	Network
16	The Warriors
17	Fright Night (1985)
18	Highlander
19	Die Hard
20	À Bout De Souffle
21	Road House
22	The Set-Up
23	Broadcast News
24	Bringing Out The Dead
25	Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
26	Before Sunrise
27	Clue
28	Fisshu Sutôrî
29	Hard Core Logo
30	Near Dark
31	Red Rock West
32	Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
33	Empire Records
34	Pacific Rim
35	The Making of '...And God Spoke'
36	Summer School
37	Paper Moon
38	Linda Linda Linda
39	Jackie Brown
40	Fast Five
41	Arsenic and Old Lace
42	Citizen Kane
43	Hana-bi
44	Better Off Dead...
45	Fargo
46	Con-Air
47	Memento
48	South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
49	Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
50	The Raid 2: Berandal

BelowTheSun

1	Jurassic Park
2	There Will Be Blood
3	The Master
4	Short Term 12
5	Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
6	Her
7	Jaws
8	No Country For Old Men
9	The Hurt Locker
10	Gravity
11	El Laberinto Del Fauno
12	District 9
13	Persona
14	Alien
15	The Silence Of The Lambs
16	E.T
17	The Truman Show
18	RoboCop (1987)
19	Captain America: The Winter Soldier
20	The Raid
21	The Godfather
22	Zero Dark Thirty
23	Drive
24	Shame
25	Close Encounters of the Third Kind
26	Blade Runner
27	The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
28	WALL-E
29	Smultronstället
30	The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
31	Safety Not Guaranteed
32	Pacific Rim
33	Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari
34	Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
35	Starship Troopers
36	Dredd
37	Monsters
38	Raiders Of The Lost Ark
39	Invasion Of The Body snatchers
40	Chinatown
41	The Third Man
42	Evil Dead II
43	Fargo
44	The Departed
45	On The Waterfront
46	The Tree Of Life
47	Reservoir Dogs 
48	Ghostbusters
49	Juno
50	Spider-Man 2

ThrashUnleashed

1	The Social Network
2	Inglourious Basterds
3	The Silence of the Lambs
4	The Departed 
5	No Country for Old Men
6	Goodfellas
7	The Grand Budapest Hotel
8	Ratatouille
9	Jurassic Park
10	Boyhood
11	Monty Python and the Holy Grail
12	Drive 
13	Fargo
14	Gone Girl
15	Lost in Translation
16	The Master
17	The Lego Movie
18	Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
19	Fantastic Mr. Fox
20	Oldboy
21	Snatch
22	The Wolf of Wall Street
23	The Big Lebowski
24	Kill Bill: Vol. 1
25	Nebraska
26	Se7en
27	Jagten
28	Prisoners
29	Cidade de Deus
30	Shaun of the Dead
31	Back to the Future
32	District 9
33	The Incredibles
34	In Bruges
35	American Beauty
36	Hot Fuzz
37	Toy Story
38	The Shining
39	Modern Times
40	Shame
41	Inside Llewin Davis
42	Wayne's World
43	Memento
44	Airplane!
45	Raging Bull
46	The Lion King
47	The Sixth Sense
48	Good Will Hunting
49	O Brother, Where Art Thou?
50	Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
uhh_me?

1	Fargo | Joel and Ethan Coen | 1996
2	Hiroshima Mon Amour/Hiroshima My Love | Alain Resnais | 1959
3	Ladri di biciclette/The Bicycle Thieves | Vittorio De Sica | 1948
4	L'Avventura/The Adventure | Michelangelo Antonioni | 1960
5	Stardust Memories | Woody Allen | 1980
6	La Jetée/The Jetty | Chris Marker | 1962
7	Persona | Ingmar Bergman | 1966
8	Harlan County, USA | Barbara Kopple | 1976
9	Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf | Mike Nichols | 1966
10	Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi/千と千尋の神隠し/Spirited Away | Hayao Miyazaki | 2001
11	Duck Soup | Leo McCarey | 1933
12	Heathers | Michael Lehmann | 1988
13	Smultronstället/Wild Strawberries | Ingmar Bergman | 1957
14	Suna no Onna/砂の女/Woman In The Dunes | Hiroshi Teshigahara | 1964
15	Kumonosu-jô/蜘蛛巣城/Throne of Blood | Akira Kurosawa | 1957
16	Pierrot le Fou | Jean-Luc Godard | 1965
17	Inland Empire | David Lynch | 2006
18	Dancer in the Dark | Lars Von Trier | 2000
19	Wet Hot American Summer | David Wain | 2001
20	8 1/2/Otto e mezzo | Federico Fellini | 1963
21	Groundhog Day | Harold Ramis | 1993
22	Hausu/ハウス/Hausu | Nobuhiko Obayashi | 1977
23	L'Année dernière à Marienbad/Last Year At Marienbad | Alain Resnais | 1961
24	Being There | Hal Ashby | 1979
25	Solaris/Солярис/Solaris | Andrei Tarkovsky | 1972
26	Mystery Train | Jim Jarmusch | 1989
27	El Topo | Alejandro Jodorowsky | 1970
28	The Master | PT Anderson | 2012
29	Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse | Fax Bahr, George Hickenlooper, Eleanor Coppola | 1991
30	The Tree of Life | Terrence Malick | 2011
31	M | Fritz Lang | 1931
32	Ikiru/生きる/Ikiru/To Live | Akira Kurosawa | 1952
33	Cléo de 5 à 7 | Agnès Varda | 1962
34	Synecdoche, New York | Charlie Kaufman | 2008
35	L'age d'or/The Golden Age | Luis Buñuel | 1930
36	Gummo | Harmony Korine | 1997
37	Manhattan | Woody Allen | 1979
38	Le Salaire de la peur/The Wages of Fear | Henri-Georges Clouzot | 1953
39	The Dark Crystal | Jim Henson, Frank Oz | 1982
40	Ugetsu Monogatari/雨月物語/Ugetsu | Kenji Mizoguchi | 1953
41	Time Bandits | Terry Gilliam | 1981
42	Raiders of the Lost Ark | Steven Spielberg | 1981
43	The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou | Wes Anderson | 2004
44	Orfeu Negro/Black Orpheus | Marcel Camus | 1959
45	Cet obscur objet du désir/That Obscure Object of Desire | Luis Buñuel | 1977
46	Suspiria | Dario Argento | 1977
47	North by Northwest | Alfred Hitchcock | 1959
48	Do The Right Thing | Spike Lee | 1989
49	Birdman | Alejandro González Iñárritu | 2014
50	Dogville | Lars Von Trier | 2003

homeless-john

1	RoboCop (1987)
2	Ed Wood
3	Terminator 2: Judgment Day
4	Fargo
5	Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
6	Aliens
7	Babe: Pig in the City
8	Akmareul Boatda
9	Big Fish
10	The Producers (1967)
11	The Wrestler
12	Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
13	Alien
14	Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
15	Starship Troopers
16	From Russia With Love
17	Sunshine
18	Boksuneun Naui Geot
19	Blazing Saddles
20	The Thing (1982)
21	Jackie Brown
22	The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
23	RoboCop 2
24	Groundhog Day
25	Monsters
26	Fantastic Mr. Fox
27	Ying Xiong
28	Black Dynamite
29	Day of the Dead (1985)
30	Planes, Trains & Automobiles
31	Giù La Testa
32	Heat
33	Oldboy (2003)
34	The Prestige
35	Who Framed Roger Rabbit
36	Superman II
37	They Live
38	JCVD
39	Crank: High Voltage
40	The Raid
41	The Terminator
42	Spider-Man 2
43	Before Sunset
44	Gremlins 2: The New Batch
45	Gojira: Fainaru uôzu
46	Trolljegeren
47	Hot Fuzz
48	Reservoir Dogs
49	The Fountain
50	Last Action Hero

Baby Joel

1	On the Waterfront
2	Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3	Short Term 12
4	Do The Right Thing
5	Lost in Translation
6	Her
7	Raging Bull
8	Fargo
9	Jagten
10	Melancholia
11	Good Will Hunting
12	Taxi Driver
13	2001: A Space Odyssey
14	The Lego Movie
15	Apocalypse Now
16	Toy Story 3
17	El laberinto del fauno
18	The Wrestler
19	The Shining
20	Iron Giant
21	To Kill a Mockingbird
22	Adaptation
23	The Raid
24	Before Sunset
25	Interstellar
26	Silence of the Lambs
27	Papurika
28	The Great Dictator
29	Clue
30	The Fox and the Hound
31	The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
32	Donnie Darko
33	Moon
34	Inception
35	Stranger Than Fiction
36	Akira
37	What's Up, Doc?
38	Synecdoche, New York
39	Dead Poets Society
40	Only God Forgives
41	Primer
42	Pi
43	Mononoke-hime
44	What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
45	The Dark Knight
46	Control
47	One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
48	Children of Men
49	Chicken Run
50	Wo Hu Cang Long

ali.guitarkid7

1	Persona
2	Barton Fink
3	Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux
4	Irreversible
5	Taxi Driver
6	Magnolia
7	The Tree Of Life
8	L'Année dernière à Marienbad
9	Idi I Smotri
10	Chelovek s Kino-apparatom
11	Mean Streets
12	Her
13	Trois Couleurs: Bleu
14	Mulholland Dr.
15	Stalker
16	La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
17	Le Salaire De La Peur
18	Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
19	Only God Forgives
20	Boyhood 
21	Apocalypse Now
22	The Kid (1921)
23	I Heart Huckabees
24	Do The Right Thing
25	Adaptation
26	Goodfellas
27	Le Ballon Rouge
28	Lost In Translation
29	Synecdoche, New York
30	The LEGO Movie
31	Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
32	White Dog
33	The Breakfast Club 
34	Paradise Now
35	Network
36	Happy Go-Lucky
37	The Raid 2
38	Hiroshima mon amour
39	Three Kings
40	Upstream Color 
41	Nymphomaniac
42	Revolver 
43	Short Term 12
44	Living in Oblivion
45	Nuit Et Brouillard
46	Jiao You
47	12 Angry Men
48	Inglorious Basterds
49	Night On Earth
50	Gongdong Gyeongbi Guyeok JSA

bradulator

1	No Country for Old Men (2007)
2	Back to the Future (1985)
3	Ikiru (1952)
4	Ladri di biciclette (1948)
5	Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
6	Toy Story (1995)
7	Psycho (1960)
8	Raising Arizona (1987)
9	Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (1966)
10	Vertigo (1958)
11	A Serious Man (2009)
12	The Wild Bunch (1969)
13	Sanma No Aji (1962)
14	Tenten - Adrift In Tokyo (2007)
15	M (1931)
16	Inglourious Basterds (2009)
17	The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
18	Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)
19	Le Notti di Cabiria (1957)
20	The Big Lebowski (1998)
21	Ohayô (1959)
22	There Will Be Blood (2007)
23	Batman (1966)
24	Hot Rod (2007)
25	Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
26	L'Armée des Ombres (1969)
27	Night of the Living Dead (1968)
28	Fargo (1996)
29	Banshun (1949)
30	Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
31	Les Diaboliques (1955)
32	Kiseki (2011)
33	Jackie Brown (1997)
34	Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
35	Johnny Guitar (1954)
36	Forbidden Planet (1956)
37	The Third Man (1949)
38	From Russia With Love (1962)
39	El Topo (1970)
40	2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
41	Dazed and Confused (1993)
42	Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010)
43	Hitori Musuko (1936)
44	Notorious (1946)
45	The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
46	E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
47	The Searchers (1956)
48	Prince Avalanche (2013)
49	Los Olvidados (1950)
50	Biruma no Tategoto (1956)

Bob_Sacamano

1	Magnolia
2	Before Midnight
3	2001: A Space Odyssey
4	Short Term 12
5	Valhalla Rising
6	Taxi Driver
7	Birdman (or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
8	Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux
9	Barton Fink
10	Do The Right Thing
11	Apocalypse Now
12	Tonari no Totoro
13	Persona
14	The Lego Movie
15	Akira
16	The Raid 2: Berendal
17	Shame
18	Gates of Heaven
19	Paris, Texas
20	Hard Eight
21	Blade Runner
22	Chung Hing Sam Lam
23	Lost in Translation
24	Happy-Go-Lucky
25	Bronson
26	The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
27	Alien
28	Evil Dead II
29	Stardust Memories
30	Living In Oblivion
31	Prince Avalanche
32	Blue Valentine
33	Office Space
34	Enter The Void
35	Her
36	Raising Arizona
37	Submarine
38	Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
39	The Night of the Hunter
40	Under The Skin
41	M
42	Das Boot
43	Annie Hall
44	Enemy
45	George Washington
46	La Jetée
47	Dreams
48	City Lights
49	Groundhog Day
50	The Fountain

Andyscoot

1	Raging Bull
2	There Will Be Blood
3	Taxi Driver
4	The Red Shoes
5	Sweet Smell Of Success
6	The Godfather
7	Lawrence Of Arabia
8	2001: A Space Odyssey
9	Zodiac
10	Network
11	Some Like It Hot
12	Sunset Blvd.
13	City Lights
14	La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc
15	The Tree Of Life
16	Edward Scissorhands
17	It's A Wonderful Life
18	Fargo
19	Blue Valentine
20	Saturday Night Fever
21	M
22	Au Revoir Les Enfents
23	The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
24	The Place Beyond The Pines
25	The Silence Of The Lambs
26	Paths Of Glory
27	Midnight Cowboy
28	Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
29	The Graduate
30	Annie Hall
31	The Deer Hunter
32	The Social Network
33	The Pianist
34	Le Plaisir
35	All That Heaven Allows
36	Rosemary's Baby
37	This Sporting Life
38	The Best Years Of Our Lives
39	The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre
40	Brief Encounter
41	Roma Città Aperta
42	Ben-Hur
43	Nashville
44	À Bout de Souffle
45	Dao Ma Zei
46	Persona
47	The Bad And The Beautiful
48	Der Blaue Engel
49	Tess
50	Boogie Nights
Quote by uhh_me?
I'd be fascinated to see a version of the list where people were allowed to negative vote for five films. It would have had to be done sight unseen and submitted along with your list.

Would I be allowed to throw all 5 behind inception?
Quote by WCPhils
Can someone please explain the Lego Movie to me? Because I don't get it. I liked it, but I don't even think it would crack my top 15 animated films.

It's the perfect combination of innocence and love and emotion and unexpected but super fitting post-modernism and legit hilarity. It's super honest and fearless and is pretty unrelenting in all of the above for the entire thing and everything about it is love
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by uhh_me?

This is a good idea for next year that seems like a more easy alternative to the up/downvote idea that seventh had.
Spirited Away
The Incredibles
The Iron Giant
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 3
Wall-E
Princess Mononoke
Finding Nemo
My Neighbor Totoro
The Lion King
How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story
Mulan
Ratatouille
Up

I was right. Not even top 15 worthy, and I'm probably forgetting stuff.

smh
steve_muse

1	The Big Lebowski
2	The Raid 
3	Du Levande
4	Only God Forgives
5	The Darjeeling Limited
6	Sightseers
7	The Shining
8	Hot Fuzz
9	Mulholland Dr.
10	Papurika
11	Hauru No Ugoku Shiro
12	[Rec]²
13	Apocalypse Now 
14	The Lego Movie 
15	Blade Runner 
16	If....
17	The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
18	Raising Arizona 
19	Kill List 
20	The School of Rock
21	Cœurs
22	2001: A Space Odyssey
23	The Machinist 
24	Chopper 
25	Trainspotting
26	Punch-Drunk Love
27	Memento 
28	The Departed 
29	Rear Window 
30	Sleepy Hollow 
31	The Raid 2: Berendal
32	Year of the Dog
33	The Grand Budapest Hotel 
34	5x2
35	V for Vendetta 
36	Holy Motors 
37	Adaptation.
38	The War of the Roses
39	The Thing
40	Drive 
41	The King of Comedy 
42	Il Conformista
43	Moonrise Kingdom 
44	Bronson
45	As Good as it Gets 
46	Midnight in Paris 
47	Secretary
48	Date Night 
49	A Serious Man 
50	Network

GuitarGod_92

1	Oldeuboi (2004)
2	Akmareul Boatda
3	Pacific Rim
4	You’re Next
5	Her
6	V/H/S
7	Pitch Black
8	Dog Soldiers
9	Chugyeogja
10	The Raid
11	Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
12	Chronicle
13	The Purge: Anarchy
14	Dodookdeul
15	Creep (2004)
16	Riddick
17	The Sacrament
18	Under the Skin
19	Captain America: The Winter Soldier
20	Bunraku
21	The Guest (2014)
22	The Raid 2: Berendal
23	Død snø 2
24	Chernobyl Diaries 
25	Stretch
26	Død snø
27	Afflicted
28	Batoru Rowaiaru
29	A Scanner Darkly
30	Grave Encounters
31	Hold that Ghost
32	Nana (2005)
33	The Cabin in the Woods
34	Vanishing on 7th Street
35	The Watch (2012)
36	Jeepers Creepers
37	Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
38	V for Vendetta
39	The Lego Movie
40	Waterboys (2001)
41	Wan-deuk-i
42	Trolljegeren
43	Edge of Tomorrow
44	The Descent
45	Jurassic Park 
46	The Signal (2007)
47	Tremors
48	El laberinto del fauno
49	The Shrine
50	Darkness Falls

cornmancer

1	Raiders of the Lost Ark
2	Inside Llewyn Davis
3	Cool Hand Luke
4	Taxi Driver
5	12 Angry Men
6	No Country for Old men
7	This Is England
8	Her
9	Dog Day Afternoon
10	Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
11	There Will Be blood
12	M
13	Being John Malkovich
14	Up
15	Spider-Man
16	Enter The Dragon
17	El laberinto del fauno
18	Reservoir Dogs
19	Barton Fink
20	Beasts of the Southern Wild
21	Adaptation
22	Casablanca
23	Drive
24	Apocalypse Now
25	Straw Dogs
26	Only God Forgives
27	The Night of the Hunter
28	Bronson
29	Alien
30	Jaws
31	El Espinazo Del Diablo
32	Captain America: The First Avenger
33	Wreck-it Ralph
34	Kari-gurashi no Arietti
35	Brazil
36	C'est Arrivé Près De Chez Vous
37	Holy Motors
38	Badlands
39	True Romance
40	Mary and Max
41	Shichinin No Samurai
42	Videodrome
43	Wall-E
44	Wristcutters: A Love Story
45	La Cité Des Enfants Perdus
46	Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
47	Malcolm X
48	Moonrise Kingdom
49	The Cabin in the Woods
50	Full Metal Jacket

WCPhils

1	Inglorius Basterds
2	Moonrise Kingdom
3	Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
4	The Godfather
5	El laberinto del fauno
6	Back to the Future
7	Fargo
8	Monty Python and the Holy Grail
9	Scott Pilgrim vs The World
10	No Country For Old Men
11	District 9
12	Raiders of the Lost Ark
13	Zero Dark Thirty
14	Rear Window
15	The Wolf of Wall Street
16	The Raid
17	Jaws
18	The Incredibles
19	Chinatown
20	Hot Fuzz
21	The Godfather: Part II
22	Life of Pi
23	Apocalypse Now
24	The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
25	Jurassic Park
26	Mononoke-hime
27	There Will Be Blood
28	A Christmas Story
29	Ferris Bueller's Day Off
30	2001: A Space Odyssey
31	Alien
32	The Princess Bride
33	Toy Story 3
34	Pulp Fiction
35	The Departed
36	Django Unchained
37	Monsters Inc.
38	Psycho
39	Children of Men
40	The Raid 2: Berendal
41	True Grit – (Coen Brothers)
42	The Grand Budapest Hotel
43	The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
44	Groundhog Day
45	Birdman
46	In Bruges
47	Inception
48	The Cabin in the Woods
49	Shichinin no samurai
50	Moon

Duffman123

1	Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
2	Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
3	The Apartment (1960)
4	Bringing Up Baby (1938)
5	The Red Shoes (1948)
6	Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
7	Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992)
8	Banshun (1949)
9	Mon Oncle  (1958)
10	Andrey Rublyov (1966)
11	Sherlock Jr. (1924)
12	Smultronstället (1957)
13	Paris, Texas (1984)
14	Pickpocket (1959)
15	Il Conformista (1970)
16	Raging Bull (1980)
17	It Happened One Night (1934)
18	Repo Man (1984)
19	L'Atalante (1934)
20	Some Like It Hot (1959)
21	La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc (1928)
22	Trois Couleurs: Rouge (1994)
23	At' zije Republika (1965)
24	Omohide Poro Poro (1991)
25	Rebel Without a Cause (1955)
26	Apur Sansar (1959)
27	Ordet (1955)
28	There Will be Blood (2007)
29	Les Quatre Cents Coups (1959)
30	Mean Streets (1973)
31	Rio Bravo (1959)
32	Les Diaboliques (1955)
33	El Ángel Exterminador (1962)
34	La Règle Du Jeu (1939)
35	Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
36	Touch of Evil (1958)
37	Chelovek s Kino-apparatom (1929)
38	Csillagosok, Katonák (1967)
39	Vivre Sa Vie: Film En Douze Tableaux (1962)
40	Fa Yeung Nin Wa (2000)
41	A Woman Under The Influence (1974)
42	Céline Et Julie Vont En Bateau - Phantom Ladies Over Paris (1974)
43	Il Deserto Rosso (1964) 
44	Angst Essen Seele Auf (1974)
45	Das Boot (1981)
46	Marketa Lazarová (1967)
47	La Battaglia Di Algeri (1966)
48	Ukigumo (1955)
49	Såsom i en Spegel (1961)
50	The 39 Steps (1935)

Vitor_vdp

1	Jurassic Park
2	Mary and Max
3	2001: A Space Odyssey
4	Drive
5	E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
6	Spider-Man
7	Inglourious Basterds
8	The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
9	Living in Oblivion
10	Airplane!
11	Pusher III
12	Antichrist
13	City Lights
14	Kynodontas
15	Nebraska
16	Dead Poets Society
17	Hotaru no Haka
18	Magnolia
19	Spartacus
20	Godzilla (2014)
21	Top Secret!
22	WALL-E
23	Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
24	Paths of Glory
25	Boogie Nights
26	Atonement
27	Where The Wild Things Are
28	Donnie Darko
29	Pleasantville
30	Maniac (2012)
31	Birdman
32	Lars and the Real Girl
33	Guardians of the Galaxy
34	Mosura tai Gojira
35	Salò o le 120 Giornate di Sodoma
36	The Dreamers
37	Rise of the Planet of the Apes
38	The Godfather Part III
39	Trois Couleurs: Blanc
40	Casablanca
41	Being John Malkovich
42	Contact
43	Warrior (2011)
44	The Artist
45	Fight Club
46	Shadow of the Vampire
47	Akira
48	The Kid
49	Eastern Promises
50	Soshite Chichi Ni Naru

whywefight

1	The Godfather
2	The Godfather: Part II
3	El laberinto del fauno
4	Inglourious Basterds
5	Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
6	The Dark Knight
7	The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
8	Black Swan
9	Aliens
10	Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
11	The Exorcist
12	The Departed
13	Monty Python and the Holy Grail
14	Memento
15	The Shining
16	Saving Private Ryan
17	No Country For Old Men
18	Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
19	The Thing (1982)
20	The Silence of the Lambs
21	Up
22	The Descent
23	Almost Famous
24	Rosemary’s Baby
25	Hot Fuzz
26	Pulp Fiction
27	Terminator 2: Judgment Day
28	Det Sjunde Inseglet
29	Låt Den Rätte Komma In
30	The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
31	Die Hard
32	Silver Linings Playbook
33	Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
34	Inception
35	X-Men: Days of Future Past
36	Jurassic Park
37	Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
38	Office Space
39	Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
40	The Shawshank Redemption
41	In a World...
42	3:10 to Yuma (2007) (don’t even give a ****) (Ben Foster kills it)
43	La Vie d'Adèle
44	The Bourne Ultimatum
45	Fight Club
46	Reservoir Dogs
47	The Graduate
48	Se7en
49	X2
50	Toy Story 3
Fargo - i'm ok with this, probably the greatest movie poster
NCFOM - second is best
Her - haha
Inglourious Basterds - surprisingly high, but I like it so it's all good
2001 - yeh, i'm surprised it's so high though
Taxi Driver - Expected
Drive - lol again
Pan's Labryinth - haven't seen it
Jurassic Park - saw it in theaters last year and just found it pretty disappointing but not bad
TWBB - good stuff
Eternal Sunshine - I fell asleep when I tried to watch it
The Raid - lol
The Godfather - I almost fell asleep when I tried to watch it
Lego Movie - lol
Apocalypse Now - tbh i've never seen it
Good Bad Ugly - hellz yeah
Persona - not a bad choice i suppose
The Shining - good
Lost in Translation - was it really that good though? i mean...
Silence of the Lambs - meh okay
BTTF - actual GOAT
Grand Budapest Hotel - i'm sure it's good and all but wow that's high
M - yeah boi
Magnolia - never seen it
Short Term 12 - was in my preliminary list but got cut
The Departed - never seen it
Do the Right Thing - almost made my list
Star Wars - i'm not a nerd
Alien - never seen it
Network - i liked it but i didn't think it was exceptional, just predictive
Raging Bull - i liked it but not as much as i want to like it
Hot Fuzz - never seen it
Jaws - almost made my list but i chose ET as my Spielberg pick
Raising Arizona - dope shit
The Raid 2 - lol
City Lights - woulda been higher if i put it on my list
Donnie Darko - lol
Living in Oblivion - never seen it
Monty Python - i guess it's funny if your british
Only God Forgives - i'll defer to Rex Reed here, but that's a kickass movie poster/cover
Wild Strawberries - good, i've always found it disappointing but not a bad film at all
Barton Fink - it was good
Inception - lol
Passion of Joan of Arc - never seen it
Bicycle Thieves - only film perfection
Raiders of the Lost Ark - solid
Synecdoche - never seen it
Vivre Sa Vie - never seen it
Strangelove - suck it seventh
Moonrise Kingdom - good
Mulholland Dr. - never seen it
anime thingy - never seen it
Big Lebowski - good shit
Life Aquatic - clearly the superior Wes Anderson
The Thing - never seen it
Tree of Life - i need to watch it again but i am glad it's on the list
Nice Phils, I didn't even think of District 9.

also Vidor:
38 The Godfather Part III

damnnnnn
BelowTheSun and ThrashUnleashed both have gr8 lists

And whywefight's. Loving that Scott Pilgrim

forgot about Almost Famous
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 22, 2014,
Just after a quick glance at the individual lists I'd say Steve and Phils are the closest to my own taste in film, but still off by a long shot.
^You know, not everyone's English. I never think about El Laberinto Del Fauno as Pan's Labyrinth, for example. Also, it's the original titles, so yeah..

Quote by bradulator
Which directors got the most votes?

Ok, that I don't have, but is it really that fair to check it ? I mean, clearly the Coens have the most votes, then after that's probably Kubrick and then idk.

I just don't think it's very worth checking out because some directors have 3974576 movies while others have 1 or 2.

I can do it if you want, but not today, please, 'cause that would take a lot of work
Quote by seventh_angel
'kay, that's it for what I have. Do you guys want to see anything else ? I have everything with me, so I can kind of do whatever you want with it.

For the sake of my curiosity, would you mind emailing me the excel sheet? I think it'd be fun to look at, and I'd happily post all the interesting stuff I come up with while looking through it. Directors, most mentioned, who had the least films make the list, etc.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 22, 2014,
I had 20 films make the list
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 22, 2014,