Ive been looking about for a good combo tube amp for a while and plan on buying one in the near future. I pretty much only play at home - mostly metal, stuff like metallica etc but a good clean tone is also important to me, anyone think this amp is good for me?

Or anyone got any other suggestions?

Id say im preferable to Marshall amps although at the moment im using a Vox VT20+ which i dont really get along well with.

Cheers! and merry Xmas everyone
Depends - how much money do you have?
Also be more specific with the tone you want - metallica might mean kill them all tone or death magnetic tone.

The DSL401 is different, usually regarded as better, so look into that as well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
budget around £400 - £500.
I say a clean tone is important to me because i just leave the amp on a clean tone and use my Boss ME-70 for everything else.
Mostly looking for a real good valve amp id use very long term
The DSL401 id never had a look at until now and it looks sweet!
Quote by Rikah
I say a clean tone is important to me because i just leave the amp on a clean tone and use my Boss ME-70 for everything else.
Get some powered monitors to connect the ME70 to.

Or, more seriously, get an amp that sounds better than the ME70 - whatever good amp will have a better sounding distortion than that.

Again though, be more specific if you want sensible recommendations - what tones do you wanna get?
What songs/albums... ?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
its hard to say as i try alot of different styles of music to improve - i am looking for a good all rounder.

but as for metal tones i am looking at a death magnetic tone and a more vintage metallica style tone like ride the lightning
also i am looking to buy an amp from new - so the 401 may be out the window haha
Jet City 22H/50w and Harley Benton 2X12/1X12 (With the V30) and a bad monkey. Jobs a good one. All under 500 new fom Thomman (22H and a 1X12 would be less than 300). I'm assuming you just want the general Thrash tone.

Also 22H has a tube driven effects loop where as the 50 and above are line level.

The Dark Terror/Jim Root Terror are also good options but one channel. The gain levels are insane for the size of em though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Dec 22, 2014,