Hi,
I own an ibanez premium rg921 with stock dimarzio ibz pickups in it. I play through amplitube on my pc. The problem is I'm getting horrible squealing sound when I'm using german gain patch. When I'm using 5150 preset I get no such problem. The gain is set to max on both presets. I don't understand what the problem is. Might be microphonic pickups but I'm not sure! I've attached a zip file containing the audio file. Couldn't upload it in the .m4a format! Please help!
Thanks
Ps. I don't own a sound card. I plug in my guitar via line in!
Attachments:
Voice 001.zip
ACE AND THE ASS
Quote by ady.gravity
The gain is set to max on both presets. I don't understand what the problem is.

Try turning your gain down until it stops.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
But the squealing occurs only on the german gain preset not on the 5150 preset! If the pickups are microphonic (as they seem to be ) thn it should squeal on both the presets as both are pretty high gain preset!
ACE AND THE ASS
Yeah, your pickups aren't microphonic from what i'm reading. Your gain is all the way up. If I had the gain turned all the way up on any amp or pedal I own, it would sound bad and would squeal for days.
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
But then why do they pickup all sorts of noise like my hands moving on the strings. And when i record i hear more noise than actual playing. Pick attacks, hand scratching etc. Plus those are stock presets. Not the ones I designed!
ACE AND THE ASS
Still sounds like too much gain. If I turned up my gain all the way, you could definitely hear a floppy pick scratching your string, your hand scratching and rubbing the strings, etc.

Your just using too much gain on that patch dude.
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
There's also control for noise gate, you might have to increase that but it sounds like you need lower gai.

Disable noiase gate and start with gain on middle, then push forward til you get it to start squealing, apply gate at that point. You're in the ballpark, then maybe some small tweaks.
I turned down the gain to noon! I squealing is not there but i still hear noises like my hand rubbing against the strings etc. I know how to mute but when I sweep or tap i hear my picking hand creates this noise. It happens due to my hand moving on the strings while muting. Is this common? ? If so how can I control it?? Or is is microphonic pickups??
ACE AND THE ASS