i want to play modern and thrash metal, and i already have a blackstar ht, it can kind of do it but not the best for it. It's great for blues to early metal however.

How much more gain do the diavlos series have compared to blackstar ht series, i want to get it for heavier tones that the blackstar can't get.

Can the diavlo nail the ride the lightnining and puppets tone?
Last edited by musicandthewave at Dec 22, 2014,
have you tried putting an od pedal in front as a boost? that's a handy thing to try, and doesn't cost too much (plus you can use the od pedal with your new amp if it doesn't do enough with your current amp, too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Heavyness doesn't have much to do with the quantity of gain available on tap, it's more of a matter of tone stack design and power amp design and gain structure.

The diavlo's will be better than the blackstar's for sure for them tones.

None of them will really give you the exact tones from MoP and I don't really know about RtL.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Randall Diavlo isn't going to sound like those albums, period. I've tried and I can get in the ball park but no way in hell is it going to sound like a 3,000 dollar rig. Personally, I use mine to get close to Metallica tones and other thrashy stuff, but mine gets most of it's use for Black Metal. The reverb helps with that.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
It'd be better.

Never could get a metal sound id like out my HT5 i had. Used high gain pickups/10 band EQ/OD the lot.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals