So I've been looking at getting an Acoustic head and can't find too many specs on the b200h and the b600h because they have been discontinued. GC still has some 600's left so I'm hoping to get one at a discount.

Anyways, does anybody know if there is much of a difference between the amps besides the power?
Doubt it. I played sever b200h heads and they are really great for value. The tone doesn't blow me out of the water, but for the money they really do sound good and have good volume.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The only difference is the wattage. They use exactly the same circuitry and components. One has the potential to drown out the other one with sheer volume.

The Acoustic amplifiers you see in Guitar Center are good amps with very good tone. I have an Acoustic B200 1x15" combo amp that I use for practice, and I can get all sorts of good tones from it. Since I have not taken it on the road, I do not know how well these Guitar Center Acoustic amplifiers hold up during a tour. I know that a few years back, Rudy Sarzo toured with them. He was still using them in August of 2012, but he may have moved on to another brand of amp since then.

One thing that you might want to take into account - assuming you have not already done so - is that these amplifiers are not the legendary Acoustic amplifiers of the late 1960's to the early 1970's. The Guitar Center Acoustic amplifiers are actually re-branded Kustom amplifiers. Kustom no longer makes that model of amplifier (actually, they don't seem to be making much of anything these days), but their version pre-dated the Guitar Center Acoustic amplifiers.

Those original Acoustic amplifiers were made in the U.S.A., and they were very different from any bass amplifier available, then or now. The original Acoustic amplifiers looked like regular amplifier stacks: an amplifier head on top of large speaker cabinets. But in fact, there was no amplifier head. What looked like the amplifier head was actually just a preamp. Inside of the big speaker cabinets was a power amplifier. I always found this a very strange arrangement, but a lot of people seemed to like it. There is a revamped company calling itself Acoustic USA that is producing at least one of the original Acoustic bass rigs, but they have no webpage; just a Facebook account. There is a company named Acoustic World Resources that appears to be their only means of sales:

https://www.acousticworldresources.com/
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Dec 26, 2014,
Thanks FatalGear! I would love to wait and try those amps out, but they are also ten times the price.