I'm trying to put a new pickup in but when i try to remove the old one from the 5 way switch all that happens is that the wire turns black? ive got a cheap 25 watt soldering iron and a strat.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
You might have gotten better responses in the "Gear Building and Customization" forum.

So are you trying to un-solder the pickup's wire from the pot/selector complex? Just heat up the solder until the wire comes loose upon a slight tug or push from the soldering iron.
Feed a little solder into it to get it started.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Feed a little solder into it to get it started.

okay. i just want to say that it looks like someone made a wrap around the metal thing and then soldered it...
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
also all of the wires are soldered on top of each other on the pot, and the pickup im trying to remove is on the bottom. wat do
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Cut it
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Cut it

Thank you so much cath, I am now putting you into my will.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz