Hi, I haven't really consulted the forum in awhile, but I've been curious about something.

Recently, I've been on a Music Man guitar kick, mostly because of the unique way their necks feel. Are there any other companies who make guitars with similar necks? Thank you!
I am a Stephenist
My guess would be G&L guitars would be similar. They have a Fender feel but with a flatter radius. Both of those companies were started by Leo Fender after he sold out Fender to CBS.
Since it's safe to assume that a very limited share of UG users are familiar with Music Man necks, and on top of that guitar-necks in general having a lot of different features to like/dislike (finish/fretboard material/radius/profile/fret size/fretboard edges/thickness etc.) it would help if you described what it is you're looking for precisely.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Dec 23, 2014,
Which models ...?

Personally I've never played anything with a MM feel except the cheaper versions. Which are similar in shape, but nowhere as nice to play.

I've always found MM to feel very narrow, even on the n ore modern style guitars.

The JP6 neck is probably the nicest neck ever (closely followed by the Ibanez Viper) IMO.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ what neck's the ibanez viper?

and yeah it's a good while since i tried MM but they were pretty narrow at the nut, and asymmetrical round the back. I think that was probably the axis model i'm thinking of.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very old and uncommon.

Found it on my old J Custom and funnily enough the old JPM.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Zhaezzy
My guess would be G&L guitars would be similar. They have a Fender feel but with a flatter radius. Both of those companies were started by Leo Fender after he sold out Fender to CBS.

I knew G&L was a Leo Fender company, but didn't realize MM was another. Thanks!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Tom 1.0
Very old and uncommon.

Found it on my old J Custom and funnily enough the old JPM.

ah ok, thanks. I thought maybe it was a new neck profile they'd brought out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No, it's an old one.

Quite narrow and like a modern C profile, I think it's the only ibby beck I have ever played without a flat back to it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah that is a bit weird. though i haven't really tried many (if any) of the non-RG/S series Ibanezes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?