Need a cheap audio interface. This one seems good on paper but I have my doubts. Can anyone see anything that would make this the wrong decision?

http://www.roland.com/products/en/DUO-CAPTURE/

Just starting out in the recording world. Have absolutely no experience. Gonna be using this to record guitar.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Have you read the stickies?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I have but all the recommendations are out of my budget at the moment. Also, this particular model hasn't been mentioned yet so I'd love it someone took the time to comment.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

If it's just for recording direct electric guitar get an unbranded guitar link.

That interface in particular isn't stellar.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
For recording direct guitar, a $100 bucks interface isn't gonna sound any better than a guitar link, really, so unless one is serious and sure he'll put the thing to good use, one might as well start out with the cheap stuff if ya ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by vocoderboy
don't buy cheap. seriously you INVEST in equipment.

Indeed, you get what you pay for with gear. Somethings never change even though the tech. might.
Perfectly fine, I am currently tracking most of my stuff via Edirol (before it became Cakewalk) UA-4fx interface which is somewhat similar to what you're considering.

A few things which might want to consider on this one is that it is plastic...and I mean really plastic. Also sample rates are only 48 kHz/44.1 kHz which is not a deal breaker as I currently track pretty much everything at 44/24bit and have no complaints.

I'm seeing this at $79 so yeah, for that price might as well go for it.
Quote by capitalfleet
Focusrite Scarlett series stuff is pretty decent if you're looking for cheap. Clean sounding pre's in a stable environment.

I am desperately trying to source a used 2i2 here. In India you can barely get a proper one in retail let alone used. So I will keep trying and if it fails I'll go in for what I mentioned.

On a side note, Lexicon Alpha?
Quote by slapsymcdougal

The 2i2 isn't ideal 'cause it has little input headroom, hence recording direct guitar will probably result in you overloading its input (distortion, bad sounding).

The alpha sounds bad, end of the story.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Roland is quality gear so that interface is likely pretty sweet. The specs look good for home recording. Also look at the Tascam iU2 if working with a mac or iOS device.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TAS-IU2?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&gclid=CMGUpbDV58ICFUNrfgodPTQA1w
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Spambot_2
If it's just for recording direct electric guitar get an unbranded guitar link.

That interface in particular isn't stellar.

Hey I ordered one of those cheap guitar links for about 15$. Are those good for like average recording? I can't afford a good interface for now. I just need something that's better in quality in terms of recording than using line in of built in sound card.
ACE AND THE ASS
Not really good, but unless you spend more than $100 you'll not get a higher sound quality, just more i/o which you don't seem to need at this point.

You're recording direct guitar so the quality of the end product will depend much more on how you mix everything, so practice mixing a lot, read tutorials, watch videos, find books...

It's gonna be hella better than the line in and the mic in on your computer anyway.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Thanks!
Ps. I've been watching Ola englund videos on recording and mixing tracks. Plus he's a nice guy. Always replies to my queries.
ACE AND THE ASS
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Last edited by shawnkenneth at Dec 28, 2014,
^ yeah I know what that is: a stripped down version of the mackie onyx 820i.

You don't need a mixer really, if you want to keep it cheap get an unbranded guitar link and if you want to spend more money get a mackie onyx blackjack.
Hella better sounding than the scarlett's if ya ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola