Hello to all the musician of this forum! First of all i apologize for my poor english, i hope you will understand even if i will write with some errors.

I would like to share my happyness in completing my brand new custom pedalboard, which has just been finished. My intention is to hear all the comments you will have to give me, and take in consideration every opinion i am sure you will have to give me.
I start by saying i am an autodidact guitar player since 2002 (approximately), and i bought all my gear year by year working and putting little by little aside my money.
Probably my gear is more than what i need compared to my skill, in any case

Here some pics of the final result:

FRONT:

LATERAL INPUTS:

LATERAL INPUTS (BACKSIDE):

BACKSIDE:

BACKSIDE (LEFT SIDE):

TOP SIDE:

LEFT SIDE:

Pedalboard is composed of:

CHAIN 1: Boss NS2 ->Ernie Ball Volume MVP -> CryBaby Dunlop -> MXR Super Comp -> MXR Six Band EQ -> Ibanez TS9DX -> Wampler Triple Wreck -> Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff -> Phaser Keeley Electronics

CHAIN 2 (SEND-RETURN): Strymon Timeline -> Strymon Flint -> Boss Super Chorus CH1

Polytune2 is connected with the volume pedal by "tuner out" output.

Everything has been soldered by myself with Cordial Cable CGK 175, Hicon Jacks, and Neutrik NJ3 inputs. Everything supplied by Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2. Multi plug adapter on the left is to supply the Voodoo Lab, and the two Strymon suppliers, who are separated. Pedalboard is a Pedaltrain PT Pro
Please tell me what do you think about this board, if you would have done something differently in the chain order or in the setup. I am almost completely satisfied by the final result, only but the compressor, which i am probably going to replace with a Keeley.
The only thing that bothers me are a little of hums and background noise, which i think are normal with a so wide chain.

Let me know what do you think about it...
that's pretty epic work right there

personally i'd maybe put the chorus and phaser in front of distortion. but that's up to you, they sound slightly different after distortion and you might prefer that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice Job!

There have been a lot of times when I've heard someone really good play guitar and I've gone home and thought, "You know, compared to that guy, I'm just a guy who owns a guitar..." <G> Don't worry about having gear that's better than you are. Your reach should always exceed your grasp.
Very nice professional looking board mine is a cluster f**k compared to that.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
personally i'd maybe put the chorus and phaser in front of distortion. but that's up to you, they sound slightly different after distortion and you might prefer that.

Maybe you're right, but i tried to sort it out like this, as the phaser looked like it was distorting a bit when used before the distortions in the chain...

Quote by dspellman
compared to that guy, I'm just a guy who owns a guitar..."

You're completely right...
In any case i always try to improve... i still have a lot to learn, but my gear helps me to have a wide range of sounds to play my music! This makes me really happy and satisfied!

What do you suggest to reduce hums and background noises?
ISP noise suppressors are great. Your NS2 don't handle the hum and noise enough.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Last edited by RJH11 at Dec 24, 2014,
Quote by Samarian1988
Maybe you're right, but i tried to sort it out like this, as the phaser looked like it was distorting a bit when used before the distortions in the chain...

is the keeley phaser phase 90-based? they don't have a ton of headroom, they clip a bit even when run clean.

edit: try running the ns2 in the x-pattern method, that should help with background noise.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 24, 2014,
Interesting information regarding the suppressor.
Other question: do you think it is worthy to customize the wah pedal? I find it lacks of a led to see when it is activated or not. Sometimes it happens i forget to shut it down or i do not press enough to deactivate it, and leave it wrongly on. Is something that can be easily done or not?
Depends on how good you are at soldering and DIY. I'd probably set myself on fire, for example. And bear in mind that the people who say it's easy are generally pretty good at it and interested in it. But if you're into that type of stuff yourself, I'm guessing it's not too bad.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?