I have a two channel amp. I want a simple board which combined with the amp creates a total of 4 channels or “presets”. See below.

Amp Channel (1): Natural Clean (amp)
Sim Channel (a): Gloomy Clean – pedal/s for added grit and an eq to darken it
Sim Channel (b): Garage Rock / Lofi-crunch – radio Havana pedal and a top boost
Amp Channel (2): High gain (amp)

In a perfect world (my perfect world) I’d have 4 buttons in front of me that could take care of this. Naturally I’m thinking a two or three channel loop pedal. Problem is, switching back and forth between the 4 “channels” would require engaging and disengaging the sim channel and then switching the amp channel. This results in a lag between the tones, or oppositely an overlap of tones.

Is the most obvious solution a multi-channel looper with a master on/off button, and clicking the master at the same time as the amp footswitch?

any other brilliant ideas. I actually want as many as 6 Sim channels operating within the clean channel. Just can't figure out a good switching method. MIDI?
What amp have you got?

MIDI would likely work if the amp supports it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Something like the Voodoo Labs GCX and Ground Control Pro switcher would be perfect. It's a costly setup but it may be justifiable in the long run if a system like this is what you want to run.

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm
I'll recommend checking out Moen GEC8 JR and Musicomlab EFX Lite 8.

Either one will avoid any Fred Astaire routines.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JBailey23
Something like the Voodoo Labs GCX and Ground Control Pro switcher would be perfect. It's a costly setup but it may be justifiable in the long run if a system like this is what you want to run.

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

yeah that'd be great. Like I said, ideally I'd have 6 simulated channels besides my natural clean and natural distortion. This would let me get crazy with it and could even blend some of the simulated channels between my clean and gain on the amp.

Not sure if I want to spend that much though , and though I'm anti tap dancing, I'd prefer a bunch of pedals linked up to single buttons than a huge floor unit. Also not fond of a rack system.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind!
The thought of actually building a rack system to house it all is why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I know what you mean!

The Moen switcher that Jim suggested is top notch as well.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
I'll recommend checking out Moen GEC8 JR and Musicomlab EFX Lite 8.

Either one will avoid any Fred Astaire routines.

thanks, very interested in the Moen
Quote by JBailey23
The thought of actually building a rack system to house it all is why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I know what you mean!

The Moen switcher that Jim suggested is top notch as well.

Yeah I'm interested in that one. It's my kind of price range and it seems like it'd do the trick. I need to do more reading though, unsure how the device specifies which channel the loops are attributed to on the amp...or if that particular pedal can even do that.
I'm pretty sure it can. Look up Moen's youtube videos. When I was running my JCM amp rig I almost bought a GEC9 unit and their videos explained it the best out of anything I've seen.