Hey All,

I just wanted to share something that I am really excited about. The idea was to combine a tele and a Brian Setzer 6120 as well as possible. The sides are bent, the top and back are carved inside and out. There is even trestle bracing just like the 6120. The bigsby had to be cut down and rewelded since the tele`s body is much shorter than guitars it is originally design for. What do you think? Would you have went with the same color or something different? The guitar has a special nitro trans type dye job, where in direct light the guitar is yellow/orange and in low lighting the guitar looks red/orange. Is it too 6120 or too tele?

Thanks,
Rob

Ha Ethan, I think I am with you. Although I like to think of it as an archtop tele with gretsch bling.
So good to see Dead Tree doing electrics!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
FWIW, there's a luthier near where I live- Hi-Tone- that did a 12-string along the same lines that I have been lusting over for years.

Edit

Here it is:
http://hitoneguitars.com/myportfolio/12-string-archtop-tele/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Dlgam3e9c&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 23, 2014,
Aesthetically, the only thing I don't care for is the dice motif. I could see it if there were other hallmark "hot rod" elements, like a flamed finish or a pinup pickguard, buton that guitar, the dice seem a little out place.

Other than that, though...excellent.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Aesthetically, the only thing I don't care for is the dice motif. I could see it if there were other hallmark "hot rod" elements, like a flamed finish or a pinup pickguard, buton that guitar, the dice seem a little out place.

Other than that, though...excellent.

Interesting, I believe my customer went with them to better match his Brian Setzer 6120. What knob would have went with?
wow that's really nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's a gorgeous guitar (though not one that I'd ever consider owning). I get the esthetic. But I'd also be getting rid of the dice for a personal guitar.

I'd probably never combine a movable bridge with a Bigsby, and I'd certainly never combine it with anything but a roller or mastery-style bridge saddle. I'd probably want more frets free of the body (but that's not going to happen with a 6120 "ish", I realize) and a smoother neck heel. I understand the bow to tradition here, but it's a bit like having a 700hp rat rod on skinny wide white wall tires with old drum brakes and thirties suspension.

I love the molded back shape. The back of the neck is gorgeous and I really like the design of the headstock (including the straight-pull aspect). Why is there an FF on the TRC and GG on the pickguard? No strap buttons? Is it neck-heavy? I like the locking tuners.
^ I have to agree a floating bridge with a tremolo is a recipe for disaster

The guitar looks very nice though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ I have to agree a floating bridge with a tremolo is a recipe for disaster

The guitar looks very nice though

Dunno, Ibanez doesn't seem to have an issue with it on the AF75TDG guitars.

That's a cool looking guitar overall. Love the color!
Quote by Preacher403
Dunno, Ibanez doesn't seem to have an issue with it on the AF75TDG guitars.

That's a cool looking guitar overall. Love the color!

I would put my rep on the line that it will not stay in tune well at all. that is just a bull shit design
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I would put my rep on the line that it will not stay in tune well at all. that is just a bull shit design

I haven't had any issues with mine. But I don't use it a lot, or for divebombs or anything, so maybe that would make a difference. But never had an issue the few times I tried extreme (for a Bigsby) stuff.