I just ordered a G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top Electric Guitar Butterscotch Blonde guitar, and realized that I forgot to order a strap with it. I have never owned a Butterscotch Blonde guitar before, and have no idea whether a black or brown strap would look better with it.

I know strap color is a personal preference, but do people usually pair black or brown with Butterscotch Blonde? Thanks everyone.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gl-tribute-asat-deluxe-carved-top-electric-guitar/h88845

You can never go wrong with black, man.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by patrick2099
I have never owned a Butterscotch Blonde guitar before, and have no idea whether a black or brown strap would look better with it.

See, this is where all those hours you've spent watching Martha Stewart, Rachael Ray and the folks on those runway style programs will come in handy.
Pink.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 24, 2014,
I've had some experience with trying to match straps with guitars. Unless you're willing to do what 67_67 said (i.e. go with black because it's safe), there's really no way to know for sure unless you have the strap right beside the guitar, unfortunately. I've ordered straps which I thought should work great, and then when i got them they were a different colour from the online photo, or they clashed with the guitar (a close-but-not-quite match is often the worst for clashing, which is what makes it difficult), etc. etc.

Navy worked quite nicely with my blonde tokai tele, but there's no guarantee it'll worh with yours (or that you'd agree with me that it matches, either).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The close but not close enough is a very valid concern I think. My first thought was a black and white checkered strap but that could look hideous. Safe but cool, I think would be either a medium to dark brown or a black leather strap, somewhat glossy and somewhat ornate (whether it's fringe, or those metallic things (conchos?)) to visibly contrast the simplicity of the guitar with a little bling.
^ Yeah the "close but not close enough" is the thing that really complicates it. If you're not bang-on you're better looking like you weren't even trying to match it, at least in my experince (and to my taste, obviously). Even brown might clash with the rosewood fretboard, for example. I had a terrible time trying to match a strap to my natural finish BC Rich, too many conflicting natural wood shades. I figured brown would work well... nope, terrible. I eventually gave up, I think it has a bright red one on it now (just because I have it spare).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, don't forget, the color of the shirt you wear gig night to play the darned thing can totally wreck an otherwise well-matched color scheme, haha. There's just no winning.
^ haha. I never got as far as worrying about the shirt.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Hydra26
Well, don't forget, the color of the shirt you wear gig night to play the darned thing can totally wreck an otherwise well-matched color scheme, haha. There's just no winning.

Solution:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm pretty boring, all my guitars generally get a brown leather strap. Leather doesn't slide.