Did you ever try? How do you feel about it?

I'm thinking of starting it to feel more relax and comfortable. The religion aspect of it is kinda a downside for me but still it looks like its possible to practice without religious bs.
hippy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
i tried it at home once and i felt like an idiot doing it. others are free to practice it as long as they dont shove it down my throat by telling me that i need do try it and that it will CHANGE MY LIFE!!!!!!!

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
meditation on its own is crap

meditation on 2cb however
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I pray sometimes.

haha, this guy believes in a supernatural being
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by arcanom

I'm thinking of starting it to feel more relax and comfortable. The religion aspect of it is kinda a downside for me but still it looks like its possible to practice without religious bs.

Yes. Everybody meditates every single day without even realising it. It's called daydreaming.

Meditation is also one technique used in the application of mindfulness to a person's patterns of thought.

Do some research into Mindfulness.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Meditation is about thinking about your actions and how they affect everything and everyone. It is also a good window into your past it can show you why you act in certain ways.

For people who are jerks, meditation is very difficult.

You can practice meditation without any religious affiliation.

Sober meditation is extremely difficult for people bhai who a rd e used to staring at screens all day, but I think and studies show that it is great for patience ambition and also over physical health.

Diet and exercise help too.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by Burgery

A person can pray to their television, if that gains you any perspective.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by Panasonic3
Meditation is about thinking about your actions and how they affect everything and everyone. It is also a good window into your past it can show you why you act in certain ways.

Sober meditation is extremely difficult for people bhai who a rd e used to staring at screens all day, but I think and studies show that it is great for patience ambition and also over physical health.

What you call meditation I call 'getting high and listening to music'. What I call meditation is sitting very still and not thinking at all for prolonged periods of time in an effort to become more relaxed.

While relaxation and very low physical activity is present in both, for me the distinction between pondering a lot and not thinking at all is what makes one thing incredibly fun and the other just plain silly.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Panasonic3
A person can pray to their television, if that gains you any perspective.

it doesnt
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery

I sometimes pray to the dice, but they still hate me.

*gameofones.jpg*
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Burgery
it doesnt

You just don't get it, maaaaan.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I sometimes pray to the dice, but they still hate me.

*gameofones.jpg*

m8 last week i played settlers of catan for the first time. after we played a few rounds i decided that i wanted a wheat monopoly so i called dibs on two wheat fields with 6s on them and 6 was only rolled once in the entire game

the dice are a cruel and vicious god

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 24, 2014,
I wouldn't say meditation is hard for jerks per sè, as much people who are always in their thoughts and have a problem with shutting it off for a little.

Check this guy out on mindfulness though it's a pretty legit watch :

http://youtu.be/3nwwKbM_vJc
Quote by JamSessionFreak
You just don't get it, maaaaan.

m8 last week i played settlers of catan for the first time. after we played a few rounds i decided that i wanted a wheat monopoly so i called dibs on two wheat fields with 6s on them and 6 was only rolled once in the entire game

the dice are a cruel and vicious god

Tell me about it. The block dice from 3rd ed Blood Bowl had a particular dislike for me.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes. Everybody meditates every single day without even realising it. It's called daydreaming.

Meditation is also one technique used in the application of mindfulness to a person's patterns of thought.

Do some research into Mindfulness.

lol daydreaming is not mindfulness
Quote by Panasonic3

Must be ****ing impossible for you then.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Taoist meditation sometimes. Pretty sure you don't have to follow any religion for traditional zen meditation and things of that nature.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by bradulator
lol daydreaming is not mindfulness

I never said it was?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by arcanom
Did you ever try? How do you feel about it?

Just put on The God Delusion on audiobook and lose yourself in Dawkins' nasally voice.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Just put on The God Delusion on audiobook and lose yourself in Dawkins' nasally voice.

But he's a jackass
My God, it's full of stars!
I took Karate when I was a kid, and it was part of the class. It basically involved sitting with your hands in your lap, with your eyes closed, and clearing your mind. It can't hurt you, and it's free, so why not try it ?
I pray, and it does help me calm down and loosen up. There are ways to do it without religion though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Mindful meditation has helped alleviate a lot of the anxiety and depression I've had all of my life. It's definitely made my life a better one. You definitely have to have the right mindset and understanding of what meditation is in order for you to actually get benefit out of it, though. It's not some magic express ticket to the answer of the universe, but it is a great way to better understand your actions, thoughts, and beliefs.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No I don't meditate because I'm not a dirty old hippy
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Im big on zazen meditation. I usually do a 15 minute breathing session with poses to put energy into certain chakras. It sounds like a bunch of bullshit, but when you do it properly through the help of an instructional youtube video, you get the hang of it.

Also you get high off of air.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by zgr0826
Mindful meditation has helped alleviate a lot of the anxiety and depression I've had all of my life. It's definitely made my life a better one. You definitely have to have the right mindset and understanding of what meditation is in order for you to actually get benefit out of it, though. It's not some magic express ticket to the answer of the universe, but it is a great way to better understand your actions, thoughts, and beliefs.

got any guides or sources for starting?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I never said it was?

If you consider daydreaming meditation, and meditation is mindfulness, wouldn't that make daydreaming mindfulness?
There's some good resources on here. http://www.mindfulnessmeditationinstitute.org/

Find what's applicable to you.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by arcanom
got any guides or sources for starting?

Check that video I posted with Jon Kabat-Zinn. You'll be glad you did
Quote by Dreadnought
But he's a jackass

And his voice will force you to learn to meditate as a means of blocking it out.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by bradulator
If you consider daydreaming meditation, and meditation is mindfulness, wouldn't that make daydreaming mindfulness?

I never said that meditation is mindfulness. I said that meditation is a technique to achieve mindfulness. I was merely suggesting a way to use meditation to do something constructive.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 24, 2014,