Heyo,

Quick question about a fender style tremelo (mine is floating at the moment). When i depress the bar and bring it back, the note it lands on is different then if i pull the bar up and bring it back. Is there a fix to this or can somebody tell me why this happens?

Trying to figure out a fix for it but im scratching my head.

Thanks!
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
huh.....? do you mean that it's not in tune when you release the bar? chances are that it is binding at the nut which causes tuning issues.
I've opened the nut channels a bit and lubed it up but thats not helping. Ill try to elaborate more. When i depress ti and let it go, i can get it to pretty much routinely stay in tune. But if i pull up on the bar and let it go, the bridge comes to rest in a different positions, causing a sharper or flatter tuning. Basically the bridge keeps coming back to a resting position that's all over the place.
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
ok. you might want to tighten the springs a hair and not just let go of the bar. pull up and then bring it back down push down a little and then go from there. non locking trems take some finesse to get them to stay in tune. if you are used to using a Floyd then you'll have to adjust your bar style a little to get it to work for you.