I recently picked up a pair of KRK rocket 5's that I use with amplitube but also as a general speaker set up for my tv and music and whatnot. I"d like to get a sub to go with them as well. They have a decent amount of bass when cranked but I basically want a sub for the little bit of extra balls.

Is the KRK 10" sub a good value or is there another powered sub out there that is a reasonable amount of money ($400 or less) that will give me good quality and durability? I'm new to these kinds of speakers so please bare with me for any ignorance.
You want a sub for what exactly?
'cause RP's are already pretty bass heavy and they really don't need a sub much.

Also if you don't have an appropriate room (size, shape and/or acoustical treatment) a sub's gonna create more problems than solve ones.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
You want a sub for what exactly?
'cause RP's are already pretty bass heavy and they really don't need a sub much.

Also if you don't have an appropriate room (size, shape and/or acoustical treatment) a sub's gonna create more problems than solve ones.

+3.1415

Really don't need a sub until you get into full on surround sound mixing or your monitors have absolutely no bottom end at all.

Which the KRK's do.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
I want the sub more for movies and music than for mixing. I use these monitors for amplitube. Otherwise i don't do mixing or anything special with them