merry Christmas guys. I got the randall rg3003h and the rg412 cabinet this morning. I'm a little scared on setting it up. I don't have any experience with head-cab rigs. only
combos. my amp is 300 watts and my cab says 200 watts continuous and then under that it says 400 watts something that I can't really remember. anyways will they run together safely? and what do I have to do to set them up? I obviously would have researched before I bought them but I guess my parents seen I had been looking at them and decided to get it for Christmas. any help is appreciated. thanks.
Dean ML 79 Floyd
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG50CFX
Randall Rg3003h
Randall Rg412
If i have to guess the markings on a cab indicate 200w for stereo (two cables) or 400w for mono (single cable). So the max power handling clearly exceeds what the amp can output in both. And that is a good thing, it means you can safely go to volumes that shatters your windows and makes you impotent for life without popping the speakers.

For simplest operation simply connect the cab from one of the speaker outputs (IIRC red ports. Not at home, cant doublecheck from mine) to the cabs mono input. AND use a speaker cable, not instrument cable. The wire inside instrument cable is too thin to stand that much power and may melt in worst case scenario if you crank things up.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Dec 25, 2014,
it says 200 watt continuous and 400 watt program. and would it be fine to use an old instrument cable that I have just for tonight if I take it easy and don't crank it up?
Dean ML 79 Floyd
Marshall MG50CFX
Randall Rg3003h
Randall Rg412
as in would the only thing at risk be the cable connecting the two?
Dean ML 79 Floyd
Marshall MG50CFX
Randall Rg3003h
Randall Rg412
For low volume bedroom practice instrument cable can handle it. But i would go to nearest music store right after holidays end to avoid accidents and breaking your new amp. If the cable snaps the amp will be fine, if it shorts then amp is in danger.

I checked the cab info on randall website. It only says 200w mono and 8 ohm load. Since rg3003h is solid state it outputs its max power to 4 ohms. Higher ohm load drops the wattage so you will still be fine. Its unlikely the speakers will pop from sensible cranking.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Dec 26, 2014,