With a budget of £700 (roughly $900-1000) what would be a suitable metal (e.g metallica, megadeth etc.) guitar rig. This includes the guitar, amp, and any pedals that may be useful. All suggestions welcome, thanks
Xaviere XV-880 (or 890 if you can find one) + peavey vypyr tube 60 and its foot controller.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
do you need to gig or is this for home/occasional jamming with others?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hmm.. I'm thinking scoop up a used esp ltd guitar off ebay for under $200, such as this:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121526918334&alt=web

Your guitar will be your weakest link, but you can either slap some EMGs in it down the road, or buy a better guitar when you get money.

For an amp, I would get a Peavey XXX. There is one on ebay for about 400, and sometimes guitarcenter online has them cheap used. Ive played the XXX and really liked it.

If you get the combo version of the XXX (available online at guitarcenter used), then you are all done. If you want the head version, then that only leaves you with about 250-300 for a cab. Sometimes there are great deals for cabs out there (i got a mesa oversized 4x12 v30s for 350 on craigslist), so you should be able to find something decent. Idk what cab to recommend though.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

^ he's in the UK
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ he's in the UK

Touché- back to the pronz for me I suppose
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

i think Watterboy is right, spend more on the amp than the guitar.

As for amps, Vypyr tube 60 is a good shout, however i would go with the 50w Jet city, The harley benton 2x12 cab with the v30s and a joyo Vintage overdrive. Will get you a really decent live rig.

A lower end ibanez RG would be my choice for the guitar
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Peavey 6505 combo, overdrive pedal and a chorus and delay.

Done.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
^ TS also wants a guitar.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Ah didn't see that, my bad.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If you're going to have a gigging rig and a guitar at that price, you should get a Jet City JCA5012 (or whatever it's called) combo and a cheap guitar and tuner. Ibanez make great instruments on the cheap and you can upgrade pickups and the like later. Get a decent tuner though.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Since you're in England look at used Laney amps, one of these tube heads (TT, VR, Ironheart, Toni Iommi) or Marshall DSL JCM2000 head or 2x12 combo, 2x12 cabinet, the H. Benton suggestion is good.

Guitar - don't know really. Maybe scour the used section and look for something Dime since they're not holding up value well, one of the Washburn or Deans Dime series could probably be had ultra cheap. If not, not sure what to suggest since we'd go over budget, the Epi SG maybe or something with actives around $400.
Last edited by diabolical at Dec 26, 2014,
As for guitars, definitely look into Schecters, they're awesome quality for price in the "cheap" area. You can look for an Omen, but if you could get your hands on a Demon I recommend it massively.
this is a video of sound like metallica for under a thousand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ruiUprMt4

they have great deals but generally the price at their store is slightly more expensive than at thomann.

I have an old ESP LTD ex351d about 12 years old and has a great metallica tone. A decent ESP LTD woud be a great piece of gear to start with. I would heavily suggest an MXR micro chorus for cleans. A wah pedal is a must, the cheapest one you'll find is the vox one. Personally, never tried it. I have a Dunlop wah that does the job but I'm not a wah guy.

A delay would be nice. The EHX memory toy is a decent analoeg pedal. And an overdrive will allow you to get that nice high gain metallica sound. ibanez TS9 or MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive are 2 great pedals. I got the ZW model over the custom shop GT-OD.

Always start from guitar and amp. Get the pedals later especially if the budget does not allow you to buy all the items at once. Always, get the ones you can afford and get the others as you go along, rather than, buying a lot of things and to be able to get all of them and you get an inferior quality item.