Anyone know why my bridge humbucker keeps turning off on its own? The signal just cuts randomly a lot.
Check your switch. Does it cut out if you jiggle it at all?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
check the wires. Look for a loose connection. Is it just the say the bridge pickup?

if no wires are de-soldered it may be a simple fix. I remember when I copper shielded a bc rich warlock for a clearer tone which I highly recommend and long story short the contacts that you solder to make a volume/tone pot work I had one or more touching the copper.. so long story short the copper shielding disrupted the signal and I got a short. The fix for this was to adjust the pots (knobs) so the contacts didn't touch the copper tape. When all else fails use electric tape around the areas. In case the wires are short or whatever.

BUT assuming it's a 4 wire pickup where you've got four colored wires and a bare wire coming out of a pickup ensure that you've got the north finish and south start soldered together. You can test a pickup by setting a multimeter to 20k in ohms. If it's a 4 wire pickup go on guitar electronics "dot" com and look up the pickup color code if it's name brand. idealistically you want to touch the hot lead and ground wires. So on a Seymour duncan one prong goes to green and the other goes to black and bare. You'll get a reading from 4k to 19.99k. If it's higher than 20k like a YJM Fury seymour duncan set it to 200k. The highest resistance in a humbucker I've seen is 28-29k. Resistance is one of those factors to tell how hot a pickup is. But the really expensive multimeters that test for inductance is the best factor.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 26, 2014,
Quote by andersondb7
Anyone know why my bridge humbucker keeps turning off on its own? The signal just cuts randomly a lot.

Does it not like what you're playing?