Hi,
I am about to buy a preslotted fretboard from Stewmac (mainly because it didnt work out well when I slotted it myself last time), it will probably be rosewood. Link below for it:

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Bodies_and_Necks_and_Wood/Archtop_Guitar/Fingerboards/Slotted_Fingerboard_for_Fender_Guitar_Compound_Radius.html

But I was wondering what size fret wire would you recommend. I am not very experienced with different heights and everywhere I have looked people have said several heights. I plan to buy fretwire from stewmac as well and was looking more at the medium size, as it seem to be a bit of both, also help for the actual fret height. This is because if you look on the next link, "medium fretwire" comes in "medium", "high", "higher" and "highest".

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Fretwire/StewMac_Medium_Fretwire.html

Please help and I will be thankful for any advice/ recommendations you give.
I personally prefer jumbo or X-jumbo fret wire.

what type of guitars do you like to play? those are the sizes of fret wire you need to look at.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well currently I play a strat, but as this is my own built guitar I'm up for a change or something different really. Another thing I should mention is that its a 24 fret guitar, so if I have big jumbo frets will there be enough space to actually play say the 24th fret?
Quote by EpicGuitarGuy13
Well currently I play a strat, but as this is my own built guitar I'm up for a change or something different really. Another thing I should mention is that its a 24 fret guitar, so if I have big jumbo frets will there be enough space to actually play say the 24th fret?

Yes most 24 fret guitars I have played have jumbo or X-jumbo frets. go try some Ibanez or ESP/LTD models, most have X-jumbo frets and also play some more traditional guitars with smaller fret wire and see which you prefer more. Ask the guys that work their what fret wire they have on the different guitars, if they don't know, have them look it up in their spec sheets
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I always get the medium/highest because I like quite narrow frets prefer not to feel to much wood under my fingers, plus the tallest one gives you a bit more room to fix problems when levelling
Yeah thanks for the advice Robb and yeah I guess that is a good point, because if the frets are higher there is potentially more that could be taken off