Hi,

I'm a beginner guitarist looking to buy my first decent guitar. I am planning on buying the Seagull S6 Original. But i don't know if i should choose the Slim (1.72" nut) or the Original (1.8" nut). My hands are smaller than average. Any suggestions?
Play both and decide. I prefer the wider neck these days but in my formative years my hands were smaller and I liked slim necks. Tastes change over time. Both Seagull guitars will be excellent platforms for learning.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
i always liked wider necks, and i'm only 5' 3" with small hands. are you planning to play fingerstyle? if so, the extra room for your fingers to maneuver comes in quite handy. btw, you can absolutely get used to either width, but some prefer their fingers closer together while others prefer more room.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I truly wish my 6 strings had the wider nut, (1.8"), it would be easier to jump back and forth between my 12 strings, which are 1 7/8". That's 1.825", if you're going to insist on a decimal conversion...