What's the point in having tab moderators and their single vote approval when the just approve anything in the queue despite other contributors comments........

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval/id/1693956

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval/id/1693652

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval/id/1693870
Well, they some times vote wrong. I try to fix this. Thanks for report.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
It feels like an uphill battle sometimes. You read the rubric, follow the rules as outlined, reject poor submissions like the ones you've linked, and then someone comes along and just pushes it through anyway. I thought the point of being a moderator was to actually moderate something? Why do we even have the rubric if the mods don't abide by it?

Sorry to hijack your thread just to whine. This has been frustrating me forever. Thanks for any help you can provide, emad.
^^^Exactly, I do what I can when I can on here with regards to the TPA page but the initial rejection is appealed and the tab pushed through unchanged - so I think why should I bother doing it at all.
These are only ones I've noticed since last night because of my rating/comment on them, there must be loads more going through all the time, makes a mockery of the whole system and the chosen few that are tab moderators.
Last edited by xxxxChrisTxxxx at Dec 26, 2014,
And another question - do tab moderators automatically get several five star ratings for every submission they do?
Looking at the top tabbers list and their contributions that's the only explanation for a tab that's got more ratings than it's had views.
For the songs that we don't have any tab for them yet, some times we approve such tabs, because having a bad formatted tab for a song is better than having no tab for it.
Quote by zappp
Fair point if it was not for the fact that some of these badly formatted tabs have been submitted and approved by tab moderators.
And my previous question has not been answered either.......
No they don't get ratings automatically, I'll check the top tabber's ratings.
Quote by zappp
Quote by xxxxChrisTxxxx
(...)
Looking at the top tabbers list and their contributions that's the only explanation for a tab that's got more ratings than it's had views.

Just to comment on this, it's largely corrupt in the sense that there's often a "you rate mine 5, I'll do the same for you" culture among friends who are frequent contributors. They'll be right on it and rate just minutes after a tab is uploaded, regardless of the quality. Not fair, not cool, but it happens a lot. Often times you'll see some of the top contributors submitting 15 tabs at once, checking back when they're approved - each and every one of them having multiple 5 stars. Bogus of course. Preventable to some extent if friends were not allowed to rate friends' tabs, which I've suggested in the past.
We're working on something to stop such unfair ratings.
Quote by zappp
I just submitted my first tab (don't expect it to become popular or anything) and was pleased to see a "+5" by it. Little did I know it was a sole tab moderator's vote :/

So, for all I know, the tab moderator didn't even listen to the song and compare it to my tab?
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
^^^Not really what I'm on about - that's just how a tab is approved, can't expect the moderators to play every submission, just make sure it's not a duplicate and is formatted properly - which they don't always do.

Quote by fanapathy
.. it's largely corrupt in the sense that there's often a "you rate mine 5, I'll do the same for you" culture among friends who are frequent contributors. They'll be right on it and rate just minutes after a tab is uploaded, regardless of the quality.

I kinda guessed that was what was really happening especially the ones where every tab has about 4/5 5 star ratings regardless of the amount of views and within hours of it being uploaded.
Last edited by xxxxChrisTxxxx at Jan 15, 2015,
Quote by jhalterman
I just submitted my first tab (don't expect it to become popular or anything) and was pleased to see a "+5" by it. Little did I know it was a sole tab moderator's vote :/

So, for all I know, the tab moderator didn't even listen to the song and compare it to my tab?

We can have over 1000 tabs waiting for approval at any given time. How long do you think it would take for the small handful of us to sit and listen to 1000 songs and compare them to every tab submitted? It would take months to get a tab approved at that rate. We check to see if it's formatted properly and make sure it's not a duplicate. That's about it. It's up to the general public and the ratings system to tell you how good or accurate your tab is.

I know the ratings system is getting an overhaul. I don't have any specific information about when it is happening. The mods do know that it is not a perfect system as is.
I assumed this group of tab moderators was quite large given the nature of this site

If you approve them at a given rate, do you just remove/delete any tabs that are 3 stars or below after a certain amount of people have voted? It makes no sense for 'Thunderstruck' to have 8 tabs when 2 of them are 3 stars with 41 and 12 votes, respectively.
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route