Hey guys, so it's that time of the year again and I'm going guitar hunting for my 21st birthday in a few weeks and I want something good and this caught my eye...

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/ESP-E-II-Mystique-QM-NT-Electric-Guitar-Marine/ZKG?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+ESP+Guitars&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=All+Products.+ESP+Guitars&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=46096d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=84604334004&gclid=Cj0KEQiAq_SkBRC3jLvJ1IPt2eIBEiQASUZy11wuqIaJRSz3MYTEKHr62lpXOFY6iVlraT8fiXRBXucaAvxO8P8HAQ

Now, I know that ESP has had a major change up lately and the names have gone a bit wonky.

So... Is it now?

LTD
LTD Elite (Discontiuned)
E=II
ESP

I've heard that the E=II's are a replacement for the ESP standard line, is this true? I own an ESP Alexi so I was really liking the quality of ESP stuff, but if the quality isn't there, I may give it a miss and attempt to find a PRS or something similar to the Mystique... The only issue I really have with the E=II line are active electronics and floyds. So yeah, am I right with all this?

Also what's the quality on these E=II's like? I've not seen many NGD's from people that have them.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yes from my understanding the E-II is the new standard series. I have not actually seen one in person, but I would imagine they are very nice guitars like the old standard series.

Look for a used PRS CE24, they are very good guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
E-II's are very nice, extremely well put together down to each individual fret. Worth the $2k or so asking price.
Quote by JGM258
E-II's are very nice, extremely well put together down to each individual fret. Worth the $2k or so asking price.

They are not worth $2k at all, $1300ish is a decent price. But personally I'd just buy a used ESP standard series.

Besides the E-II and new ESP logo's look like crap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
PRS's are hard to come buy in the UK. Seems that if people get one, they like to keep hold of em!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
E-II guitars are what the old esp standards were. The actual esps are now what the old production customs used to be. Then comes your custom shop ordered guitars.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by Robbgnarly
They are not worth $2k at all, $1300ish is a decent price. But personally I'd just buy a used ESP standard series.

Besides the E-II and new ESP logo's look like crap

$2k for Europe, $1500-1600 for US is fair in my eyes. Used is always better value for money. I miss mine, didn't like the sound of it at the time because I was too damn dumb to realize my amp was crap at low volumes. Not that I don't love my current guitar, just would rather have a FR and 24 super jumbo frets and SD pups(compared to 22, medium jumbo, and a wilkinson)
The E2's range from about 1.3 to 2K depending on retailer/model over here.I'm tempted by a Horizon or an EC with the Duncan instead of the EMG's though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
dunno if this is any help but

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1654223

specifically post #11. apparently the edwardses are now 100% MIJ again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mmm, importing might be a way to go, but I'm a bit concerned about doing it as I've never done it and I don't want to deal with not having a warranty because it's imported and things coming out damaged out of the case.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If something is damaged on delivery then its the shipping insurance, not the warranty that you'll be dependent on. If you do look to importing, the yen is very weak right now, so you're liable to get a good deal. Ishibashi music is probably the easiest to deal with, they have an english phone line and very very good prices. They will sell new stuff as well, even if it isnt noted on the site (epiphone and gibson are exceptions, but they were willing to ship Edwards and ESP when I checked)
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Thanks for all the helpful advice in the thread, does anyone know if Jericho Music from France will ship to the UK and if any of them have an English team? Spotted an E=II I was wanting on there that's discontinued and I don't speak a word of French.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Join us on the PRS front. If you get me a budget i can find something really pretty. Also know a couple ESP horizon in DBSB going for sale too.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Yeah for some reason I dislike the E-II's. Maybe because the logo sucks or because it seemed such an unnessicary change
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I 2nd what Shredx says too.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
ESP original prices, E-II name. Just no. Sad part is, I want a horizon iii but that logo is killing it for me.