I've just added a Boss GE-7 to my pedalboard and all of a sudden I seem to be having volume issues. Everything goes well and then all of a sudden the volume drops, sometimes almost to the point of silence and after a short while, the volume comes back again. I've checked the connections and everything seems to be connected OK so does anyone have an idea what's wrong. At the moment it's running like this:

Guitar....Tuner....Boss NS-2....Mark Tremonti Wah....Carl Martin Quattro (Compressor & Overdrives)....Amp....Boss NS-2....Boss GE-7....Carl Martin Quattro (Chorus & Delay)....Amp
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Ironically, the problem most people have with the GE-7 is that it's TOO noisy. How are you powering it?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
A Sound Lab Pedal Power 450
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I assume the 9v cables are in good condition; I know the sound will cut out with my brick if they're not. What are your noise gate settings?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by diabolical
I'm thinking it might be the two noise gates running in the chain, maybe eq before the second noise gate? Power it on batteries for a test.

I don't think he meant 2 noise gates, I think its just the one NS-2 with 2 sets of jacks (input/output and send/return)
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I don't think he meant 2 noise gates, I think its just the one NS-2 with 2 sets of jacks (input/output and send/return)

Gotcha, he's probably running all these in the loop...take out the noise gate and troubleshoot your setup, deal with a little noise. If no issue remains, it is the noise gate, that's my first guess.
I am indeed using the one NS-2 before the amp and in the loop. I may look at going back to an ISP Decimator by itself in the loop as it was both more effective and easier. I check into the solutions suggested.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1