Quote by Will Lane
You would have to contact the store that is holding them.

+1 call the store and ask them for more pic's. GC has a 30 day return policy on their used gear.
Ask them about fret wear, scratches/chips in the finish, pickups in it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
+1 call the store and ask them for more pic's. GC has a 30 day return policy on their used gear.

Probably not, but i want to ask this just for assurance

Would GC sell a used guitar that might have cracking or bending or a bad fretboard etc...?
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Probably not, but i want to ask this just for assurance

Would GC sell a used guitar that might have cracking or bending or a bad fretboard etc...?

Typically the gear is all good, but sometimes you might get a bad one. That is the drawback to buying used sight unseen
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Can someone tell me what the other picksup are

Some are the EMG pickups put some of the other ones of a different set of pick ups on them. What are those?
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Can someone tell me what the other picksup are

Some are the EMG pickups put some of the other ones of a different set of pick ups on them. What are those?

I don't really understand your question here.

Do you mean what are other types of pickups that are available in that guitar model or pickups in general? There are 10,000's of pickups you can choose from.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I don't really understand your question here.

Do you mean what are other types of pickups that are available in that guitar model or pickups in general? There are 10,000's of pickups you can choose from.

In the pictures some of the listings have the EMG 81 TW/EMG 89 pick ups

And some of the others have passive pick ups. I didnt know if the models came with different pick ups or if someone took out those emgs and switched with their own

Those EMGs didnt get the best reviews
Quote by ibanezn00b5
In the pictures some of the listings have the EMG 81 TW/EMG 89 pick ups

And some of the others have passive pick ups. I didnt know if the models came with different pick ups or if someone took out those emgs and switched with their own

Those EMGs didnt get the best reviews

OK I see, the older Paul A PRS had passive PRS designed pickups, the more recent ones have active EMG pickups.

I'm not a big fan of actives, but the EMG loaded versions are deff better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
OK I see, the older Paul A PRS had passive PRS designed pickups, the more recent ones have active EMG pickups.

I'm not a big fan of actives, but the EMG loaded versions are deff better.

Yeah i like passives better also. Hm, maybe i can just get the active ones and switch to better sounding actives. Or have someone convert it to a passive, i dont trust myself with that
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Yeah i like passives better also. Hm, maybe i can just get the active ones and switch to better sounding actives. Or have someone convert it to a passive, i dont trust myself with that

If you don't want the actives, get the model with passives in it. To swap all the electronics from active to passive (or vice versa) will cost more money. The guitars themselves will be the same quality besides the finish options that were available. The only real differences are pickups and finish
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If you don't want the actives, get the model with passives in it. To swap all the electronics from active to passive (or vice versa) will cost more money. The guitars themselves will be the same quality besides the finish options that were available. The only real differences are pickups and finish

Gotcha. Thanks mate! Yeah i find picking incredibly hard with EMGs or its just because im not used to playing on a guitar with those in it
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Gotcha. Thanks mate! Yeah i find picking incredibly hard with EMGs or its just because im not used to playing on a guitar with those in it

I just know I prefer the feel of passives over actives.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

I just know I prefer the feel of passives over actives.

Sent a few emails to GC stores, hope they dont take to long with getting back to me -_- The suspense is killing me
Quote by ibanezn00b5
Sent a few emails to GC stores, hope they dont take to long with getting back to me -_- The suspense is killing me

Actually call the store the instruments are in and talk to a real person, you'll get better info faster, and know for sure that the item is still available

I do this and then I pay over the phone if I like what they have. It has worked out quite a few times in my favor
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Will Lane
Alternatively you could locate a guitar like what you want and go to the nearest GC that has one...

But that requires travel. Bleh.

No one in iowa has that guitar Closest is like Kansas city or Illinois I just hit up the GC in michigan and bought it. So im now a proud owner of a PA SE old model with the prs hsf pickups ^_^
I actually bought this guitar used a few years back from the gc website, it came with Seymour Duncan blackouts and for 399 I couldn't pass on the deal. I still have the guitar and It still works perfectly fine and I haven't taken it to a repair shop since gc it up.
Quote by christhehammett
I actually bought this guitar used a few years back from the gc website, it came with Seymour Duncan blackouts and for 399 I couldn't pass on the deal. I still have the guitar and It still works perfectly fine and I haven't taken it to a repair shop since gc it up.

What amp do you use? And what genres you play on it? Im mainly using it for metal. Mostly melodic death or black. And metalcore