I've been practicing on my computer lately where I can record myself and get lots of backing tracks on youtube. My problem is the computer speakers..they cant hold up very long, before they start to sound like crap. Just wondering what anyone else is using if there playing through there computer.
I run my pc through my hifi.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I use relatively cheap bose speakers and am about to get some HS8's.

If you're on the cheap I'd suggest a half decent audio interface, say a mackie onyx blackjack, and a pair of JBL LSR305.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Im using Boss Gt 10 then plugged into my sound blaster live 5.1 sound card on computer. Ill check on these monitors..they look much better than what I got...thanks..
Last edited by Quazzar at Dec 26, 2014,
I would heavily suggest getting an amp. If that is impossible, then, you shall consider buying an interface if you do not already own one. Something like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or any of its competitors. This interface allows you to control the guitar signal, and has headphones and monitor outputs. Then you shall get a set of ACTIVE NEARFIELD monitors. These vary in price smaller once can be as cheap as 100 euro. If you have already guitar simulation software combining these items listed above would do the job. But all of this equipment would easily allow you to get a decent tube amp with the same money spent.

I have recorded 2 tracks, one with an amp and pedals using an SM57 and another track simulating the same amp, same pedals and sm57. the one with the amp blew the other one away. If you are interested in comparing them, contact me and I will send them to you.