Hello, I 'v had PA's laying around my house for years and never got much use so I bought a zoom g3 to run through them. To my sorta kinda trained ear it sounds fine. Lately though I have been questioning if I should have gotten an amp instead. I was thinking of picking up a Fender mustange v2 II or a champion 40. But I would hate to buy one or something equivalent i e under 300 and have it sound worse then my Zoom through my PA. Kinda dumb I know.

PS no music stores in my area so would have to order online and returns are a pain.

My music styles: surf rock, rock, punk rock
The Zoom G3 is a great unit. Using a multi fx modeller like that direct into a PA isn't uncommon, you'll often see it recommended here.

I'd definitely say you don't need a modelling amp to add to your setup, what you have is fine.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If it sounds good on stage and out in the crowd, and you're confident, then nope you don't need an amp.

The only thing you might want to consider is cabinet/speaker simulation through a direct box or another source. But that's up to you.
Quote by Will Lane
The only thing you might want to consider is cabinet/speaker simulation through a direct box or another source. But that's up to you.

The G3 has this included in it's amp sims, you can choose a range of different cabs for all of them
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The G3 has this included in it's amp sims, you can choose a range of different cabs for all of them

yep its pretty nifty
I'd actually say that the Zoom is a better option than any modeling amp you can buy short of Kemper stuff. Unless you want to/can buy a tube amp or a good solid state I'd say you have a nice rig already.
In the 90's I played a lot of solo and duo gigs using midi sound moduals and drum machines and went directly into the PA with my guitar using a programmable Ibanez (and later) Boss multi effects pedals. It worked great for me but I found my guitar was often louder in the PA than the vocals or anything else because I couldn't hear it as well. If you are using the PA for vocals or other instuments at the same time I suggest you get a decent personal monitor so you can hear yourself better and get a better balance. If you are just using the PA as a guitar amp and nothing else, go for it.