It wont make a noticeable difference to your tone however I do like using similar style plugs with my pedals as I feel that a solid metal connector is less likely to fail that a bent over cable. They also do an offset one for using pedals from different manufacturers where the plug will be a different height.
Don't waste your time and money on them. I bought several of the straight ones like you posted a link to and bought several of the offset ones. I thought they would be the greatest thing to have since they eliminate the cables from the pedal chain, but they have a big down fall.

They are a pain in the but to connect 2 pedals together if you have your pedals attached to a pedal board since you need to slide them together. Then you need to make sure they are perfectly lined up for the jacks are not being stressed since there's no give like having a cable. The straight ones only work decent with 2 pedals from the same company (i.e Boss) that are the same exact shape and size and the jacks are in the exact same position/height.

The offset ones that you would use for connecting 2 different styles/brands of pedals are even more finicky. Once you pivot it for the 2-3 pedals jacks line up, you need to really watch the position closely at the base of the pedal. If you have them even slightly off, it will actually slightly lift part of the pedal off the surface making them not sit flat like they should.

This puts stress on the input/outputs jacks on the pedals every time you step on the pedal to use it, this is not good and can cause premature failure of the jack. And pedals that don't actually have a nut securing the jack to the case then all that stress is going right into the circuit board that the jack is attached to.

If you just have a simple board setup where no pedals are attached to the board and just sitting on the surface, you wan't to avoid these like the plague. Your pedals will all shift around a little putting stress on the one your stepping on and all the others that are attached to it. You don't have this problem with regular patch cables since they are all flexible and when one pedal shifts a little it doesn't affect or put any pressure on any of the jacks of the pedals.

If you have a board where everything is attached and solid they could work great if you take the time to be certain you have everything lined up perfectly. The only problem is, if you have any problems with one of your pedals, or want to simply remove one from the chain, you will need to remove whatever ones are before or after it since they are all basically stuck together with solid rod. With patch cables, if you have enough space between them you can simply just unplug it without disrupting any of the others.

These were a great idea but have their problems, those problems IMO outweigh the benefits. I prefer to just use decent patch cables for ease of use, and not having to worry about any of my pedals being put under any unnecessary stress. Most people don't analyze things as thoroughly as I do, so what I find as less than acceptable in form, function and design, others may have no issues with it. YMMV.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Dec 27, 2014,
The main problem with those is that most pedal walls are not completely vertical. Thus you end up with putting pressure on the jacks, which can lead to damage.

Stick with cables as they will last longer
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen
The main problem with those is that most pedal walls are not completely vertical. Thus you end up with putting pressure on the jacks, which can lead to damage.

Stick with cables as they will last longer

Thanks for mentioning that since I forgot to add that to the downfalls. I experienced that problem to during my testing of these types of connectors. With this problem there's nothing you can do about it. The plugs are solid straight and fixed, there is no give whatsoever.
Thanks guys, i decided not to go for them. I'll be using the usual patchcables, thanks for warning!
Quote by one vision

You wouldn't dance to a metronome.

On meth you would.
Yeah, your best bet is some kind of solder free cable kit like Lava, George L or even Planet Waves. That way you can cut them fairly short but you'll still have the flex you need.

It is true that the more cabling you have the more "tone loss" you'll suffer. But any pedal with a decent buffer, or a buffer pedal itself will cure the problem. To be honest I don't find the tone loss completely undesirable as all it really amounts to is a gradual roll off on the treble. It's a great way to tame the highs on bright amps and there are many guitarists (Hendrix, SRV) who used incredibly long cables just for this effect.
yeah as they've been saying I think those type of ones can put strain on your pedals

if you really care about tonesuck, just use a decent buffer. what pedals do you already have? you might already have a buffer in your chain, in which case it shouldn't make any difference anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?