So recently I have started getting into pedals. I have a wah, distortion, and looper. Going to get an overdrive soon. I don't think I have a need for a pedalboard yet. However, pluggin in 4 separate adapters is a real pain. What should I do?
"Sometimes you have to go insane, to out sane the sane"- Mortecai
Get something like the One-spot, it has 5 daisy chained adapters. They run $30ish.

I bought one from guitarfetish.com that works awesome and it was only $10ish
www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Electronics-5-position-9-Volt-AC-Adapter_p_1170.html

If one of your power adapters you have enough mA (400-500mA will typically be enough to power 5 pedals) you can buy one of these adapters for $4
www.guitarfetish.com/5-Position-DC-Adapter-Cable_p_1318.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 27, 2014,
Pedal Power 2 plus if you have the budget for it; if you don't plan on getting more than 5 pedals, I'd say an Iso-5 since its cheaper, but I dunno if it'll work with your looper (what model is it?).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I have a digitech jamman. I plan on getting more than five, but not for a while.
If I were you I'd use the dedicated adapter for the looper and a One Spot for everything else. It'll run 4-6 pedals fine, but it may fry your looper.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
First, make a list of each pedal including voltage, AC or DC, tip pos or tip neg, mA draw, and adapter barrel size to see if you have common ground. Maybe 3 pedals will be compatible and two will not. Your looper is 9VAC so not compatible with Boss or other 9VDC pedals. Not likely one power supply will do it all unless you spend $300 for some boutique power supply. Even the Voodoo does not do AC.

Sometimes the simplest answer is to mount a power strip on your board and keep them all plugged in to their factory AC adapter.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy

Sometimes the simplest answer is to mount a power strip on your board and keep them all plugged in to their factory AC adapter.

Not if you've got a few ehx pedals, they have Atari size adapters. The One Spot is extremely convenient. $30 to power a few common pedals. I keep a spare around that's still nib. I wouldn't power a very big board with it, I'd say 6 max, but even just to consolidate 2-4 pedals makes it well worth the price.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
+1 for the One Spot , never had a problem (touch wood) no hiss. Some pedals require a different power supply.
Quote by Guitar137335
+1 for the One Spot , never had a problem (touch wood) no hiss. Some pedals require a different power supply.

That's why I was thinking the Pedal power 2 plus since the older digitech pedals were picky with 9V AC as opposed to DC; he'll need the adapter but he can plug it into the outlet on the back of the brick, and then have space for another 5 pedals as he goes along.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Right now I am using the dedicated adapter for my Ds-1 for the looper and it's working fine. as far as I know all my pedals are the same.
The One Spot comes with either a 5 chain adapter or an 8 chain adapter. I just got a backup to the one I've used for years and was surprised that it had an 8 chain cable instead of 5. Good inexpensive solution for multiple pedals. No noise or hum (in most cases).
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Dec 29, 2014,