Poll: Which one do you cut off?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one do you cut off?
Thumb
15 13%
Index
1 1%
Middle
8 7%
Ring
12 10%
Pinky
60 50%
Refuse and suffer misfortune for generations
23 19%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 2
So you're walking on a sunny summery day when you accidentally step on your neighbour's lawn. He's pretty angry, and it turns out he's a Gypsy and so he casts a curse on you. Naturally, you call up an expert on Gypsy curses and she tells you that in order to reverse the curse, you must remove one finger from your fretting hand.

Which one do you cut off?
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Pinky, never use it anyway.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Pinky, never use it anyway.

QFT. Pinky, for sure.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Pinky, altough i like to play add9 chords alot and extended chords .. but pinky it is..
Quote by one vision

You wouldn't dance to a metronome.

On meth you would.
Later pinky. You picked my nose pretty good, and those classy drinking days have now come to an end, but you will be missed.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Eastwinn
all of them

Slap bass never made more sense.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i only really use index, middle, and pinky playing bass, its awkward to use the ring on the lower frets I've found, so probably that finger
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I say ring. Pinky is actually more useful than ring imo, at least for leads and stuff.
Quote by Skullivan
I say ring. Pinky is actually more useful than ring imo, at least for leads and stuff.

Lollllllllll gl with barre chords there django
I was going to make a pretty crude joke involving your mother, my remaining fingers, and sex, but decided against it
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I chose none. But if I absolutely had to choose, it would be my dear, dear pinky.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
My second pinky. Good thing I have 6 fingers on my left hand.

actually i don't, them jokes
When I play I accidently skip my middle, bad technique, so it wouldn't matter.
Ring finger so I can never get married and I'm always giving the shocker.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My family was cursed by gypsies generations ago, it hasn't done much.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
That gypsy example is so random and unnecessary. You couldn't of just went with losing a finger in a meat grinder as an example?

Anyways, I could probably play without a ring finger
Ring finger

Because i'll never need it anyway...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by MeTallIcA313
That gypsy example is so random and unnecessary. You couldn't of just went with losing a finger in a meat grinder as an example?

I deal with gypsies about as much as meat grinders in my everyday life. Actually probably more gypsies. Or at least the song gypsies by Fleetwood Mac.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Lose the ring finger to use my newly acquired hidden blade on my neighbor's throat.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
at first thought it was pinky but then i thought it would be easy enough to play barre chords using the pinky instead of ring and then you'd still get the long reach available with pinky. but i still might go with pinky.
I didn't know the thumb was included in this at first

But thumb

Ring close second cause ring fingers are really stupid as fingers go. They have to move when your pinky moves.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by MeTallIcA313

This, except I would just quit playing guitar altogether
Couldn't choose any of 'em. Was gonna go with thumb but I use it a lot for jazzy/bluesy chords. And I use my pinky a lot. As far as generations of misfortune goes, I don't plan on having kids anyway.
I'd lose the pinky. On the other hand, I've always been unlucky anyway, and I don;t see myself having kids, so I'd just barricade the gypsy in his house and burn it down.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I chose thumb because you could make some kind of neck-support band that straps around your wrist. If thumb doesn't count for some reason, then ring.
Don't see why do many people go for ring finger.... Your pinky is entirely useless at least your ring finger is a decent finger... A bit bigger even than your index finger.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Cardbored
Lose the ring finger to use my newly acquired hidden blade on my neighbor's throat.

So silly. Da Vinci's trolled you good.
Page 1 of 2