Page 1 of 2
Your dedicated portable music player- where is it? With mobile phones becoming an all-in-one device for everything imaginable and the advent of streaming services such as Rdio and Spotify, let's see what serious music fans are doing with their iPod/Zune devices.

I've made this thread before elsewhere thinking I might be the only person who still uses one of these. Even amongst avid music fans, many have turned to their mobiles for listening to music on the go. I've used an iPod Classic for years and will very likely continue to do so forever. I have Spotify and Google Play and only use it for when my iPod isn't available or to complement my collection when I haven't yet updated, but I like the convenience of having local accessibility, not draining my phone battery, having material not available in other media... other reasons.
There was that one thing that was supposed to be super hifi but everyone hates it
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Dude, I still wear my headphones under my black hoodie with my fingerless gloves. The headphones aren't plugged into anything, but I need to keep up my rep as king skinny emo ass eater.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I still use my iPod classic. My android phone won't sync with iTunes and I won't get my plays scrobbled to lastfm otherwise.

Even when I had an iPhone I would still use the iPod separately. I could fit more and wouldn't drain my battery. I'd only use the phone if I wanted to play music out loud.
Who even listens to music on the go. Give it a break already, sheesh

Can ya not go 10 minutes of your day without having to be engaged with something outside yourself? And don't get me started on these people blaring Now That's What I Call Bait House Bangers on the bus
Don't know probably lost it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i don't have a usb flash drive/whatever you want to call it, so my ipod was last used as one of those to transfer some shit from my old pc to my new one

now it's just rotting on the bookshelf in my closet
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Anyways, you don't need a portable device to be considered a serious music fan.

That wasn't what I said.
My dad was telling me a few weeks ago about how the older iPods (like 120 GB) are selling for significantly more $ now, since Apple doesn't make anything beyond 64GB, and anything past 16GB warrants buying an iTouch for at least $249.
Quote by Skullivan
My dad was telling me a few weeks ago about how the older iPods (like 120 GB) are selling for significantly more $ now, since Apple doesn't make anything beyond 64GB, and anything past 16GB warrants buying an iTouch for at least $249.

I forgot to mention this, thanks.

If you still have your iPod classic, you can sell it for 100% of what you paid for it, or perhaps even more these days. Apple had stopped making them recently and dweebs like me are still holding onto this archaic piece of ancient history, start searching your attics/basements.
I use a walkman mp3 player in my car. I don't have or want a smartphone and even if I had one I'd rather not drain my battery playing music when I have a perfectly good mp3 player that I can just leave in my car except for when I occasionally add or remove music.
I finally threw out my minidisc player a few months back, which was the last remnant of my days before using my phone for music

Quote by Amuro Jay
I still use my iPod classic. My android phone won't sync with iTunes and I won't get my plays scrobbled to lastfm otherwise.

Even when I had an iPhone I would still use the iPod separately. I could fit more and wouldn't drain my battery. I'd only use the phone if I wanted to play music out loud.

simple last.fm app + 64gb micro sd card takes care of me fine here.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
My phone doesn't have much space so I still use my iPod Touch. Plus I don't have an adapter to play music off my phone in the car. So yea, I use my iPod everyday while driving
i have been using it in my car for music and i feel that it was a very good idea since it helps me keep my phone not dead and has room for much more music. however that is still limited use on a daily basis because drivingin thecity sucks
I still have the very first iTouch that came out around '05. Wonder how much that sells for
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Been using an iPod touch since '09.

Quote by Cardbored
I still have the very first iTouch that came out around '05. Wonder how much that sells for
First one didn't come out until '07 you dolt.

Although I still have my first one too. The screen is cracked though.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Dec 27, 2014,
My Zune won't hold it's charge like it used to so I bought an SD card for my Galaxy S4 and put all my music there. Now I don't have to take my Zune with me in my car and my phone's battery lasts longer because I don't have to stream music. My Zune stays at home where I still use it.

I dislike using free radio and streaming services. When I want to listen to a song I will pick it and not wait for it to come on goddammit!
Last edited by metaldud536 at Dec 27, 2014,
I use my phone SOMETIMES if I'm out longboarding and want some jamz

I generally do prefer to save my listening and music things for at home
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I have an iPod classic that I love but I have no music on it unfortunately since I don't have a computer that I can run iTunes on
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have a rip off iPod nano I still use, because I have a brick phone.

...that I can't replace with something newer because I have a rep to keep up with now.
I use my phone for a small selection of music for short trips up to somewhere like the high street and back when I can't be bothered to take my iPod.

But for anything longer than that I take my beautiful 120GB iPod classic

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
On my bedside table, charging. Can't waste my phone battery on obnoxiously loud music, because I might want to, you know, phone someone.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
On my bedside table, charging. Can't waste my phone battery on obnoxiously loud music, because I might want to, you know, phone someone.

people still do that??
Quote by mind_meld
people still do that??

OK, by 'phone someone' I meant 'call a sex line, cry deeply, and demand a refund'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I still have my mp3 player, my cd player and my walkman though I never use the walkman. Where is your god now?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
OK, by 'phone someone' I meant 'call a sex line, cry deeply, and demand a refund'.

like a baws?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
The day Tim Cook slated the iPod Classic was a sad one. Like the most reliable device I have ever used, not even exaggerating.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
In the garbage can.

I have a 64gb iPhone. If I wanted to, I could put all my music on it. But I mainly use the iCloud/iHeartRadio to play music. Why the hell would I bother with a shitty mp3 device?
my iPod is still lyin' around here somewhere.
i'd use it all the time if the headphone jack wasn't broken.
the headphone jack on my iPhone is also broken.
i either listen to CDs or npr in the car.
i have a crummy RCA mp3 player that runs on a AAA battery, i bought it for when i am exercising, which i was doing at one point believe it or not.
i still use mine. its a 3rd gen itouch from like junior year of high school.

i have a samsung s5 so i cant put my itunes library on it, nor would i want to. i dont listen to music outside of the house unless im at the gym, in which cause i use my ipod shuffle and clip it onto my shorts. i use the ipod when im just laying down chilling or sometimes in my car
pinga
I lost my mp3 player about a month and a half ago which is terrible because I nearly only listened to music when I'm walking or in the car as a passenger. It was the only place where I had all my music too. I transferred some of it to my phone while I don't find it (which I hope I do) but nearly all of my stuff is in wma format and I have to convert the songs one by one so I've only got like 5 albums there. Sucks. I'm still hoping to find it, it was probably my most durable mp3, had it since 2009 I think. But I'm close to losing hope tbh.
I have a ipod nano that I bought this year that I use for most of my music listening. I do most of my listening in the car when driving, in the gym, or going for a run. I'm not about to wear my almost-phablet on my arm to listen to music in the gym or while on a run. The little ol' Nano is perfect
My God, it's full of stars!
My Cowon i10 is onthe mantelpiece and I use it everyday.

And if it stops working I'll get another one, somehow.

I can't stand using my phone as a portable music player. And I can't understand how people do.

It eats up all my battery.

Doesn't last half as long as my cowon even when I'm not using it to listen to music.

Has lower sound quality than my cowon.

Also, often, I like sitting down somewhere outside, read my feeds while listening to music. And it's a pain in the ass to do it withg one device...don't like the song? Exit the application, or pull down the notification bar, change song, reenter reading application, waste time.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by metaldud536
I dislike using free radio and streaming services. When I want to listen to a song I will pick it and not wait for it to come on goddammit!

So much this.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Page 1 of 2