There is an established a7x thread in the modern rock forum, it doesn't belong here.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Kytokinesis
There is an established a7x thread in the modern rock forum, it doesn't belong here.

I miss the City of Evil days. If they still sounded like that, it'd belong here.
What's the deal with Avenged Sevenfold?

Who are they avenging?

And why are they doing it seven times?

You have someone serious here finally. I really like Avenged Sevenfold, not as much as the classic bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica etc. but the best modern metal band out there that I have heard.

Their first three albums were pretty cool, I hated a few songs on their self-titled record but some songs were just great (Critical Acclaim, Afterlife, A Little Piece of Heaven). Nightmare again had some really good songs but some songs were a bit too slow and boo-hoo-ish (yes there is such a word... Okay fine there isn't) like Save Me and Victim. So Far Away and Fiction are both really good songs and I understand their emotions and stuff, but we need more songs like Nightmare, Welcome To The Family and Natural Born Killer on the album.

As for Hail to the King, I'm surprised by the amount of hate it's getting because I thought it was a really solid heavy metal album. Some of the songs get boring in the middle, but I can't single out a single song I didn't like. It receives a lot of criticism for This Means War and its huge similarity to Sad But True, but I felt that This Means War was more of a tribute to the song which is why the riff and the verse vocals are based on it, but the lyrics and chorus are completely different. Sad But True is the better song though, of course.

I will most definitely get A7X's next album, but I hope it has many fast songs like Hail To The King, but they should make efforts to stop ripping off their influences in broad daylight lol.
Quote by josonmj
You have someone serious here finally. I really like Avenged Sevenfold, not as much as the classic bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica etc. but the best modern metal band out there that I have heard.

Their first three albums were pretty cool, I hated a few songs on their self-titled record but some songs were just great (Critical Acclaim, Afterlife, A Little Piece of Heaven). Nightmare again had some really good songs but some songs were a bit too slow and boo-hoo-ish (yes there is such a word... Okay fine there isn't) like Save Me and Victim. So Far Away and Fiction are both really good songs and I understand their emotions and stuff, but we need more songs like Nightmare, Welcome To The Family and Natural Born Killer on the album.

As for Hail to the King, I'm surprised by the amount of hate it's getting because I thought it was a really solid heavy metal album. Some of the songs get boring in the middle, but I can't single out a single song I didn't like. It receives a lot of criticism for This Means War and its huge similarity to Sad But True, but I felt that This Means War was more of a tribute to the song which is why the riff and the verse vocals are based on it, but the lyrics and chorus are completely different. Sad But True is the better song though, of course.

I will most definitely get A7X's next album, but I hope it has many fast songs like Hail To The King, but they should make efforts to stop ripping off their influences in broad daylight lol.

muahah...the french...
Quote by severed-metal

RevEDIT: I have this picture on my ceiling because The Rev is above us rest in piece

Wow that's pretty awesome.
A7X is so XXXEDGEXXX OMG

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by josonmj
but the best modern metal band out there that I have heard.

Then your view of modern (as in, the last 5-10 years) metal is pretty fucking terrible.
Wow so many jealous haters. So many people who think they're better than A7X, hiding behind the rock of lies. Why am I not surprised?
wat r u talking about im a huge fan of dime he was taken too soon i listen to every A7X song the day he died
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I'm surprised anyone even remembers A7X existed.. they are the most piece of shit band I've heard in my life.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Can I use this?

No it's patented and it's also a trademark. (The Rock of Lies&trade