The time has come. Lazaretto has inspired me to invest in a fuzz pedal and I need recommendations.

Budget: $150
Area: Nashville, TN
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
what kind of fuzz are you looking for. fuzz isn't all that generic in terms of sound. some are very aggressive with a lot of distortion and some aren't.

Dunlop Fuzz Face and EH Big Muff tend to be the go to fuzz's but there are a ton of them out there.
(In order of highest rec to lowest)

Park Fuzz Sound: $175 Boutique Fuzz, smooth and natural

Walrus Audio Iron Horse: $169 Not a "Fuzz" pedal, but gets Fuzzy/sags

EHX Big Muff (Fullsize, Mini, Nano): ~$80 Is this even a Fuzz pedal? It gets Fuzzy easily.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 28, 2014,
vick audio makes a great pedal in the 80-130 range.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Dec 28, 2014,
If you're a tweaky, tone-picky bugger like me I'd say either the deluxe big muff pi or way huge swollen pickle to help you get close to exact tones.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Announce where in the fuzz range you want it...

Melodic ------ Blues ---- Spaghetti Western ------ Noise ------ Glitch Crazy
If you want something outrageous and uncontrollable i suggest the Zvex Fuzz Factory. Just got one myself and the thing is insane.
If it is Lazeretto type tones you are after, Jack White uses a Big Muff and a Woolly Mammoth if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by castrati_groove
If you want something outrageous and uncontrollable i suggest the Zvex Fuzz Factory. Just got one myself and the thing is insane.

Or that triangle fuzz thing that recently got attention. That things rips.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 28, 2014,
Quote by Will Lane
EHX Big Muff (Fullsize, Mini, Nano): ~$80 Is this even a Fuzz pedal? It gets Fuzzy easily.

Technically a Muff is not a fuzz circuit. But it sounds pretty close so most people lump Muffs into the fuzz category.
Zvex fuzzolo does something similar to the Wooly mammoth on a badget/reduced footprint.
Quote by greeny23
i second all 3 of these brands and pedals.

I heavily weigh the opinions of people who can recommend the products of their competitors. That speaks volumes about both sides of the equation.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I heavily weigh the opinions of people who can recommend the products of their competitors. That speaks volumes about both sides of the equation.

i'm a EQD and Catalinbread fanboy first and a builder second hahah

mojostompboxes.com
Cool, but there are too many people who cannot speak well of their rivals that it is refreshing to see it on the Internet, of all places!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Cool, but there are too many people who cannot speak well of their rivals that it is refreshing to see it on the Internet, of all places!

better not ask me about Joyo then.
mojostompboxes.com

I like your Siamese Dream fuzz pedal demo vid...have to give that some serious thought in 2015!