Firstly, let me start by saying that I'm not sure if this is the area where this post belongs, but I don't know where is, so never mind that.

I've been practicing a lot recently, whenever I can. The jack input at the base of my strat is loosening and I'm able to twist it around with my hand, and it's caused some response issues with guitar software I'm using, and it's been difficult with some things that require accuracy, namely the games that I'm using to learn. My question is: How do I fix this? I don't know how, but I don't want to spend money getting my guitar fixed unless it's absolutely necessary, and I also don't want to be without my guitar for a while. Anybody who can help me fix the loose jack input on my guitar, I thank you in advance for your help.

Also, is there anything I could do to prevent the jack input loosening? Like, have it replaced or install something? This is becoming a very irritating problem and it's hindering my session time.
1.remove the jack plate (a few Phillips head screws)
2.Hold the back side of the jack with your hand and tighten the nut on the outside with the appropriate size wrench.
3.put the jack plate back on the guitar.

Done
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
2.Hold the back side of the jack with your hand and tighten the nut on the outside with the appropriate size wrench.

Done

Boom.

Also, I heard that using clear nail polish helps to keep the jack in place. Might have been a different chemical mix, not sure.

While you're at it, make sure your connections are strong and spray some contact cleaner on it.
Quote by Will Lane
Boom.

Also, I heard that using clear nail polish helps to keep the jack in place. Might have been a different chemical mix, not sure.

While you're at it, make sure your connections are strong and spray some contact cleaner on it.

if you put a small dab on the threads it can help, basically like a poor mans lock-tite
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Done

Followed this, and it worked a charm. Thank you so much. However, now it's starting to loosen up a bit already, and the material where the screws go in is wearing away, and it's becoming seriously damaged and might not hold. Is there a way I can fix this so that it doesn't happen so easily, or won't ever happen again? Like, pay for a different pickup design or something?
Quote by Omninick
Followed this, and it worked a charm. Thank you so much. However, now it's starting to loosen up a bit already, and the material where the screws go in is wearing away, and it's becoming seriously damaged and might not hold. Is there a way I can fix this so that it doesn't happen so easily, or won't ever happen again? Like, pay for a different pickup design or something?

Just replace your jack input they're not expensive.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-Hardware_c_37.html
Quote by Omninick

put a little dab of fingernail polish on the threads then tighten the nut down.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate