So far Ive been playing on a roland micro cube. This is my second year of guitar playing so I think I deserve an upgrade.

I want an amp which will last me a good amount of time for a budget around 800eu (975 USD). I mostly play rock (the classics) and an occassional side step to metal (like the oldschool thrash metal sound) and blues.

Any ideas to het me going?
Want something gig worthy or not?

Are there any requirements, such as you want to use effects/type of tubes and stuff?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Give this info and we can help you better

What ...(Insert Gear?)... Threads

(what you should include to get good advice)

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Fisheth24
Want something gig worthy or not?

Are there any requirements, such as you want to use effects/type of tubes and stuff?

I doubt I will ever gig so not specifically but if its better than yes (if that makes sense).

I dont know anything about tubes other than you have amps with tubes. From what ive red tubes are the prefered sound although I cant confirm that from my own experience (never played a tube amp).

I kinda find it awesome to have a pedalboard although thats beyond my knowledge right now so for effects yes but not right now.
Peavey Classic 30 would be a good choice for what your doing and you could keep some of the extra money left over for two or three pedals and pedal board
Quote by Fumble fingers
Peavey Classic 30 would be a good choice for what your doing and you could keep some of the extra money left over for two or three pedals and pedal board

Classic would be wrong for a Thrash tone though
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Robbgnarly
Give this info and we can help you better

Had most of it I think but here you go

Budget: 800eu (975 USD) if its really needed I can go up (+/-100/150) but prefer to stay on budget
Genres: Rock (the classics) some metal (metallica, slayer, testemant, arch enemy), blues (love the clapton songs)
New or used: Prefer new
Home or Gig: Home use
Closest City: I live in the Netherlands
Current Gear: Epiphone les paul standard
This head
www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm

This cab
www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

Use the rest of the money you saved to buy something like this
www.thomann.de/intl/line6_pod_hd500x.htm

You would have a great sounding, extremely versatile rig
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Blackstar HT5R, loads of gain, goes pretty dam loud too if you need it, has emulated outputs for recording, input for a CD player to play along to, effects loop for pedals etc etc and it uses valves for it's sound.