Hi everyone.

I´m about to change the pickups in my ESP LTD 6-string baritone. Instead of the stock active EMGs I want to put passive Di Marzio D Activator X in there - both for neck and bridge. But I´m not a tech type and don´t exactly know what else I need to get: I guess changing from active to passive will require different pots - but what kind of pots? 250k? 500k? Other? There are three pots on that guitar: neck volume, bridge volume and master tone - what pots should I get for those three positions? And what else do I need to get?

Thanx in advance for your replies!
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Harley Benton, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
25K pots and I think you need to wire in another wire too. I don't really know, so I'll wait for someone else to chime in.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
500k. 25k are for actives and 250k are for single coils.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
500k. 25k are for actives and 250k are for single coils.

Listen to this, I don't know what I'm talking about
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
^ LOL

I have a bunch of posts like that too When I think back to some of my old posts... wow.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
500k, OK.... and linear or logarithmic?
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Harley Benton, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Use LOG pots for Volume controls, and, LINEAR pots for Tone. CTS or alpha pots i normally use.

Might wanna grab a nice quality switch and jack though too.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Use LOG pots for Volume controls, and, LINEAR pots for Tone. CTS or alpha pots i normally use.

Might wanna grab a nice quality switch and jack though too.

I already got a better switch, the stock one was genuine crap.... so jack too? OK. Thanx.
Yeah a mono jack cause EMGs have the stereo jack
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
You don't need a new jack. The old stereo one will work just fine. But you do need to wire a ground to the bridge.
Quote by JELIFISH19
You don't need a new jack. The old stereo one will work just fine. But you do need to wire a ground to the bridge.

Thanx for the wiring advice. But I will change the jack anyway, not due to the stereo/mono issue, but just because it´s the same rubbish quality as the switch. I would pop in a mono Switchcraft or something like that.