hey guys,

i've got Pro Tools Express so i don't have the vacuum plugin, I'm wanting to make some dub step style basses and sounds including wobbles, but i don't seem to have anything useable unless i haven't dug deep enough. Can anyone out there recommended any good free oscillators that i could use? i guess I'm looking for something similar to NI Massive. BTW Pro Tools can't run VST's

thanks.
Programmers need a (paid) licence to be able to create RTAS and AAX plugins, so you'll not really find much, let alone much good stuff.

Pro tools is also the last thing people use to make electronic music, so it's not like you'll find anything really worth looking at even if you had money to spend on it.

If you really don't think you'll be better off switching to a different DAW, have a look at this:
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2014/2/16/5-free-pro-tools-synth-plug-ins-worth-checking-out-updated.html
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The trouble is that I don't want to go spend hundreds of dollars on DAWs and synths as I am not sure if I will continue producing music on PC often. On top of that, I just don't have any money to use for this anyway.

That's why I'm trying to make do but I can't seem to find a synth that actually has multiple oscillators where I can choose the waveforms and get some good sounds out of the synth, it seems like every synth only runs on presets and I'd rather start from scratch and fiddle around until I get something good.

Thanks for always answering my threads by the way spambot
Quote by GuitarHawk99
The trouble is that I don't want to go spend hundreds of dollars on DAWs and synths as I am not sure if I will continue producing music on PC often. On top of that, I just don't have any money to use for this anyway.
Reaper's free trial lasts forever and the licence you'd get is $60.
It works with whatever plugin you throw at it.

If you happen to work with a mac, logic's $200 and with it you get any synth you might want.
Plus samples and samples and samples and samples and fx processors.
Quote by GuitarHawk99
Thanks for always answering my threads by the way spambot
We all gotta learn somewhere, don't we?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Dec 29, 2014,
So if I used reaper or even logic, I would still have to buy synths, however I would be able to use other plugin formats?

I know Its you get what you pay for when it comes to equipment and software, but is there anything that you know of that has oscillators which allow me to create new patches instead of having to load presets? -- even if it's a demo I could probably make do
Last edited by GuitarHawk99 at Dec 29, 2014,
Quote by GuitarHawk99
So if I used reaper or even logic, I would still have to buy synths, however I would be able to use other plugin formats?
Yes.

And since they support open plugin formats you'd find much more decent free stuff.
Also logic comes with good synths right out of the box.
Quote by GuitarHawk99
is there anything that you know of that has oscillators which allow me to create new patches instead of having to load presets? -- even if it's a demo I could probably make do
Number 1, 3 and 5 from that list I posted before let you do that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola