Is it because nobody can match Layne? Nobody can be innovative with riffs like JerryNot even to sound just like them.... the question is really why don't rock bands rock? What is going on that the new guys can't leave a legacy behind?
Because you touch yourself during the day time.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Because you touch yourself during the day time.

If that will prevent another Alice in Chains, I can't wait for tomorrow.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Not sure how long this thread will go for, but there should be a Jerry Cantrell sub-forum on UG. The man is a treasure.
Because that singer is phenomenal. He is literally the best singer that ever existed.

Black hole sun. WON'T YOU COME......

And waaaashhhh awaaaayyy the Rain!

Huuge AiC fan
why don't

rock bands

rock?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote by Fat Lard
Because that singer is phenomenal. He is literally the best singer that ever existed.

/thread
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
/thread

Honestly.

AAAHHHHHHHHH EeeSheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them bones

Doing his songs poorly on karaoke is BOUND to get you laid
Quote by Fat Lard
Doing his songs poorly on karaoke is BOUND to get you laid

FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
This guy could write articles for UG, no doubt.

On a serious note, AIC is great so this thread isn't completely terrible.
Quote by NWD2100
Is it because nobody can match Layne? Nobody can be innovative with riffs like JerryNot even to sound just like them.... the question is really why don't rock bands rock? What is going on that the new guys can't leave a legacy behind?

When they started out they were original. Bands these days seem to be diluted copies of other bands and genres. There's no AiC because there's only one AiC with that same chemistry. Same goes for Type O Negative... If anyone can nameat least ONE band (that's not a side project of ex members) that sounds very alike then please feel free to mention!