Page 1 of 2
I really want a cat. I love cats and can't wait to get my own cat for myself when I move out. But when should you get a cat or a pet? Because the worst thing was to get a pet and then not be able to spend time with it, because you're working too much, or leaving it in a flat or apartment all day

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Get a pet when you can deal with the responsibilities having a pet comes with.

If you can afford it (vet bills, food, toys etc...) have the time to spend with them (I.E. not working 2 jobs and going to school at the same time) and it's not going to add much more stress (that you can't handle) then I'd say you're good to go.

Quote by genghisgandhi
cats don't give a shit if you don't spend time with them. they like it in fact

Also yeah.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
When you're not so desperate for sex you wonder if you can get it drunk.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by genghisgandhi
cats don't give a shit if you don't spend time with them. they like it in fact

#NotAllCats

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
#YesAllCats
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cats are just loveable little shits
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
As a young male adult, you should get a cat when you want a beacon to tell women you are single and not ready to mingle.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Cats are just spiteful little assholes who shit on the floor because they don't like someone in the house or because they got scared in the litter box and ran through the living room like Speedy Gon-shit-zalez

more accurate
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
more accurate

Dogs shit everywhere though. At least cats do it correctly 90-100% of the time.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
As I've gotten into my mid-20's I've become more and more aware of people my age who talk about absolutely nothing but their cats. Between that, kids and careers I'm finding it increasingly difficult to relate to people my age.

Very much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dpTYWJeZC4
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My cat has never shat in the house nor even thrown up.

She goes and does it outside and buries her shit. Rare occasions she will do it in the litter tray.

Quote by seventh_angel
^wat ? I don't know what devil of a cat you had, but cats are, generally, one of the cleanest animals. The only thing they usually get dirty is when they need to puke.

Or when they kill something and bring it in to play with.

But even then, a cat that does that once a week is a pussy compared to Towser(who I met when I was like 4 or 5).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't get a cat (or any other pet) if you don't have time to spend with them or money for regular upkeep plus emergency vet money. Even my hamster who theoretically should be fine without seeing me for a week goes crazy when I play with her after two days of not doing anything but feed her, and hamsters are certainly not as conscious of this stuff as larger mammals. They need mental stimulation and if you don't have other pets they interact with it's on you to provide that in some form.

I mean, don't get a plant either if you're just gonna let it wither away. Plenty of people do but i think less of them for it.o
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Don't get a cat (or any other pet) if you don't have time to spend with them or money for regular upkeep plus emergency vet money. Even my hamster who theoretically should be fine without seeing me for a week goes crazy when I play with her after two days of not doing anything but feed her, and hamsters are certainly not as conscious of this stuff as larger mammals. They need mental stimulation and if you don't have other pets they interact with it's on you to provide that in some form.

I mean, don't get a plant either if you're just gonna let it wither away. Plenty of people do but i think less of them for it.o

What are some good accessories to have like toys etc if you have cats?
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Pets are for the weak.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by K'Nuckles
Make a spreadsheet and see if it's doable.

cvnt

I got a little kitty when we found a litter of them living in a dumpster behind my work.

Cats are super easy (ours even puked in his litter box when he was sick!), and they're only really active in the early morning and evening, so surely that's when you wouldn't be working, right?

I was only 19 when I got him, extremely poor, and probably fed him more often than I fed myself. It's really whenever you feel like it. Just make sure they're allowed wherever you live, and set some money aside for vet visits.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Dec 29, 2014,
Quote by 457undead

scratching posts, and something tall in at least a few rooms for them to chill on. they like that. also at least a couple warm places.

what's more important is making sure there aren't dangerous things lying around like knives and ant poison
Quote by 457undead

All cats are different. Some cats like stuff with bells in, some just like simple scratching posts, other cats like catnip. My current cat just loves anything with feathers on, she goes mental for feathers.

Quote by seventh_angel
My cat is the proof that this is wrong. It just depends from cat to cat.

your cat is obviously not a cat then

it's probably just a dog and you never noticed
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Pets are for the weak.

I could make a joke about chinese people and cats/dogs, but I won't.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My cat has never shat in the house nor even thrown up.

She goes and does it outside and buries her shit. Rare occasions she will do it in the litter tray.

So...you have a cat
Quote by badfish_lewis
So...you have a cat

I think he means the cat in his parents' house
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
There are two types of people in this world: those who like pets and those that don't. You should always get a pet to flush out the latter.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Pets are for the weak.

Like this guy. Can't trust em
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
When you want your place to smell bad/ have allergic guests not like coming over (though I just recently found out poodle mixes have little to no dander, which is pretty legit)
Steps on how to care for a kitty.

Step 1. Buy a cat.

That's pretty much it, enjoy.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Fat Lard
When you want your place to smell bad/ have allergic guests not like coming over (though I just recently found out poodle mixes have little to no dander, which is pretty legit)

This is true.

My brother has 2 cats, and now my sister can't spend more than an hour in his house, even with anti-histamines(which she can't take atm because she's stark raving preggers).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Fat Lard

Cats don't make the place smell bad

If I had an allergic guest come round they are probably not worth it as they couldn't appreciate cats

Quote by EndTheRapture51

If I had an allergic guest come round they are probably not worth it as they couldn't appreciate cats

They make the place smell funny if you're normal(ie not a cat owner). And if your cats happen to get easily stressed, the place will smell like cat piss(and so will your shoes).
Quote by Diemon Dave
I get a cat when one comes around and seems cool and I have less than 2 cats already.
Then it gets a trial period where I feed it outside before I let it in.

My parents have 2 dogs, I ****ing hate living with dogs, loud needy whiny ****s. It's like having a toddler.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Don't get me wrong, I love cats and dogs, I just can't be around the ones with lots of dander/shedding for longer than a couple hours (cats especially). My family has 3 dogs but they're outside dogs and live in the shed because pet allergies run in the family (I will never forgive my littlest brother for making us get rid of the stray kittie I rescued/raised that only liked me lol).

It just means expect to clean your house thoroughly, alot (if you wanna be southern comforty). My old roomie had a dog that absolutely destroyed me to the point of tears and death itch all over my body (but you get used to it if you're around them a lot and your allergies aren't supremely bad, and you lay some ground rules like doggie fence on their side and you sweep up their hair, mop the floors often

Just something to look out for if a future lady friend has allergies and decides she doesn't want fun times at your place ever and decides to leave you for a normal person that doesn't need a pet to fill their loneliness void hehehe (jk)
Last edited by Fat Lard at Dec 29, 2014,
Page 1 of 2