"Samick"
"9081098"
"The first runner in selection performance"

24 fret samick neck (the machine heads have a jackson logo???) with hex key holder
rosewood fingerboard
unsure of body, probably maple.
floyd rose locking tremolo
locking nut
two single coil pickups (probably stock, no name), with one jackson humbucker
used to be burgundy red.
Samick is a company that half the time they "ghost build" the industry term is in other words they build the guitar and don't put their logo on it. Companies like Epiphone ,Washburn and so forth would order guitars from them and slap their brand on them. However Samick still does make guitars with their logos on them. I used to be on craigslist every day and it's no anomaly.

I'm only half way down an extra forum to assure myself as it's one of those in one ear out the other brands for the most part but I've heard samick does make some good guitars. Cort is another ghost builder that also makes their own line of instruments, Cort makes certain Ibanez or so this link says. I never cared for Ibanez but I'm sure there will be some dick measuring or reply telling me I'm wrong. Here's an insightful post of people who know more about it than I do.
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/which-brands-does-samick-produce.36700/
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 29, 2014,
Quote by Tallwood13
Cort is another ghost builder that also makes their own line of instruments, Cort makes certain Ibanez or so this link says. I never cared for Ibanez but I'm sure there will be some dick measuring or reply telling me I'm wrong. Here's an insightful post of people who know more about it than I do.
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/which-brands-does-samick-produce.36700/

Yes and no. Any Ibanezes with a serial number starting with the letter C were built in the Cort factory, which are usually low end guitars anyway and it was a lot more commonplace back in the 80s. Otherwise they are build in Ibanez factories.

Anyway, Tallwood is right here. Sammick is one of those no-name brands that is contracted to build guitars for other companies. This one was probably made to have a Jackson neck slapped on it at some point or another and sold as a low end Jackson. It's called grey importing, and unfortunate truth in today's USA production. Companies outsourcing to other foreign companies just to sell as a good ol' fashioned red blooded 'Merican logo.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
That's been going on for decades. It's not a new symptom of today's market. Heck, the guitar I grew up on was a 93-ish BCR Warlock made in one of those Korean plants. Today, I'm pretty sure die hard BCR guys mentally disavow these things even existed but it was solid (i'll refrain from saying well built) guitar and still hangs on my wall today.

IIRC, when companies in japan (orville comes to mind, I don't recall the equiv for fender) started making more accurate replicas in the 70's than Gibson and Fender were making of their own guitars, this overseas craze started with the two companies buying controlling interests in the overseas plants to regain some measure of control over the market.

To the OP, I can only reinforce what these gentlemen have already said. Samick is a known brand. Like Corts, you'll have to make your judgment based on the guitar. They make some really decent stuff and some really cheap stuff. Actually, from the first fuzzy picture, my initial impression was "Charvel" so, if it has Jackson tuners on it, it kind of makes sense to me. Not really my personal preference for style of guitar but it might be pretty good, go try it out.
Quote by Hydra26

To the OP, I can only reinforce what these gentlemen have already said. Samick is a known brand. Like Corts, you'll have to make your judgment based on the guitar. They make some really decent stuff and some really cheap stuff. Actually, from the first fuzzy picture, my initial impression was "Charvel" so, if it has Jackson tuners on it, it kind of makes sense to me. Not really my personal preference for style of guitar but it might be pretty good, go try it out.

I've been playing it for half a year now, it plays pretty good by my standards. Now that you mention it, there is a Charvel logo on the bridge.

Here's a slightly better picture.

I have a feeling if I upgrade the hardware and get it adjusted, it should be a half okay guitar.
If the guitar sounds good to your ears I'd definitely upgrade. I have a BC Rich warlock and I scalloepd the fretboard, put grovers and did all kinds of things to it and it's still my favorite guitar.

the good thing about guitar parts is a lot of them can be universal from brand to brand so if you drop 200$ on a floyd rose you can use it in another guitar if you choose to do so. Measure prior to swapping the floyd rose though the screw heads to the end of the routing and string size are very important. Other than that swapping hardwares a walk in the park. I'd suggest a good guitar processor over a new set of pickups at the moment though. I've worked on guitars, modifying and swapping parts the last decade so if anyone has any questions let me know.

some ideas
you can get green guitar tuners from sperzel just make sure you get the right hole type\
grover tuners are just fine by the way
Q-parts for green knobs and probably strap locks
green pickups exist / green mounting rings too ... color customizing can go far
mint green pickup covers exist too
the floyd rose special or original 1000 is a direct replacement without breaking bank (100$ us dollars for the 1000)

I'm mentioning green a lot to get a point across I guess, black or chrome hardware suits that guitar just as fine
it's not even supposed to be green, as you can tell. the paint chips reveal the guitar hard a burgundy red, kinda sparkly. very nice finish. I want to repaint it eventually.
Quote by TheStig1214
Yes and no. Any Ibanezes with a serial number starting with the letter C were built in the Cort factory, which are usually low end guitars anyway and it was a lot more commonplace back in the 80s. Otherwise they are build in Ibanez factories.

Didnt a thread just yesterday have a link to...

http://www.chucke.com/is-my-guitar-an-ibanez.asp
Quote by TheStig1214

Anyway, Tallwood is right here. Sammick is one of those no-name brands that is contracted to build guitars for other companies. This one was probably made to have a Jackson neck slapped on it at some point or another and sold as a low end Jackson. It's called grey importing, and unfortunate truth in today's USA production. Companies outsourcing to other foreign companies just to sell as a good ol' fashioned red blooded 'Merican logo.

Ibanez factories? I'm under the impression Ibanez never had a share in a factory of their own until they acquired the one in Indonesia where they make the Premium line together with Fujigen.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
"To understand why a lot of people get confused about the issue of whether a guitar is "made by Ibanez" or "made at the Ibanez factory" we have to look at the relationship between Hoshino, Fujigen, and "Ibanez".

First, "Ibanez" is just a brand name. (Yes, it's confusing because even Hoshino refers to themselves as "Ibanez" in their modern advertisements.) There is no "Ibanez" company or factory. What does exist is a Trading Company named Hoshino Gakki Group. That company owns the Ibanez and TAMA brands (as well as some other minor brands). They are based in Japan, but also have a US subsidiary, Hoshino USA, headquartered in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Hoshino owns no manufacturing facilities beyond a small custom shop in California. All of its guitars are built by various manufacturers around the world. Currently, Ibanez brand guitars are sourced from factories in China, Indonesia, Korea, and Japan (and possibly other countries I don't know about)."

Quote from chucke.com